Crop King Seeds - Northern Lights Auto - First Grow - Very Basic

Wow bos,, looking fine indeed,, 109 days,, wow,, no need to suggest y'all need to have patience,, over a century, well done,,,,still lookin to me like a bit to go yet,, some just take longer I think,, you know best bos, absolutely,,, :Namaste:

Happy for ya my friend,, get er done,, indeed,,:thumb:

You know what? I just realized this afternoon that I had never submitted a picture of either plant in normal lighting, once I started using the LED. I only have #2 left now, so I went this afternoon and took a decent picture of it before the lights came on. I think it looks great. Check it out...

20160119_153131_resized.jpg

Beautiful indeed, and so much easier to,look at,, nice job on er,, cheers:Namaste:

Done. Just a rough job, mind you. I'll do the final cleanup of all the sugar leaves tomorrow, then it will be a waiting game. Hopefully I'll figure out a way to weigh it all up before too long. My scale is pitifully small. The two big boys I have in the first picture were the winners. The one on the left was 35 grams and the one on the right was 30 grams. I guess some of that will be stem, lol, but they are pretty nice. The second picture is just a lineup of the buds that I ended up with, minus some smaller ones that are hard to hang. Anyway, we'll see what the next week or so brings, and I will be able to say what the final weight is. Cheers!

:thumb:

20160128_212835_resized.jpg

20160128_213521_resized.jpg

Well, final wet tally is in. I got a total of 254.2 grams wet. Most of the bigger branches were cut out, so hopefully I won't lose too much that way. According to all posts I can expect to get about 30% of that in dry, so by my calculations, that will equal out to approximately 76 grams, or 2.75 oz! (doesn't sound right for one plant, but the math works.) Wow...even if I lose a bunch of weight in branches and my calculations are off, I could still end up with 2 ounces. Woohoo! More than what I hoped for, for sure. Oh, and that doesn't count 7 grams that I took off in popcorn buds for shits and giggles. It more than makes up for plant #1, which came in about .75 ounces. I am going to keep this journal open for another couple of weeks so I can post a final dry tally, but it's been a blast, and won't be my last!! Oh, and after I cleaned the scissors, there was enough for a real nice hit of scissor hash! Score! I almost forgot the timeline. From seed to harvest was 120 days, but it was worth it!

:thumb::cheer::thumb:

crop_king.jpg

Well done bos, reps every time for harvest,, :bravo:

Just a note,, i always thinkk it is preferable to be surprised rather than disapointed,, so,, i think your 30% might be a bit high,, in fact, I have never read or heard anywhere the numbers you speak of,, not that the real numbers are bad, just maybe not so good as we might like,,

In fact, my own very recent experience backs up the 20%, which is closer to the actual wet vs dry ratio,,, my 181 wet grams shriveled into a very appreciated 36 grams dry,, now,, that was 36 grams of all bud, no stalk at all, and dried to a perfect 40% moisture.

Nuttin wrong with 20 %, as a matter of fact,, everything right with it,, cheers bos,, super harvest,,

Just a note,, i always thinkk it is preferable to be surprised rather than disapointed,, so,, i think your 30% might be a bit high,, in fact, I have never read or heard anywhere the numbers you speak of,, not that the real numbers are bad, just maybe not so good as we might like,,

In fact, my own very recent experience backs up the 20%, which is closer to the actual wet vs dry ratio,,, my 181 wet grams shriveled into a very appreciated 36 grams dry,, now,, that was 36 grams of all bud, no stalk at all, and dried to a perfect 40% moisture.

Nuttin wrong with 20 %, as a matter of fact,, everything right with it,, cheers bos,, super harvest,,

My recent experience is similar, around 20%. I stopped bothering with wet weights beyond the total of the entire plant above the medium (and even that I keep forgetting to do).

Had to comment about the "dried to a perfect 40%" though, I've read that curing stops and can't be restarted below 55%, and the boveda packs are available in an assortment of percentages, but all the shops for Cannabis only both to stock the 62%.

Just haven't heard 40% before, thought I'd bring it up and see if you were willing to talk a bit more about it. :)

"i think your 30% might be a bit high..."

It's just the number I'd heard a bit. 70% moisture loss. I would be quite happy with 20% for sure. Almost anything is better than buying! I vape more than smoke, so a little goes a real long way.

:thumb: :volcano-smiley:

I didn't actually expect to meet or exceed the quality of what i was buying, which was usually very good. Besides not (yet, hopefully) having the intense bag smell I'm used to, it's been better than anything we've smoked in months.

I'd second what the other folks are saying:

20-25% of wet weight is pretty close to what you'll get dried -- it all depends quite a lot, of course, on how much trimming you've done before you wet weight your harvest. If you leave lots of stems on for the wet weigh (as I do, so that I can hang the branches for drying) then obviously after trimming the stems away you'll be left with even less.

And our goal in drying and curing is to get the buds to about 62% -- at 50% RH the bud will be overdried by most people's standards, and has gone too far to rehydrate.

Do you have your dry and cure planned out? Can we help?

Back
Top Bottom