Crop King Seeds - Northern Lights Auto - First Grow - Very Basic

Just a quick update today...(and a Happy New Year) #1 showed some signs of reaching the end of the line last week, so I started flushing. The juice at the end of the big fan leaf branches is no longer bitter, so she will be coming down today. #2 however, is forming some real nice buds and the trichomes are forming up. It will be a few weeks behind. #2 was the one that came up with the seed cap still attached, and needed some help. Anyway, looking forward to the next few days and see what the yield from #1 will be. It won't be too big, I don't think, but it should be good just the same.

Day 93 and #1 came down. Now begins the drying/curing process. Hopefully by the time #1 is ready to burn, #2 won't be far behind it. Of course, now with the lights devoted to only one plant, it may accelerate things a bit.
:thumb::cheer:
planty001.jpg

Congrats Bridge,
So satisfying to see your efforts rewarded in sweet sticky bud.
I been rooting for you the entire time bro believe me.
During this ride I may have come off as a know it all, and some days I am guilty of that. :)
But in this case, I simply wanted to help in any way I could. Well done my friend.
Have some + reps for a job well done.
Now....what are your plans on the drying and curing process?;)

Congrats Bridge,
So satisfying to see your efforts rewarded in sweet sticky bud.
I been rooting for you the entire time bro believe me.
During this ride I may have come off as a know it all, and some days I am guilty of that. :)
But in this case, I simply wanted to help in any way I could. Well done my friend.
Have some + reps for a job well done.
Now....what are your plans on the drying and curing process?;)

Many thanks, Stage! I take all advice and file it. Some I use now, some I use later, but I use it all, one way or another. As far as drying, my buddy next door has had some great harvests, and has some good smoke, so I'll use his method for #1. I took the biggest fan leaves off ,and hung it for about a day and a half. Now, I have it trimmed and will let it hang for a few more days, until the outside of the buds are kinda crispy. Then it will be into a container for a couple of weeks for the final cure, with daily burpings and a watch on the humidity. Number two may get a different treatment depending on the success. I've seen a few decent looking videos describing various methods. Hopefully things will pan out. It's been a hell of a ride so far, and it's not done for a while yet!! Next? Who knows...I want to try some DWC hydro grows, and I'd like to try some different strains.

:Namaste:

Many thanks, Stage! I take all advice and file it. Some I use now, some I use later, but I use it all, one way or another. As far as drying, my buddy next door has had some great harvests, and has some good smoke, so I'll use his method for #1. I took the biggest fan leaves off ,and hung it for about a day and a half. Now, I have it trimmed and will let it hang for a few more days, until the outside of the buds are kinda crispy. Then it will be into a container for a couple of weeks for the final cure, with daily burpings and a watch on the humidity. Number two may get a different treatment depending on the success. I've seen a few decent looking videos describing various methods. Hopefully things will pan out. It's been a hell of a ride so far, and it's not done for a while yet!! Next? Who knows...I want to try some DWC hydro grows, and I'd like to try some different strains.

Bridge,
Sweet. Sounds like a plan. Are you using a hygrometer? If not, why not. If yes then good job man!:goodjob:

Well, things are going into the homestretch now. I was mildly disappointed in #1, because of the yield, and because the buds were VERY loose and fluffy. Full of trichomes though. It's not fully cured yet, but it will be ok, I'm sure. Now...on to #2. It has definitely taken over as the star of the show. Buds popping out all over, and they are so tight and thick! They've really started to get sticky and smelly in the last week. I will be very much looking forward to this girl finishing. Here's a few bud shots from #2, but they don't really do her justice...they look so much better in person.

20160108_210513.jpg

20160108_210541.jpg

20160108_210538.jpg

20160108_210529.jpg

Thanks everybody. It's been quite the ride so far. I've never seen something like the way these plants change so quickly. One day you'll think that aww, it looks like there's nothing happening, then the next day walk in and HOLY CRAP! where did that bud come from? lol I'm still a few weeks away from the finish line with #2, but things are starting to happen fast. A couple of days ago, there was no smell to speak of, and not a lot of trichomes. Now the smell has showed up, and the buds are sticky with trichomes. I am really excited to see what the next couple of weeks brings. If I'm right, and she gets the chop in a couple of weeks, that will be close to the end of January, which will make the grand total close to 120 days. A little more than what I had counted on, but by the looks of the plant, well with the wait. Woohoo!

:thumb::cheer::thumb:

Bridge,
You should be happy bro. However...
From the tone of your post (#129), sounds like you are a little disappointed at the yield.:nomo:
Let's summarize what happened here....
The size of your buds would have been bigger if you kept the bud tops even and low.
You stopped using lst and only the buds closest to the light were nug sized while all the others were popcorn.
You don't want the shape of your plants to be xmas tree. You want a bush with multiple tops.
Your lights' output diminished from lack of reflective material in the grow area.
Additionally, the size of the pots were too big. Use 3 gal fabric pots next time when running autos that finish in 10 weeks or so.
Your pots didn't have drainage holes.
As a result the lack of drainage and oxygen to your root zone slowed the growth of the plants.
Be sure you address these things in your next run. If you do you will be impressed at the yields.:thanks:

Thanks everybody. It's been quite the ride so far. I've never seen something like the way these plants change so quickly. One day you'll think that aww, it looks like there's nothing happening, then the next day walk in and HOLY CRAP! where did that bud come from? lol I'm still a few weeks away from the finish line with #2, but things are starting to happen fast. A couple of days ago, there was no smell to speak of, and not a lot of trichomes. Now the smell has showed up, and the buds are sticky with trichomes. I am really excited to see what the next couple of weeks brings. If I'm right, and she gets the chop in a couple of weeks, that will be close to the end of January, which will make the grand total close to 120 days. A little more than what I had counted on, but by the looks of the plant, well with the wait. Woohoo!

:thumb::cheer::thumb:

Oh, yes, it's IS the best feeling to harvest (and then consume) your own medicine! Great job and I look forward to seeing #2 come down :)

Bridge,
From the tone of your post (#129), sounds like you are a little disappointed at the yield.:nomo:
The size of your buds would have been bigger if you kept the bud tops even and low.
You stopped using lst and only the buds closest to the light were nug sized while all the others were popcorn.
You don't want the shape of your plants to be xmas tree. You want a bush with multiple tops.
Your lights' output diminished from lack of reflective material in the grow area.
Additionally, the size of the pots were too big. Use 3 gal fabric pots next time when running autos that finish in 10 weeks or so.
As a result the lack of drainage and oxygen to your root zone slowed the growth of the plants.
Be sure you address these things in your next run. If you do you will be impressed at the yields.:thanks:

+reps, Stage -- this summary of the grow is the kind of thing each of us should do at the end of a grow, so that we really learn from each mistake or miscalculation.

Bridge,

I guess disappointed was the wrong word. It was more like: "Hmmm, I thought there'd be more..." Oh, believe me, I'm elated that I can finally tell my "guy" that no thanks, I have enough! I know that #2 will be more than double what I got from #1. The nugs are nice and tight and plentiful. You're right though, I went with what I had on hand to keep the initial costs low. I did evntually get a good amount of holes drilled into the buckets, but fabric pots (now that I know that they exist) are definitely the way to go. I want to get another LED, and a tent with a carbon filtration system. All in all, the next one will be a whole lot better. As far as LST goes, I did continue on with it, but I was running out of places to tie them down, so it wasn't as good as it could have been. Anyway, I have done some limited testing on #1, and it's very good, so if #2 is that much better, I may end up making a batch of RSO with the proceeds from #1. It's not fully cured yet, so the taste will improve, but the smoke is pretty smooth, and it has a kick, but it allows for creativity, not couchlock. I will say that both girls would have been toast if I hadn't had the best advice from the people here. It's a pretty good feeling that I'll never be dependent on the market for my own medicine. Once again, thank you very much!

:thumb::Namaste::thumb:

Well, it's coming ever closer. I can't believe how big these buds are getting! Better than I had hoped. I can't believe this is the one I was worried wasn't going to make it because it came up with a cap and needed my help. Anyway, there's really not much to report, except the tell tale smell is returning, but not like #1. It's mild, but there. The buds are getting big, and are plentiful. This one should be a good harvest. I may feed a couple of more times, and then start flushing. The trichomes are starting to get cloudy, but a good amount are still clear. Here's a nice shot of one of the better buds. Oooooo boy!

:allgood:

20160112_210737_resized.jpg

Back
Top Bottom