Crop King Seeds - Northern Lights Auto - First Grow - Very Basic

Yeah, they're coming along nicely now. I'd like to see more height, but I'll put that down to a first grow, and inexperience. I will have a COB LED in place in a couple of days, and hopefully that will help. I know I may not get a lot with this one, but anything will be a good thing. Plus, I have three more NL Auto seeds in reserve, which I will start after Christmas. I can hardly wait until I see the first bud start to form. That will be awesome.

I got the LED mounted today. Hopefully, they will enjoy it. Oh, and it looks like they hit puberty yesterday. There were a couple of hairs visible.
LED_light1.jpg

The difference in 4-5 days of LED is incredible. I guess when you check it a couple or three times a day, it's hard to see. Comparing the last set of pics to today's is amazing. Growth spurt is coming hard now. Into pre-flowering. There are quite a few pistils visible. I'm not sure if I'd do the LST again, or maybe I'd do it differently. Oh well, live and learn. Next grow will be much better. I'll be better prepared, for sure. Here are a couple of pictures.
pot0031.jpg

pot0041.jpg

Bridge,
Gals looking good and growing like weeds.
Don't 2nd guess yourself, LST is helping and you should continue tying down the tops to allow the secondary growth shoots an opportunity at the light. With LED that sweet spot in your pic above gets smaller as they grow.:nomo:

It's amazing what LST and the LED have done. Growth has taken off. Hairs are poppin' out everywhere. The plant that started out the strongest has fallen back a bit, but not by a whole lot. My insurance policy next to them is coming along nicely too. Drainage issue has been fixed with the help of a cheap boot tray that fits both 5 gal. pails nicely. I've got a loupe on the way so I can get a closer look. All in all, it's taking a little longer than I had thought it might, but the girls are looking pretty good. It's actually soon time to start thinking about moving the light up a bit...lol I forgot to add that the main stem has just about tripled in thickness in the last two weeks.

plant001.jpg

:thumb:
:high-five:

It's official...I'm impressed with the LEDs. I see them every day, but when I take pics and compare them, then I see what four days difference makes. One plant has remained fairly low and bushy, and the other is shooting up, even with LST. Second pic is of the main COLA area on the first plant. There are lots of bud sites forming.
IMG_20151120_092632.jpg

IMG_20151120_092730.jpg

Thanks to all for the great comments and suggestions. Moving into the last trimester now. Almost two months in the ground. Things are really taking off. It's seemed to take forever to get to this point, but probably because I check them a few times a day...lol Without LST number one would be a tall girl now. Number two was the one that started off with the seed cap stuck on, although I can't say for sure if that was the cause of the stunting. They've both received the same light and food. It seems to be a couple of weeks behind it's big sister, but the budding is coming along nicely now. There are so many bud sites on number one, I've gone crazy trying to fold the big fan leaves out of the way. Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to harvest number one before Christmas, but I won't push it too hard. Here's a couple of update pics.

20151127_142613.jpg

20151127_142631.jpg

Bridge,
Your girls look good. Things are coming along nicely.:goodjob:

I see your girl is flowering, but it appears she is still stretching.
When growing autos, this means she's not yet fully committed to the bud production.
Keep giving her grow nutes until she stops stretching.

It appears you have stopped the lst? Plant on the right will take over if you let her. Tie her down before that happens. It isnt too late.

Question for ya...followed by a suggestion.:geek:
Are the pics you show the actual grow area?
If so it looks like a lot of wasted light not getting to your plants.
The photos may be misleading but it appears your'e not taking full advantage of your lights potential.
I would recommend some mylar or panda film or some type of reflective material you could place below your plants and on the wall(s).
Maybe some cardboard wrapped in mylar to reflect the light back to the girls on the other side.:passitleft:
Stage

You're correct, that is the grow area. I am making plans to rearrange it. I didn't expect the plants to get this big. Next time I will look for pots that are lower, but bigger around. As for the lighting, I know I have to get some reflective material in there. I checked the dollar store for some mylar emergency blankets, but nothing was to be had. I will have to go to the city and see if I cam scare some up. As far as the LST goes, I'll have to separate the plants I guess so I can get back to it.

Back
Top Bottom