Crop Kings Seeds - Autflower Nutrient

So here is what I have done in my grow to keep you all updated

I tested my water after I let it sit room temp for 30+ hours, almost 2 days.
PH = 7.7 (we got a kick ass water system, but not for growing)

I purchased 4L jugs of water from Walmart and it tested at 7.2-7.5
It said it was ozonated water, which I have no idea what that means anyways, but I was sold cause it sounded cool!

I did not want to invest in PH UP/DOWN

I went to the fridge and got the bottle of vinegar. I let the vinegar set to room temperature and become distilled. Vinegar is more acidic and natural so after 24+ hours I added 1 Tbsp to the 4 liters (1.xx US Gal) of water. . Gave it a shake and tested the water at 6.89. I added 1/2 Tbsp of vinegar to the already mixed vinegar water, gave it a shake and when I tested I got a reading of 6.32

I let it sit for several hours and after I tested again it was only 6.44
I added to soil and let a little runoff start
I tested all runoff water and was getting a ph reading of 6.6

Soil used: Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting Soil

I will only be using this method until I start ph perfect from advanced nutrients, but its working so far!

So here is what I have done in my grow to keep you all updated

I tested my water after I let it sit room temp for 30+ hours, almost 2 days.
PH = 7.7 (we got a kick ass water system, but not for growing)

I purchased 4L jugs of water from Walmart and it tested at 7.2-7.5
It said it was ozonated water, which I have no idea what that means anyways, but I was sold cause it sounded cool!

I did not want to invest in PH UP/DOWN

I went to the fridge and got the bottle of vinegar. I let the vinegar set to room temperature and become distilled. Vinegar is more acidic and natural so after 24+ hours I added 1 Tbsp to the 4 liters (1.xx US Gal) of water. . Gave it a shake and tested the water at 6.89. I added 1/2 Tbsp of vinegar to the already mixed vinegar water, gave it a shake and when I tested I got a reading of 6.32

I let it sit for several hours and after I tested again it was only 6.44
I added to soil and let a little runoff start
I tested all runoff water and was getting a ph reading of 6.6

Soil used: Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting Soil

I will only be using this method until I start ph perfect from advanced nutrients, but its working so far!
You growing in soil or coco bro

This is all soil

Using Fox Farms Ocean Forest
420-magazine-mobile1803953151.jpg
hope this helps

Just to add some additional perspective about the wide margins of error there are when growing in soil/soil-less medium.

I'm certainly no expert but I've grown in fox farms happy frog soil with fox farm nutes. I've grown in sunshine mix #4 with advanced nutrients (2). I also grew (most recently) in sunshine mix with fox farms.

Happy Frog has nutes in it and I ran into troubles with the Fox Farm nutes and the soil getting too hot. Had to do some flushing. I was originally PH'ng every time I water/fed.

I switched to AN's and the sunshine mix next. Stopped PH'ng, just added the nutes into water, shook gently, then applied to the plants.

I did not put the nutes into the bottle in any specific order.

If anyone is interested I have the dates of each watering/feeding for each grow.

Point is....when growing in soil, you have a large degree of flexibility in watering/feeding. Obviously any extreme can produce disastrous results if not adjusted, but in all cases I did end up with buds that were decent enough to smoke. Both Fox Farms and Advanced Nutrients produced nice buds. I can't say one was much better than the other.

Hope that helps :Namaste:

Just to add some additional perspective about the wide margins of error there are when growing in soil/soil-less medium.

I'm certainly no expert but I've grown in fox farms happy frog soil with fox farm nutes. I've grown in sunshine mix #4 with advanced nutrients (2). I also grew (most recently) in sunshine mix with fox farms.

Happy Frog has nutes in it and I ran into troubles with the Fox Farm nutes and the soil getting too hot. Had to do some flushing. I was originally PH'ng every time I water/fed.

I switched to AN's and the sunshine mix next. Stopped PH'ng, just added the nutes into water, shook gently, then applied to the plants.

I did not put the nutes into the bottle in any specific order.

If anyone is interested I have the dates of each watering/feeding for each grow.

Point is....when growing in soil, you have a large degree of flexibility in watering/feeding. Obviously any extreme can produce disastrous results if not adjusted, but in all cases I did end up with buds that were decent enough to smoke. Both Fox Farms and Advanced Nutrients produced nice buds. I can't say one was much better than the other.

Hope that helps :Namaste:

OK so here is a question...

I am using Fox Farms Ocean Forest, and will be using AN pH Perfect 3 part

I planted directly into 5GAL buckets with my 2 autos
I last watered 6 days ago

I was reading about nute schedules for week 4 or 5 and I found one that apparently works very well. The thing that everyone was that made the difference for him was "Water more, feed less".

Let's say he was watering 4L every 4 days. Instead of doing that he was watering 1L every day, and when it was time to add nutes he was measuring 1/4 of recommended feeding per liter.

Wouldn't this be considered over watering? I didn't think roots liked to be wet all the time...

Here is a few shots of where I am at with my grow

20170503_221910.jpg
Cheese DAY 7 of Vegetation​

20170503_220223.jpg

20170503_220210.jpg
Tutankhamon DAY 7 of Vegetation​

20170503_220136.jpg

I was reading about nute schedules for week 4 or 5 and I found one that apparently works very well. The thing that everyone was that made the difference for him was "Water more, feed less".

Let's say he was watering 4L every 4 days. Instead of doing that he was watering 1L every day, and when it was time to add nutes he was measuring 1/4 of recommended feeding per liter.

Wouldn't this be considered over watering? I didn't think roots liked to be wet all the time...

20170503_221910.jpg

20170503_220223.jpg

20170503_220210.jpg

20170503_220136.jpg
That would be overwatering for soil, that sounds like a coco feed schedule.

The seedlings look good though but you def dont want to over water in ffof. I did that to my first plant and stunted her bad.

In the last 11 days there has been 2 waterings. Now...the mistake I made was watering until runoff, from what I was told on my journal I should have only watered around the stem and not the entire pot. Wasting water and roots always moist/wet.

I first watered the pots 4L before planting seeds to prevent water pushing seed deeper in soil
4 days later I ended up having to water again. Watered 4L per pot and let each runoff.

Today is day 6 soon to be day 7 without any water

When I stick my finger in the soil around the edge it feels dry

When I stick my finger in the soil around the middle area it is not wet, but feels cool to touch, and some soil sticks to my fingers when I take it out.

I dont have a drainage issue. With 4L of water I can easily get a lot of runoff

I'm in 3gal pots. My last couple of grows I would water the seedling with a 500ml water bottle every other day. Once they get to about 40-50 days old, I water a full liter. I rarely water/feed until run off.

I use one of these $8 moisture meters that you push into the dirt. I wait until they the soil near the bottom is dry.

I usually went to 50% of the recommended feeding.

When I fed a 500ml water bottle, here was what I put in:

2ml of each of the AN trio

FF - 4ml of BB .6ml GB and 1ml TB

I loosely followed the weekly schedule.

As I mentioned - cannabis is pretty flexible. The longer you grow and experiment, the better you'll dial in your grow but you really need to be extreme to totally screw up a grow. :Namaste:

I'm in 3gal pots. My last couple of grows I would water the seedling with a 500ml water bottle every other day. Once they get to about 40-50 days old, I water a full liter. I rarely water/feed until run off.

I use one of these $8 moisture meters that you push into the dirt. I wait until they the soil near the bottom is dry.

I usually went to 50% of the recommended feeding.

When I fed a 500ml water bottle, here was what I put in:

2ml of each of the AN trio

FF - 4ml of BB .6ml GB and 1ml TB

I loosely followed the weekly schedule.

As I mentioned - cannabis is pretty flexible. The longer you grow and experiment, the better you'll dial in your grow but you really need to be extreme to totally screw up a grow. :Namaste:

That is very helpful. I made the mistake of soaking my 5 Gallon bucket to runoff before I planted the seeds. Lesson learned. Again, I wouldnt have went with 5Gal buckets but where it is an autoflower it is recommended to keep in same pot from start to finish.

Now I checked today and I got a feeling I am heading into a path of doom.

I feel I am on a straight forward path to doom and failure with this plant.

Both plants are using the same water and soil but only 1 is not making me happy, and its the one I am most excited for.

I checked the soil today and its not all dry yet, its very close so I may provide a little drink today without watering too much of the soil where they are so small yet.

I tried taking some photos but to get the detail I had to remove from the tent.

Take a look at this photo

Curl4.jpg

To me it looks like a couple leaves have a small curl or is starting a small curl upwards
I also noticed some discoloration on the edge of 2 leaves

What seems like smooth sailing has me thinking the sailboat is about to sink

IndyRacerNick - take a deep breath, have some of this and enjoy :passitleft:

The plant above looks fine. Once I get a seedling to that stage, I'm 100% completion rate. Sure, I'll run into issues (deficiencies, temps, water, mistakes (ripping a branch by mistake)) but they all turn out ok.

Curled leaves often are the result of heat. You'll always have a couple leaves that may look odd during a grow. Or have spots here or there. They usually end up being nothing. When you see a large change, that's when you need to really worry. ;)

Also - when watering, make sure to water toward the edges of the pot too as you pour around the base:Namaste:

Congrats on making it to this point:goodjob:

IndyRacerNick - take a deep breath, have some of this and enjoy :passitleft:

The plant above looks fine. Once I get a seedling to that stage, I'm 100% completion rate. Sure, I'll run into issues (deficiencies, temps, water, mistakes (ripping a branch by mistake)) but they all turn out ok.

Curled leaves often are the result of heat. You'll always have a couple leaves that may look odd during a grow. Or have spots here or there. They usually end up being nothing. When you see a large change, that's when you need to really worry. ;)

Also - when watering, make sure to water toward the edges of the pot too as you pour around the base:Namaste:

Congrats on making it to this point:goodjob:

I cant help it...I am a father of 3 kids...let me stand corrected...5 now that I have these 2 babies.

I was looking at photos and you know what...sometimes its best to just stay off the Internet and let it be. It is just concerning where last night this was not visible and today I notice curls and these spots on the leaves. I guess I would rather spot an issue early than later. Where this is my 1st grow I don't know what to expect, my apologies for the dumb question.

Heat is not a issue as its stable at 25 - 26 C and I have the 1 LED light there that produces almost no heat at all, along with 2 clip on fans and the exhaust pulling air out.

Humidity is 30%

I will take your word for it and go enjoy some of this Grand Daddy Purple I have here

You say to water around the edge of the pot? I have them planted in 5 Gallon buckets, because its an autoflower. I was told to water around the stem for now and avoid the edge of the pot where they are still fairly small. Again...I gotta stop reading the Internet

Enjoy the process. This is just the beginning. You've got about 70-90 days left :high-five:

I didn't mean to make it sound like you asked a dumb question. I'm trying to ease your worry. These plants are pretty tough to screw up. :;):

When they're seedlings, I pour in a ring around the base going out several inches. As they get bigger, it's tougher to get the water at the base so you need to water around the edge of the pot more.

On the plant above, watering around the outside of the leaf diameter to the edge of the pot would be fine. Pouring around the stem will be fine too.

I'd get that moisture meter. Works good.:Namaste:

Enjoy the process. This is just the beginning. You've got about 70-90 days left :high-five:

I didn't mean to make it sound like you asked a dumb question. I'm trying to ease your worry. These plants are pretty tough to screw up. :;):

When they're seedlings, I pour in a ring around the base going out several inches. As they get bigger, it's tougher to get the water at the base so you need to water around the edge of the pot more.

On the plant above, watering around the outside of the leaf diameter to the edge of the pot would be fine. Pouring around the stem will be fine too.

I'd get that moisture meter. Works good.:Namaste:

I have a 3 in 1 meter and i dont really trust it. 1 prongs one for pH and the other for moisture

Still says its wet when I place it in. The soil feels a little cool when my finger is all the way in, but dry for the first 2"

I am going to try and dry the entire pot out as much as I can so I can start feeding in smaller doses rather than one set amount like I did before there was runoff. When she is bigger I can feed more, but I am ending up with soil that is staying wet. I am on day 7 with no water and its because of the bottom of the pot.

Thanks for your input and no worries, you never made it seem like a dumb question...the only way to learn is by asking questions or making mistakes...I rather ask questions to prevent the mistakes lol

Cheers my friend!

Back
Top Bottom