Cruizer's Inside/Outside CFL Soil Growing Experience

Oh Yeah, the mango seed took a backseat and got neglected. I'm going to try again, because I really want a mango tree. :thumb:

Thanks Bapple, you have a great day too...:circle-of-love:

Are all your CFLs 23w? I'm running mostly 23w's with a couple 42w's and my light reader shows that the 42's make a big difference in the distance I can keep the bulbs away from the plants before it starts dropping lux. The 23's can work but for it work work optimally they really have to be within an inch or two for maximum effectiveness (I've kept mine are further than that for this grow). Next grow I'm going to spend a bit more time with my light positioning and making better fixtures for them.

Oh yes, and I like this plant you're training, good job:
cruisers-training.png

Yea, mostly 23w's with a couple 32w's. You're right, 2" is about where I TRY to keep them but it's hard when you have a bunch at different stages of height. I have some balanced on little boxes shoe box, rolls of tape and plastic tupperware bowls, hahaha it gets tricky moving them inside/outside. I'm getting good at it and don't mind the exercise. It's going to get harder though once in flower, I'm going to have to take my time and slow down so I don't break anything. OH yeah!

Thanks on the plant, I don't know if its a female yet. I took off the supports yesterday to watch it reach for the sky, its going to look cool, indeed.

That reminds me, they said I got 90 days to return the 42w to home depot even if I use it. I picked up 1 6500k 42w CFL from home depot but it cost close to $20 for a single bulb.

I think I'd be better off putting that $20 CAD into this bulb thats $23.07 USD > Energy Miser FE-IIIB-105W-65K - 105 Watt - 5U CFL 400 W Equal - 6500K Full Spectrum Daylight - 80 CRI - 59 Lumens per Watt - 12 Month Warranty. To me that just seems like a better bang for the buck once my credit card arrives in the mail.

I picked up 5 2300k 42w CFL bulbs from the dollarama for $3 each but they don't stock them usually so I got all the entire inventory that they received at the one dollarama store. I spoke with management and all the other stores sold their 5 42w 2300k bulbs that each store received so I lucked out finding those bulbs.

That's hilarious I was doing the same thing balancing plants to try to get them closer to the CFLs. It gets to be a pain in the ass though especially for me because I'm going super stealth so even the person living with me doesn't know what's inside the closet and she walks past it multiple times a day. Now that I'm in flower though I'm noticing the faint scent of the buds before it reaches my big room air purifier. I'm thinking of growing some lemon grass or citronella plants or something with a strong scent to mask the smell of the cannabis flowers. It's hard to make adjustments to my closet mid grow trying to keep everything stealth in between work schedules, etc and put in the time to keep reading and learning along the way. Next grow is going to be so much easier. I'd really love some LED lights to see how much heat they generate. CFLs generate a lot more heat than I expected - which will be good when winter comes. Not so good during the hot summer months. It's a lot harder to regulate temperature and humidity in a small closet than it is for an entire room. Especially if it's a stealth closet. My heat in the closet have gone to temps much higher than recommended so that's another challenge I still need to overcome.

Anyhow looking forward to seeing if that beauty you trained is a male or female and how it turns out for you. Hopefully it's a girl!

Today is day 1 of flower.

I keep the 6 oldest plants inside and under the cfl's when they need to be and outside when it's sunny, which isn't today. The other 4 will be staying outside so I can see when things flower around here. I looked online and it goes to 12/12 the end of september. But they may flower before, I don't know. And 2 plants I lost to over watering due to compacted soil. I pulled them out yesterday and put in a new mix with adding more perlite, but i think it was to late.

Post vid/pics when things start to happen.
:thanks:

Here was day 1 of flower, i had to show what they looked like going in, so here's a few group shots. I changed the cfl's to an equal mix of 2700k/6500k color. I'm going with a 11/13 flowering schedule instead of the 12/12 after reading others using it. I read with Sativa dominant strain that they won't go into flower unless under 12 hrs. of daylight. :hmmmm: I don't have any bloom nutes, anyone have any suggestions for organics i could buy at the store? I used coconut water/milk on my last grow, what else could I use?
20150719_155423.jpg
20150719_155306.jpg
20150719_155141.jpg
20150719_155210.jpg

It is a nice garden. I can't wait to see the flowering pics and vids especially on that one you trained. I'm a very visual person...love to see how other people's stuff grows. :volcano-smiley: @Light Addict has some of the coolest stuff that he's trained that I've seen so far on these forums. :Namaste:

Update: Week 1
I discovered a male today and my friend said she wanted any males I get, so she's totally stoked about it.
I have 1 more that hasn't shown a sex yet. So I have 4 outside and 5 inside. :thanks:

Here's the male:
20150724_102046.jpg
20150724_102112.jpg

But i did figure out that when i take pictures with my android, I have to have the volume buttons at the bottom and single power button at the top, in order for my pics to upload straight up the way I took them!

Anyways, I was playing with the dog and bumped into my lights. Dropped the whole rack on top of my plants, LOL. burned a couple leaves. Thankfully, not a single top was harmed in the rough housing with the dog. :rofl:

Nah, it's not so bad. When they wake up they go outside. I move them once to other side of the yard in the afternoon, then bring them in for the night. I can't see myself dragging around 5 gallon buckets though, hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom