Cultivator Disciple - Coco - Barney's Blue Cheese

Hey everyone : )

Today is day 56 of flower and my last day of feeding nutes to the ladies. Tomorrow I will flush as all my trichomes have turned cloudy and some even amber.

I might be over thinking all of this but I would like to know how to properly flush my plants.

1) how much run off on first watering ?

2) should I test run off ? If yes, what do I do once I have my reading ?

3) do I let it almost dry out until next watering i.e water every 2 days as the pots will be really saturated due to the heavy watering on day 1 ?

4) ph or not to ph that is the question ? (I am using RO water that reads 0ppm)

Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

Peace out bros !!!

As Penny said, don't flush. Just back off on nutes until you're basically giving them nothing. Don't worry too much about the health of the plants either in this last phase. Not much can derail them now.

As Penny said, don't flush. Just back off on nutes until you're basically giving them nothing. Don't worry too much about the health of the plants either in this last phase. Not much can derail them now.
I really want to flush as I want to obtain as clean and pure of a smoke as possible. I want this to be prime medicine. I'll let you know how it comes out.

This is how I will proceed after having talked to @Asesino85

1) I will not PH my flush water.

2) i will test the runoff by putting a shot glass under my plants and filling it up. I'll dump water through it until the ppm is less than 200. That’s when I will stop.

3) I won't water the next day to let them dry out from dumping tons of water through them for the flush.

4) I'll go back to daily waterings until the day before I am going to chop them and then let them dry out again for the last two days.

Love you all brothers !

Hey everyone ! How's it going ? I have now been flushing for 4 days. First day I flushed I couldnt believe what my ppm/ec reader was telling me !!! 9.6 ec was the first tested runoff !!!!!! I managed after 10 gallons of water in each pot to get things down to 0.2 ec. Today (4 days after) I watered one gallon in each pot to get run off and it was still reading 1.3 ec

Do you think I should do another full flush to get things to 0.0ec as I am using RO water ?

Here is how the trichomes are looking. Any thoughts ?

Thanx and much love !

Looks like a lot of clear trichs yet, I wouldn't worry too much about runoff at this point.
Yea bro I was looking at trichs now that I bought my microscope that hooks up to my phone and was very surprised about how much clear trichs I still have. I thought they would have been more cloudy. What do you guys suggest I do ? Just keep on watering with RO water not PH'd and wait till all trichs are cloudy ?

I don't flush, I just reduce my nutrients and feed normally. I want the plants metabolism cranking those last 2 weeks or so.
Yea bro I know you dont flush. I guess it's just something telling me I want to flush them after seeing so many videos and it feels like the thing to do. I hate chemicals etc... I guess that's why I'm really wanting to flush to get rid of all nutes in coco and for them to finish hard on their own. I would think the smoke will be smoother as there wont be as many harsh salts etc... I will make sure to let you know how my first smoke went although I will probably have another ton of questions about drying for you loool

Hey everyone ! How's it going ? I have now been flushing for 4 days. First day I flushed I couldnt believe what my ppm/ec reader was telling me !!! 9.6 ec was the first tested runoff !!!!!! I managed after 10 gallons of water in each pot to get things down to 0.2 ec. Today (4 days after) I watered one gallon in each pot to get run off and it was still reading 1.3 ec

Do you think I should do another full flush to get things to 0.0ec as I am using RO water ?

Here is how the trichomes are looking. Any thoughts ?

Thanx and much love !

I'd just give them water until the end. You'll see them start fading. I'd do this for about another week. I see a few spots where they are turning amber but there is still a lot of clear left in here. Anywhere between 63-70 days seems to be when I like to pull them and I think you are only on day 50? I think you probably got a little anxious.

The truth of the matter is that the opinions on flushing are about the same of the opinions on defoliation or whether or not you LST a plant. Flushing causes the plant stress. What Pennywise pretty much does is slowly starves the plant. That causes stress too. Two different ways to cause stress ultimately resulting in a similar outcome. The curing phase is by far the most important for taste and smell. Personally I'm a fan of flushing and have had the best results with it. I really don't think it makes a ton of difference whichever way to do it. Everyone has a different experience with it and that's why there is so many opinions on the matter.

I'd just give them water until the end. You'll see them start fading. I'd do this for about another week. I see a few spots where they are turning amber but there is still a lot of clear left in here. Anywhere between 63-70 days seems to be when I like to pull them and I think you are only on day 50? I think you probably got a little anxious.

The truth of the matter is that the opinions on flushing are about the same of the opinions on defoliation or whether or not you LST a plant. Flushing causes the plant stress. What Pennywise pretty much does is slowly starves the plant. That causes stress too. Two different ways to cause stress ultimately resulting in a similar outcome. The curing phase is by far the most important for taste and smell. Personally I'm a fan of flushing and have had the best results with it. I really don't think it makes a ton of difference whichever way to do it. Everyone has a different experience with it and that's why there is so many opinions on the matter.
Thanx brother. I am actually in day 60 of flower so that would mean another 3 - 10 days.

Remember i said when I tested run off after flush I managed to get it down to 0.2 ec. Well today which is 4 days after I tested small run off and it was at 1.4 ec thats why I was wandering if I should still flush one more time or just give normal watering without excessive run off ?

Peace out bros

Remember i said when I tested run off after flush I managed to get it down to 0.2 ec. Well today which is 4 days after I tested small run off and it was at 1.4 ec thats why I was wandering if I should still flush one more time or just give normal watering without excessive run off ?

Peace out bros

I think you need to go another week and give it waterings where you get just a little runoff.

Some do and some don't, I just never saw a big difference in the final product either way.

Yup, not a major factor either way.

Back
Top Bottom