Curing pots: has anyone tried this?

Savvage61

I hope this is in the right place I am taking baby steps to get better and better weed this grow I started using Dynomyco and Geo flora nutes so I start with a good strong root system, and Im not mixing chemicals and fighting lockouts Plus im 100% organic.
I have been using grove bags since I started growing and I have to wait so long for the chlorophyll smell to to go away eventually it goes away but the bags seem to leave a after taste/smell. I just did a small 6 oz harvest and I am using the 32 oz mason jars (get the 64 trust me) and fore the first time I am burping and watching a hydrgrow meter this is fine for now but what do I do when I have a pound to cure thats a lot of 32 oz mason jars so After some research I learned there are options for a 1 or 2 container cure. I really like the cv vault and the Pot pot But my wife doesn't like the price and I just got a couple new inline fans and a bud trimmer so a curing Vault would cost me a body part and I think we all know which ones. so I saw these and wonder is anyone has used them or anything similar? I also saw a 5 gal plastic bucket for $70 and there isnt much a difference from the $5 bucket and lid from lowes. some fresh insight would help
Thanks

71v0b6hTkkL._AC_SX679_.jpg

I hope this is in the right place I am taking baby steps to get better and better weed this grow I started using Dynomyco and Geo flora nutes so I start with a good strong root system, and Im not mixing chemicals and fighting lockouts Plus im 100% organic.
I have been using grove bags since I started growing and I have to wait so long for the chlorophyll smell to to go away eventually it goes away but the bags seem to leave a after taste/smell. I just did a small 6 oz harvest and I am using the 32 oz mason jars (get the 64 trust me) and fore the first time I am burping and watching a hydrgrow meter this is fine for now but what do I do when I have a pound to cure thats a lot of 32 oz mason jars so After some research I learned there are options for a 1 or 2 container cure. I really like the cv vault and the Pot pot But my wife doesn't like the price and I just got a couple new inline fans and a bud trimmer so a curing Vault would cost me a body part and I think we all know which ones. so I saw these and wonder is anyone has used them or anything similar? I also saw a 5 gal plastic bucket for $70 and there isnt much a difference from the $5 bucket and lid from lowes. some fresh insight would help
Thanks

71v0b6hTkkL._AC_SX679_.jpg
Those look like Asian lunch boxes
the $5 ones are not food grade. Look at what the doomsday preppers are using for 5 gal pails I have some nice 1 gal glass jars ( check smaller restaurants for used ones )not sure how much is glass now a days , or maybe garage sales or flea markets
I like the old glass lid rubber ring 2 quarts best

IMG_2286.JPG

IMG_2287.JPG

Guys use turkey bags, milk cans, gallon glass jars.

Plastic buckets are cheap, but the plastic and thc don't interact well, the plastic off-gasses toxins, and likely you'll get micro-plastics in your buds too.

I've been looking at those stainless kitchen containers for a while, most of them are pretty small though so pay attention to the dimensions.

If you can keep your dry / trim / cure process cold it will reduce cure time by quite a bit.

@Braddah Waihee Sohai are you talking bottom drawer of the refrigerator cold?

You are right about the size the "pot pot" and cv vaults ( I think that's right) largest only hold 21 fluid liters that can be very deceptive a 32 mason jar holds 32 oz of water and at the most hold 2 oz of weed. I really wanna` get my hands on those Deli/Bar Jars that hold the pickled eggs and Kosher pickles hmmm.... munchies:morenutes:

Those look like Asian lunch boxes
the $5 ones are not food grade. Look at what the doomsday preppers are using for 5 gal pails I have some nice 1 gal glass jars ( check smaller restaurants for used ones )not sure how much is glass now a days , or maybe garage sales or flea markets
I like the old glass lid rubber ring 2 quarts best

IMG_2286.JPG

IMG_2287.JPG
That is pretty awesome much better than losing the Hygrometer in your jar and knocking off all the trichomes and goodies everytime you shake them. what did you use to attach it?
Thx:thumb:

That is pretty awesome much better than losing the Hygrometer in your jar and knocking off all the trichomes and goodies everytime you shake them. what did you use to attach it?
Thx:thumb:
2 sided adhesive tape, used to hold moldings & emblems on autos . Could probably use contact adhesive, rubber adhesive or silicon caulk. tape was the cleanest & fastest
Yeah store in the fridge, I have 4 year old weed that still has moisture in it

I just did a small 6 oz harvest and I am using the 32 oz mason jars (get the 64 trust me) and fore the first time I am burping and watching a hydrgrow meter this is fine for now but what do I do when I have a pound to cure thats a lot of 32 oz mason jars so
The 64 fluid oz jars are nice, a bit expensive, but they do hold a lot. Holding a lot is not necessarily a good thing. Imagine what happens if the harvest fills two 64 oz jars and one jar gets a rot or mold in it. You are out the contents of the jar. If the harvest was spread out over four 32 oz jars and one of them gets the rot then you are out just what is in the jar. Been there and have gone through it. I now use 32s and when the jar is 1/2 empty I get out a pint jar.

It is like "how many jars do I have to open at a time just to roll up a couple of joints?". Below is one harvest using several 32 oz jars and then a couple of smaller ones since I would have had to look for more quarts. The only one I have to open is the small 4 ounce jar which I also call my 'traveler'. Or go fancy and get some of the new colored glass jars.

full

I got the same jar for my personal also I like your collection , I was wondering about the brown tinted jar to keep light out then I saw the price and said ill turn the lights out. I never thought about the mold issue. I have never had a mold problem because My harvest have been on the dry side. I'm learning and I dont want to learn about mold the hard way so thx for the tip and the other advice :thumb:

Interesting note on the Grove bags. How long did it take for that aftertaste to go away? How long did it keep the bid fresh?

I bought some to use for this harvest....next week they go in the bags so I'm glad I found this :)

@Braddah Waihee Sohai are you talking bottom drawer of the refrigerator cold?

You are right about the size the "pot pot" and cv vaults ( I think that's right) largest only hold 21 fluid liters that can be very deceptive a 32 mason jar holds 32 oz of water and at the most hold 2 oz of weed. I really wanna` get my hands on those Deli/Bar Jars that hold the pickled eggs and Kosher pickles hmmm.... munchies:morenutes:
Im off the grid so I keep mine in a cooler and swap out an ice pack every other day or so. It stays between 60-70, but yeah, colder is better.

Once its all cured you can store it in the freezer for long term terp retention, but only if it wont get jostled around too much. Its good to break it up into individual ounces, then vacuum seal them before freezing. That way you can pull out a little at a time without breaking off all the brittle frozen trichome heads.

Yes, personally I’d go out of my way to avoid using plastic for storage. Mason makes a nice 1 gallon, the lid is kinda cheap but has airtight gasket. This pic sucks and what you can’t see is the jar has 2 flat spots (stored upright or on its edge) when stored on its edge it looks like an old time candy display jar

3 pack at Costco was 20 clams in the year of Rona….. defs suggest keeping the cardboard box for dark proofing all 3 jars at once

I never thought about the mold issue. I have never had a mold problem because My harvest have been on the dry side.
It was only one jar and the rest of the harvest stashed at the same time were OK as were the others stored in the same room. I figure it was just one of those things. Would just hate to see someone loose a good chunk of a harvest if it was all in the one basket as the saying goes.

I like your collection , I was wondering about the brown tinted jar to keep light out then I saw the price and said ill turn the lights out.
Some woman who was now living by herself took most of her canning jars to a local produce stand and told the owner to give them away. I came in and bought some fresh corn and he gave me a box full, mostly the colored glass.

I think you are talking about the UV protection jars which have a sort of brownish purple color. Same reaction when I saw the price. I am positive I saw a darker color, like a brown, a couple of years ago. They were on the market shelf and the package did not say UV protecting and the price was less.

Beer cases, the ones that contain 24 long necks, are pretty much the same height as the average quart jar. Put the jars in, fold the top over and then start filling the next one. Safe to stack 2 boxes high; could go three if really sure that no one will bump into them.

I got the same jar for my personal also
Really handy size, isn't it.;) They are not as easy to find in the stores as they used to be; even harder to find this time of year when the grapes and other fruits are getting ripe enough for jelly or jam.

ball jars. darkness. fridge.

boveda packs.

i have a bunch of small infinity jars for daily smoking stash. if i can stop buying seeds, i want to get 12 of the large ones. amber is pretty but infinity jars are blackout dark, and expensive.

1660841099761.png

• AIRTIGHT SCENT PROOF ULTRAVIOLET GLASS JAR with BPA FREE PLASTIC LID

Beer cases, the ones that contain 24 long necks, are pretty much the same height as the average quart jar. Put the jars in, fold the top over and then start filling the next one. Safe to stack 2 boxes high; could go three if really sure that no one will bump into them.
I was sitting back, relaxing and watching the smoke drift through the air, and thought about looking in one of the boxes. Noticed that the quart jars don't fit perfectly. They come close but I had to put a paperback book on top of the jar, or under it, to get it flush with the box top.

Another thing is that no one thinks that I have several weed jars stashed in the boxes so a bit more stealth, out of sight & out of mind sort of thing.

Interesting note on the Grove bags. How long did it take for that aftertaste to go away? How long did it keep the bid fresh?

I bought some to use for this harvest....next week they go in the bags so I'm glad I found this :)
it isnt strong and a few days in the jar and it is fine My next harvest should be huge for me so I plan on doing some in jars and some in bag just to see the diff. I haven't been able to get the results from the grove bags But I really think it is me rather than the bags. I was told to let cure for 2 weeks when they actually recommend 6 week minimum in the bags and sealed. when your outta weed patience goes out the door lol * they are suppose to be awesome for storage I read where people had some weed stored for over a year with the results being even better pot

it isnt strong and a few days in the jar and it is fine My next harvest should be huge for me so I plan on doing some in jars and some in bag just to see the diff. I haven't been able to get the results from the grove bags But I really think it is me rather than the bags. I was told to let cure for 2 weeks when they actually recommend 6 week minimum in the bags and sealed. when your outta weed patience goes out the door lol * they are suppose to be awesome for storage I read where people had some weed stored for over a year with the results being even better pot
Did you use the moisture meter as they recommend? They say to test a stem, but I've seen several on here say to take the moisture reading of the buds.

only thing is the rubber inside the cap,ect -- I get new top lids every grow - with a c-vault vs masson jar -- I found that the mason jar was a better seal - same lenght of time the c-vaulted tsuff was dry and crunchy as were the mason jars the product was dry BUT spongy - way better (when rubber startis to de-grade you loose your seal --FYI Consider Amber colored mason jars this helps with terpene/trichome/thc degareration. amber jar are abit more expensive also

ball jars. darkness. fridge.

boveda packs.

i have a bunch of small infinity jars for daily smoking stash. if i can stop buying seeds, i want to get 12 of the large ones. amber is pretty but infinity jars are blackout dark, and expensive.

1660841099761.png

• AIRTIGHT SCENT PROOF ULTRAVIOLET GLASS JAR with BPA FREE PLASTIC LID
were to purchase ? answered my own question "infinity jars" AND very good luck in that"stop buying seeds" thing just ordered some Panama Red also Malwai x Panama red from Ace findly found a "bank" that has Ace seeds most places are sold out (Attitude Seed, ect) FYI Seed Addiction - need treatment like me (In seed addiction one learns how to clone no more seeds !!!!!) maybe go back to using brown paper bags ?????? for curring !!!!!!!!!!! As for boveda pack tried them will not use then again. The company has come out with new packs they are terpene packs -- a pack for each specific terepne one can add to your cure to enhance that terpene - the company has admitted the their packs DO affect end product in a negative way -- hence their new packs !!! may be for a long term storage 6mos +

were to purchase ? answered my own question "infinity jars" AND very good luck in that"stop buying seeds" thing just ordered some Panama Red also Malwai x Panama red from Ace findly found a "bank" that has Ace seeds most places are sold out (Attitude Seed, ect) FYI Seed Addiction - need treatment like me (In seed addiction one learns how to clone no more seeds !!!!!) maybe go back to using brown paper bags ?????? for curring !!!!!!!!!!! As for boveda pack tried them will not use then again. The company has come out with new packs they are terpene packs -- a pack for each specific terepne one can add to your cure to enhance that terpene - the company has admitted the their packs DO affect end product in a negative way -- hence their new packs !!! may be for a long term storage 6mos +
ACE seeds have some remarkable genetics. Most that I want take way too long to grow though. i will grab some thai genetics as soon as i get enough stash from my Auto grows to comfortably set some space aside for a couple at least.

i did not know that about boveda packs. i've used them since i found them. i don't like 62% though, it's too wet. i like the 58 %. the terpene packs sound interesting. it's kind of cheating as curing is science, skill and some luck. alas, it's a hit and miss thing for many of us.

i bred most genetics that i bought over the decades. thousands of seeds...accidently threw them all away one stoned out cleaning day. can't clone autos. well, you can but it doesn't make much sense. :)

Hey guys I just wanted to say thanks.......for getting me in trouble. after reading your post ya got me thinking and below is the result. I got in trouble from the ole ball and chain she couldn't under stand why I bought more jars when I just got 3 dozen mason jars when I explained they were only 32 ounces she didn't understand she just got madder then when I said you smoke it and cant even help burp it. I got "THE LOOK" at that point I shut up and hastily left the room. she hasn't talked to me since so yeah peace and quiet (No she doesn't read this forum) seriously though you guys gave me some great Ideas and I got these for my next harvest and with a little luck Ill have some nice sticky stinky bud afrter the cure

Thx everyone
20220823_211235.jpg

Back
Top Bottom