Curing problem

Do a YouTube search for dry and curing in a cardboard box. Bilbo is the gents name. I tried it on the first plant I harvested...Rigged up the string and hung the branches and left the box closed in the grow tent. 5 days In the box then into a jar with a 62% gel pack. The most fragrant and best tasting ever. Very very easy.

The second plant I just dried hanging in the tent with the fan running and then into a jar. A lot less terpine action. No where near as pronounced smell or flavor.

Just a warning don't use butchers string or any other kind of string with "hairs." They stick to the branches and bud and are a pain to get off.

Buy boveda packets 62℅ to control humidity of flowers... Lots of factors control perfume of flowers... Genetics for particular smells... Fresh air and movement whilst growing.. negative effect when over fertalized or under feed... The Medium can have effect, especially if not flushed correctly when finishing plants.
You getting different perfumes with different strains or the same smell no matter what's grown? You'll work it out mate...

Do a YouTube search for dry and curing in a cardboard box. Bilbo is the gents name. I tried it on the first plant I harvested...Rigged up the string and hung the branches and left the box closed in the grow tent. 5 days In the box then into a jar with a 62% gel pack. The most fragrant and best tasting ever. Very very easy.

The second plant I just dried hanging in the tent with the fan running and then into a jar. A lot less terpine action. No where near as pronounced smell or flavor.

Just a warning don't use butchers string or any other kind of string with "hairs." They stick to the branches and bud and are a pain to get off.

What was your RH% in the jar when you put the cigar pack in there. Usually for me, if I chop, it takes 7 days to dry to 75% RH. I dry at 65F/18C, 60% RH, then it goes in the jar, but after that, it takes me every bit of two weeks to hit that 60% RH mark that I store at. Here is the object after chopping, weed will smell like fresh sugar grass, the chlorophyll takes time to break-down. So you first try to make your "cure" last at least 7 days because you want to hit "senescence" as slow as possible! Then after you hit that mark, "senescence", place your bud in jars, then it should take you another two weeks to get to that 58% - 62% RH target range. You do that by opening each jar for 1 hour a day at 65F/18C, 50% RH for the next two weeks. You do that slowly, for the next two weeks, because you want to recharge your jars daily, which allows for you to supercharge the chlorophyll decaying process using a very nifty trick that nature does all on it own, it called "oxygenase". Anyhow... after that store them for later enjoyment! Final Thought... If you want your buds to smell the way they should you have to do things slowly because you want most all that chlorophyll decayed before you seal them jars!

Buy boveda packets 62℅ to control humidity of flowers... Lots of factors control perfume of flowers... Genetics for particular smells... Fresh air and movement whilst growing.. negative effect when over fertalized or under feed... The Medium can have effect, especially if not flushed correctly when finishing plants.
You getting different perfumes with different strains or the same smell no matter what's grown? You'll work it out mate...
same smell

What was your RH% in the jar when you put the cigar pack in there. Usually for me, if I chop, it takes 7 days to dry to 75% RH. I dry at 65F/18C, 60% RH, then it goes in the jar, but after that, it takes me every bit of two weeks to hit that 60% RH mark that I store at. Here is the object after chopping, weed will smell like fresh sugar grass, the chlorophyll takes time to break-down. So you first try to make your "cure" last at least 7 days because you want to hit "senescence" as slow as possible! Then after you hit that mark, "senescence", place your bud in jars, then it should take you another two weeks to get to that 58% - 62% RH target range. You do that by opening each jar for 1 hour a day at 65F/18C, 50% RH for the next two weeks. You do that slowly, for the next two weeks, because you want to recharge your jars daily, which allows for you to supercharge the chlorophyll decaying process using a very nifty trick that nature does all on it own, it called "oxygenase". Anyhow... after that store them for later enjoyment! Final Thought... If you want your buds to smell the way they should you have to do things slowly because you want most all that chlorophyll decayed before you seal them jars!
havent used packs,will though. my last grow from july is getting better but still not right, ive a new one to worry about. dont know RH at the time or now.

not fully dry,but thats good as i want it slow,im to blame as i am shit at curing,but will fix it. i never had those problems with regular seeds. why?

That to me sounds more like Genetics and nothing to do with your drying/curing process. I've smoked the "oops" cuts (I wet trim but don't do a tight trim) a day or two after I chopped the plant and never had the "hay/grassy" taste/smell, and those weren't even totally dry yet and had absolutely zero cure yet.

That to me sounds more like Genetics and nothing to do with your drying/curing process. I've smoked the "oops" cuts (I wet trim but don't do a tight trim) a day or two after I chopped the plant and never had the "hay/grassy" taste/smell, and those weren't even totally dry yet and had absolutely zero cure yet.
yes,strangely enough, i cut one small bud off before harest and it cured on its own in 3 days,meaning it had that lovely smell and taste. and now i cant do it!!! greenhouse is where they came from

Back
Top Bottom