D.K.'s Kush & Cookie Space Odyssey

Not muddy, just a little brown. So from what you've added to the convo we may have a remedy for my only downfall of autos; once they're done they're done.
Since I grow them in my veg tent I could pollinate and breed them right there. My thing is I have limited real estate and really nowhere in our apt to isolate a plant but am interested in breeding. Not so much to create new strains but because beans are so expensive. Thanxx for the input Triggle, I think we just discovered my next experiment.

Not muddy, just a little brown. So from what you've added to the convo we may have a remedy for my only downfall of autos; once they're done they're done.
Since I grow them in my veg tent I could pollinate and breed them right there. My thing is I have limited real estate and really nowhere in our apt to isolate a plant but am interested in breeding. Not so much to create new strains but because beans are so expensive. Thanxx for the input Triggle, I think we just discovered my next experiment.

Breeding the autos...sounds like fun! I'm sure there are some threads out there. Keep in mind that the addition of C. ruderalis (hemp) to standard strains triggers the autoflower characteristic. If you're going to breed one and decide to use a male that is not C. ruderalis then you will likely breed out the autoflower trait, at least over time. You could breed another ruderalis male to it but you would potentially lose (even more) potency.--it is widely accepted that autos have diminished cannabinoids due to the ruderalis genes---(my autos get me plenty faded though so who knows).

I have put a ton of thought into the true niche for autoflowers and I really think that "when they're done, they're done" is a good way to put it. The way I see it, Autos are perfect for the following:

1. Beginners- No sexing, no training, no pruning, require little patience due to short seed to harvest times

2. Sea of Green- requires a lot of (expensive?) seeds but you fill a room full of autos and crank the HPS up on 18/6 for 65 days straight and you'll have a load of ganja.

3. Smaller perpetual setups that lack a cloning program- poppin freshies every month! = VARIETY

4. Filler- waiting on some new clones or a seed pack of photos? Might as well run a 60 day bumper of auto-goodness

They're fun as all hell but you know that. I must recommend the Trans-Siberian from out sponsor Auto-Seeds....damn fine smoke!

OK I'm done poaching DK's thread haha Happy Growing to all!

TrigNasty

Poach all you want Bubba. I love the info. I added a laundry room on to my house and never hooked up my central a/c &heat to that room so its completely sealed from my house and about 30 feet from my ladies. This is where I let the males shed pollen and where I paint the pistils. After painting I leave them there for 24 hours then spay them with water and put um back with the rest I haven't had any stray seeds yet and have been able to isolate all seed to the branch I pick.
Happy daze.

Poach all you want Bubba. I love the info. I added a laundry room on to my house and never hooked up my central a/c &heat to that room so its completely sealed from my house and about 30 feet from my ladies. This is where I let the males shed pollen and where I paint the pistils. After painting I leave them there for 24 hours then spay them with water and put um back with the rest I haven't had any stray seeds yet and have been able to isolate all seed to the branch I pick.
Happy daze.

I always forget about the water trick. Breeding still scares me haha

Trig, I already have an experiment going with an Auto clone in NCG 3.5 For me autos are more for filling empty slots in either of my 3 tents; they can bounce back and forth from one to the other with no ill effects. Also we train them on a regular basis. I grow in very tight quarters.
Happy daze.
That's what I needed to hear. Thanxx Dusty.

I always forget about the water trick. Breeding still scares me haha
With your credentials I would think not. Hows is it this day Bubba.
Trig, I already have an experiment going with an Auto clone in NCG 3.5 For me autos are more for filling empty slots in either of my 3 tents; they can bounce back and forth from one to the other with no ill effects. Also we train them on a regular basis. I grow in very tight quarters.That's what I needed to hear. Thanxx Dusty.
Not a problem happy growing bar.
When will we see Dusty Kiefer's Brand fire strains on the shelf??
Give me a minute it will happen. :)
Happy daze brother.

Lil update. I found some nanners on the Northern lights. I pulled her our and put her in my breading room. I started the flush hoping to just pull nanners off while she flushed for a week or two. I think a light leak has caused this or atleast I found the leak and its fixed now and damn she was starting to look nice.
2015-07-28_19_33_21.jpg
2015-07-28_19_34_34.jpg
2015-07-28_19_34_57.jpg
2015-07-28_19_34_13.jpg
2015-07-28_19_35_11.jpg

and the rest of the veg plants.
Holy Grail was move back under a cfl cause she no like the led to much.
HGK
2015-07-28_19_26_18.jpg

Animal cookies.
2015-07-28_19_26_57.jpg
2015-07-28_19_27_07.jpg

that little thing is nebula probly gonna be the dankest of them all.
that the way she goes.
happy growing.
oh yeah quick shout out to bong outlet CA loving the new piece.
2015-07-28_19_33_04.jpg

Update on the rest of the girls in flower.
Here's the lush tent and a big shout out to them their lights are so badass I can't wait till I'm all outfitted with lush lights.
2015-07-31_07_05_23.jpg
2015-07-31_07_04_19.jpg

wonder woman.
2015-07-31_07_44_39.jpg
2015-07-31_07_44_24.jpg

blueberry.
2015-07-31_07_45_46.jpg
2015-07-31_07_46_25.jpg

and jafghan.
2015-07-31_07_43_35.jpg
l
2015-07-31_07_43_09.jpg

One of the animal cookies is looking male just kinda stretchy I may put it in flower and pot the other two up to 3 or 5 gal pots.
I need to make up my mind quick.
happy growing.

Looking great DK! What Lush gear are you running?
Hey brother I'm running one single lumenator in my three by three tent it puts out like a Vegas call girl a little pricey but it does what you want. :)
Looking great in there brother, sorry to hear about the NL, like u said, she was starting to look nice as well..
Good day to you bro :thumb:

Thanks brother. I have only had to pluck nanners once more and only about four of um. I'm gonna try and flush her for two weeks that way I can still get some good smoke out of her.
Happy daze. :)

Very interesting read. Mind if I tag along? Looking good thus far!
Not at all brother. Welcome to to the digs my new friend. :)
Fun stuff all over the place Dusty! If the light is tight now, NL should continue to flower if she's not full hermi... good thinking about the flush. I'm in love with Wonder Woman for real though. She's looking badass. :love:
Wasup bro. Just trying to stay busy. :) I'm digging on the wonder woman also. Holy shit she's taking up half the 3x3 and if she keeps on this pace it will be nugs o plenty. :)

Haha can't beat that then! I peep their products every time I'm thinking of a new light but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Still diggin my Mars at the moment but "I need more power Captain!".

Hey brother I'm running one single lumenator in my three by three tent it puts out like a Vegas call girl a little pricey but it does what you want. :)

Thanks brother. I have only had to pluck nanners once more and only about four of um. I'm gonna try and flush her for two weeks that way I can still get some good smoke out of her.
Happy daze. :)

Back
Top Bottom