DankDragons First Grow

pics will be up soon enough(2-3 days) keep in mind that this a tight budget grow, all of my stuff is re-purposed and not new stuff designed for growing... i am a great recycler lol... growing green the green way lol:rofl:

= Ghetto Grow. Welcome to the club sir. :high-five:

hi mate,
subd.

if your going to run ps fans remember you will need a 12v adaptor, something like a portable cd player adaptor or 12v radio or even some sort of charger, its a lot of work trying to rig up the power pack of a pc to run them as you cant just connect the fans to the live and negative and switch it on, a pc power pack has to have a connection from a circuit board, you can bypass this with wireing but you would need to check which power pack you have to know which wires you need to connect to produce a continuos circuit, just plugging it in and switching it on wont make it put power to the fans,

so a 12v or even 10v power source is needed, i just used an old house phone plug that was 12v, that powers both my 12v fans but as the plant gets bigger you will need either more fans or a bigger fan,

im also a soil grower, garden soil is not much good unless you live in a forest where the ground is more than just dirt, most garden soil is pretty dead as it has nothing composted in it, all you need is a cheap bag of compost, i pay £2 per bag for mine and 1 bag will easily fill 2 big pots, normal soil from the garden contains very little to help the plant unless it has had lots of dead matter going into it, try getting a handfull of it and get it wet then squash it into a ball, if it stays in a ball then it going to cause many problems for the roots, you should be able to squash it then when you open your hands it should fall apart a bit due to all the material in it as compost contains everything like peat moss and others that the plants will need to grow,

i get my compost from my local wall mart, well its called asda where im am but says its part of the wall mart group so im guessing its the same super store or hyper store as their is in the US, you want something thats ok for vegetables, tomatoe compost is pretty good, you want something that hasnt got anything added to it, you dont want any slow release nutes such as miracle grow soil, anything like john innes or something that says contains john innes will be perfect,

your garden soil just wont drain very well, the roots wont get much oxygen as it will just clog up as and when you water, so see what compost you can get, compost will easily support the plant for 2 weeks in a small pot then when you transplant to a bigger pot you can easily go another 2 to 3 weeks without adding nutrients as compost will contain all you need for easily the first month, the garden soil wont have much in it so wont support the plant.

you will need to get some nutrients as you get further in the grow but i dont know what nutrients you can get where you are so hopefully someone can fill you in on nutrients.

you also say your going to go 12-12 from seed, this is possible and growers use this when they do many plants like a lot of 2ltr hempies a the low yield dont matter then due to the high numbers of plants you are growing, 12-12 from seed will get you anything from 1/4oz and upto and possibly just over an oz if conditions are perfect,

if you just gave the plant 2 or 3 weeks of 18-6 or 20-4 then you would increase yield and it would make a difference to the end results, going 12-12 from seed does not mean the plant will start flowering strait away, the plant needs to mature before it can show sex and before it starts flowering, so even under 12-12 from seed you will have at least 4 weeks of growth before the plant even shows you what sex it is, so i think a better option would be to do 4 weeks under veg schedule then flip 12-12, this will give you a lot more growth and the plant would still start flowering around the same time give or take a week to 10 days,

but it your grow and do what you thinks best, it also depends on space and lighting, but 12-12 from seed the plant wont actually start flowering until after week 4 depending on strain and could even be as much as 6 weeks before it starts flowering again depending on strain, so i think using this time under a veg schedule will improve yield without actually extending the grow time by to much,

or go something like 2 weeks under 20-4 then flip to 12-12, the extra 2 weeks in veg will again add more to the end results without adding more time to the grow, but be prepared to got a small amount if you do go 12-12 from seed, ive only seen a couple of growers hit an oz 12-12 from seed, ive seen anything from 1/4oz upwards from that schedule, so id be inclined to give some veg time even if its just a couple of weeks, the end results will be worth the veg time,

where i live the 99p stores and £1 stores also sell compost, ive used this compost before with no problems, then i decided to spend £20 on a bag of compost and really wished i had stayed with the cheap compost, the expensive stuff fried all my seedlings and i thought it was doing something wrong, then i transplanted a bigger plant into the new compost and it turned all the leaves to claws and they started to die, so this expensive compost was way to much for these plants, so all i use now is the cheap compost, im happy with the results and it suits the plants very well.

thank you all. Don, thank you for the great info..all i had was a simple do it and get this sort of thing, i will be getting schwag and growing this out slow style lol.

i have the wiring down for the fans. something im good at lol.... using old cellphone chargers and power packs from the PC's

may have a couple PC boxes later on too

switching focus. just got budget in, big box is not affordable this month... with 300 computers coming in in the next 2 days, i will be building a network PC grow box (stealth) any and all ideas/suggestions/pointers as far as the build goes would be much appreciated, by recycling a PC case, i will be able to increase my budget for nutes and growing tools. please help/send plans thank you

get all the gold out of those electronics in the pc and you got some money lol:thumb:
on another note I did a sativa strictly under 12/12 and got over 2oz on the plant
coulda got more if I hadn't chopped it early at 11 weeks the sucker didn't wanna finish and was about 4ft tall
I would say genetics will play a part in how big if your strictly under 12/12
pot size may make a difference too if the roots don't have room to grow it will be small
mine was in hydro tho so I don't know how it would affect soil
but where I live theres an average of 12-14 hrs of light depending on time of year and plants still can get pretty big here grown straight outdoors

that or i can sell the parts that work lol.... either way.. im scavenging all of the fans, power supplies, and cases... drives,disks, pcim cards and motherboards will be gold scavenged or sold as parts.. memory sticks will be EBay'd and hopefully fund my grows some more

i will veg in the PC box im going to make, that will give me 4 weeks before i can finish my big box. given that i think these are sativa dominants i will have to keep an eye on the size. i may do solo cups to contain roots and control size... then transplant to a bigger pot when i get the ladies into the cabinet and out of the PC case

FIRST GROW OFFICIALLY UNDERWAY

using unknown bagseed
using soil from outside garden for germination
potted in equivalent of "solo cups"
using basic nutes after germ
using "speaker box" for germination
building PC case for veg
Building "dresser" cabinet for veg and flower
watering every 2-3 days as needed
humidity is minimal at the moment
temp is approximately 75-83 degrees
ghetto dual pc fan for circ in germ box
still building other cabinets

pix to come after seedlings break soil

thank you all for your help in getting me prepared for this grow

Spimp
Ricorico (yoda)
CC
AfricanGrower
fish cake
ChronicHemphog
SativaHaze
donpaul.p

and anyone else who has helped along the way. your info is greatly appreciated and i am happy to be learning with the help of such knowledgeable growers. thank you all and i look forward to working with you during this and future grows both mine and yours

Well done, getting started :)

Any pics?

You could remove side panels and duct-tape some PCs together to make a bigger pc-box :)

How is your garden soil?

Don't use any nutes until the seedlings are bigger.

With you the Force will be. Always :xmas:

Back
Top Bottom