Dank's Adventures In Dankland

Here's my seedlings. Strawberry daiquri
IMG_20200208_105855365.jpg
crazy train
IMG_20200208_105849265.jpg
I had to manually remove the shell on the SD. It's a little rough looking. Hopefully it will green up. When I took off the shell it left on a inner clear shell which I also had to manually remove. Like the shell came off in layers. Outside layer and inside. First time I've seen that. Hopefully everyone is having a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by

Over at Woody house we were talking about my crap luck with fems vrs regs and I realized that I've actually been lucky with DNA genetics fems so far. My 24k & Whitewalker kush both were fems from DNA. Few other breeders I had issues with herms. Makes me again wonder about the different processes in which used to make the fem seed. Or is it DNA somehow stabilize the strains thru extra breeding. I'm guessing that they just start with really stable plants to begin with. And others do not. I'm on my 5th run with 24k and some of those had accidentally been stressed. Like temp/rh swings, dryed out till wilted , ect. Typical accidental stresses. But never popped male sacks. WWK is on its 3rd round same thing while other fems sitting next to it kick out nanners galore. Ok I'm rambling. My morning coffee is too strong. Time for a pull off the bong :laughtwo:

I am sure how the female is reversed has something to do with it, but mostly it comes down to how stable the parent stock is before hand. I grew out Reserva Privada's (an offshoot of DNA) Purple Trainwreck and it was the worst hermie i have ever experienced. Like full on balls on the lower third of the plant. I did not even make it past week 4 or 5 before I had to chop it. Trainwreck is notorious for being hermie prone though. A lot of breeders stopped working with the main trainwreck cut for that very reason.

I will also say that I have had quite a few regular seed females turn herm as well. I grew out Majin Vegeta from Ghost Genetics and it was a banana fest. I tend to have a lot of girls pop bananas unfortunately. I am not sure if it is because of the cheap tent or what. I do not tend to let my girls get overly dry or wet in flower and I do not go overly heavy with feeding them. I have had some light stress from plants that get too tall but there has to be something consistent causing the issue. I have found a few girls that would not throw bananas at all and I kept them for as long as I could. My 9 Pound Hammer was solid as a rock and so was my Pineapple Fields. I ended up with a lot of both on hand though and needed to work new strains into the mix so they got let go.

@TheGreenYeti maybe it's just a crap shoot on which pheno you get, with stability. When I get some space for new seedlings I'm going to test my theory with DNA. I have a few packs of their fems I have not ran yet. I'll crack one of each strain to test stability. Strains will include rocklock, OG #18, and chockolope. If all grow without issues like my 24 & WWK I'll be sold on their fems. Stay tuned I might get bored and crack them soon. Still waiting for my dude to pop his nuts. Lol

@TheGreenYeti maybe it's just a crap shoot on which pheno you get, with stability. When I get some space for new seedlings I'm going to test my theory with DNA. I have a few packs of their fems I have not ran yet. I'll crack one of each strain to test stability. Strains will include rocklock, OG #18, and chockolope. If all grow without issues like my 24 & WWK I'll be sold on their fems. Stay tuned I might get bored and crack them soon. Still waiting for my dude to pop his nuts. Lol
I am sure pheno plays a role as well. Like I was saying I do not think it is DNA's fault so much as the Trainwreck that caused the issues. I cannot wait to see what the Roclock does for you. As mentioned before I have looked at it so many times and have never pulled the trigger. I have not seen it grown out though so I have no idea what to expect from it.

In all fairness to my grape pupil, I did split the main stalk the very day I flipped it. I was trying to tie over the two main branches and it split down the center. But all the lowers were full of tiny, I mean smallest nanners I've ever seen. And halfway mature seeds. I'll try another one of those another time and baby it. That one was a real heartbreaker. Lol

you guys have been talking about nanners and stressing them and such a lot of growers aren't putting there stock through the stress situations to promote nanners so they can pick the phenos that don't hermie @Lerugged is a grower here that did that to his plants to weed out the crap I have to say ive had pretty good luck with fems not many herms!

My grape pupil is the only one I'd say hermed possibly from stress. The pupil magoo was pampered as was my 818 headband from Cali connection & others. I can't say I've never had nanners on regs. Just it's usually at end of life. Which is acceptable I think. But looking at the seeds in my GP im guessing it got pollinated around week 4 - 5 . Probably not from the split stem 4 weeks prior. Nanners are just part of the game I guess in pheno hunting. Hopefully my old eyes will catch them sneaky little suckers earlier next time :D

In all fairness to my grape pupil, I did split the main stalk the very day I flipped it. I was trying to tie over the two main branches and it split down the center. But all the lowers were full of tiny, I mean smallest nanners I've ever seen. And halfway mature seeds. I'll try another one of those another time and baby it. That one was a real heartbreaker. Lol

Yeah hopefully you can run them again and find a better, more stable pheno. Though splitting the main stalk at time of flip probably did not help it lol. Oh well bud, you have some other nice keepers to work with.

My grape pupil is the only one I'd say hermed possibly from stress. The pupil magoo was pampered as was my 818 headband from Cali connection & others. I can't say I've never had nanners on regs. Just it's usually at end of life. Which is acceptable I think. But looking at the seeds in my GP im guessing it got pollinated around week 4 - 5 . Probably not from the split stem 4 weeks prior. Nanners are just part of the game I guess in pheno hunting. Hopefully my old eyes will catch them sneaky little suckers earlier next time :D
I grew a copper chem last year and it had a perfect life and it nannered up bad which was why I was skeptical to grow another one this year but that one was no problem im glad I did its nice smoke!

Hows that Chernobyl doing brother? Can you send me a couple of grams from her:blunt: I pay $100 dollars for a 10lk..lmao..I love that strain. And you my friend have a gem from that pheno. Mad props brother Dank!
:passitleft:
That's some fire shit
Thanks brother! I'll be unloading a gram here in a few :D Gotta get stuff done before I get too tore down :laughtwo: Puffed on some rugburn og earlier and got lost in a book

I grew a copper chem last year and it had a perfect life and it nannered up bad which was why I was skeptical to grow another one this year but that one was no problem im glad I did its nice smoke!
Gotta stay open minded I guess :) I just up potted the lemon snow cones and tangerines cookies from #1's to 2's - 3's What I had in hand. I need to get some more #3 pots. Anyway I wanted to ask you how smelly were your TC mine are skunky smelling in veg. I'm guessing they will be really loud smelling in flower

Gotta stay open minded I guess :) I just up potted the lemon snow cones and tangerines cookies from #1's to 2's - 3's What I had in hand. I need to get some more #3 pots. Anyway I wanted to ask you how smelly were your TC mine are skunky smelling in veg. I'm guessing they will be really loud smelling in flower
lol oh ya they were stinkpots it sounds like you got some good ones dank cant wait to see the flowers!

Back
Top Bottom