Dank's Quest For Dankness

So I'm thinking about going all hydro and trying to come up with a plan to run 2 tents with 1 chiller. Im on cold cement so I think it would be ok temp wise in colder months without one in the other tent, but probably would need to be chilled in warmer seasons.

I see how nice it works keeping water at 69 degrees. Maybe I will breakdown and drop the cash for a second chiller. But it would be nice to just run 1 for both tents.

Any thoughts

So I'm thinking about going all hydro and trying to come up with a plan to run 2 tents with 1 chiller. Im on cold cement so I think it would be ok temp wise in colder months without one in the other tent, but probably would need to be chilled in warmer seasons.

I see how nice it works keeping water at 69 degrees. Maybe I will breakdown and drop the cash for a second chiller. But it would be nice to just run 1 for both tents.

Any thoughts
I've been pondering the same, chillers are expensive. But I see no way around it.

To help keep temps in control, you can use an XL cooler as a reservoir (which I want to do long term).

Get a large cylindrical container, trash can or 55 gal drum, or something like that and inside of it, wrap coils of Pex or Poly tube even and plumb both ends of the coil to the outside of the drum and seal it well. You can add as many coil sets as will fit in the drum and of course the center will be a void to fill with water and the only chiller will keep cold. This way, you can chill several different plumbing circuits in the same barrel/can.

Edit - also consider garden hose, that would also work. Uniseals are ok with PVC mounted to rounded surfaces. Bulkhead fittings can be screwed together to flatten the rounded surface of the drum/can, but the bulkhead fittings aren't cheap.

Thanks @Skybound ill have to give that some thought :D

Ill have something going by end of the year when I run out of super soil. Im definitely switching to all hydro when soil is gone

what line of nutes you running? :dude-knocking::cheesygrinsmiley:

Day 29 on 12/12 :D

Had issues with the ph this past water change. It was running slightly low and I kept adding ph up, but it just seemed to be dropping back to 5.2 like its just where it wanted to be. Finally I realized that I bought the bottle of ph up 8 years ago when I first started :rofl:
Got a fresh bottle and no problem holding 5.9 solidly.....oh boy what a stone moment :lot-o-toke:

Hopefully everyone is having a great day

Early in week 6 of bloom. The tips on couple colas are bleached a little bit. I let them get too big before the flip. The net is mostly packed.
So I have a question about ph for you hydro guys. Since I went to bloom every time I do a water swap the ph keeps dropping for a day or two. I thought it was from old ph up, but im still have issues. Plants don't seem to mind.

Any thoughts on the ph dropping

Early in week 6 of bloom. The tips on couple colas are bleached a little bit
Hey Dankman! Looking sweet!!

I'd snip the tips for some backbuilding. The tips that have been bleached have zero thc. Backbuilding gets rid of it, and gives you a chance at recouping some loss. Do a quick search on here first, or I can look up some info if you want.
So I have a question about ph for you hydro guys. Since I went to bloom every time I do a water swap the ph keeps dropping for a day or two. I thought it was from old ph up, but im still have issues. Plants don't seem to mind.
How long since last res swap? How much of a drop (your answer might nullify what I wrote below).
Is it accompanied by a large drop in reservoir level?
If res solution is over 7 days old, replace it. If under, don't sweat it, just keep on top and watch for any deficiencies. The plant is probably just taking in different nutes, at different ph levels and possibly at a large level. I've experienced it, and seen it. Just double check your res temps (is it hitting cold temps when your not there?). Keep resetting your ph for 5.8 or 6.0 if it keeps dropping, IMO. Unless some better advice comes along that should keep you going good.

Thanks @Rexer for the reply. Ph issues only happen after water swap. So I changed water Saturday and im just getting ph dialed in today. Ill add ph up few times a day for the first couple days after water change. Then it holds steady for a week till next water change.
Now today after adding ph up few times a day since Saturday, it'll be stable till this weekend when I do next water swap. Its not too big of a deal, im mainly curious about having to add so much ph up. I keep reading that " up " is not used often if ever. But its all I use and lots of it.
Also thanks for the back building. Ill definitely look into it

Back
Top Bottom