BobbyZ Adventures From Ordinary To Extraordinary

I’m lazy and haven’t ever tried to calculate my dosage. I go by how it makes me feel... 1 more gummie or maybe 1 less. And I have lots of odds and ends to throw at the oil, so who really knows what’s really in there.
I use an instapot for infusion. It’s a high pressure cooker.
16oz cold pressed coconut oil.
1-2oz bud (pump it up with 3 or four spent pucks or whatever excess you may have, toss it in.)
2 big tablespoons of sunflower litchin
Combine in a mason jar and cover with foil.
3X runs total.
First run, then let rest to room temp.
Second run, let it rest over night.
Third run, then rest and strain.
Settings - High Pressure for 2 hours per run.
Double boiler method inside. (Water level covers the bottom half of jar)
Cheese cloth strain and squeeze the doggie doo out of it, to get that most potent oil out. ( I guess equal return in rosin can be used to determine your calculations on how much rosin for infusion). Jesus I’m high...:oops:
Store the excess in mason jar the in freezer. Fill sink with hot water and put the jar in to thaw in an hourish. Pour out your we’ll shaken oil and return the rest back to freezer for further storage.
And YES it taste like coconuts... what’s wrong with you people.:p
It’s not religion, feel free to tweek it.

Flower day 28
8FFC1892-2200-4A13-ADC3-46F705FEE9AC.jpeg
830AA686-D802-4D60-B522-1803324331BB.jpeg
BC3D1C43-9771-4062-8E9A-964D4B74C223.jpeg

I may have to learn to like coconut...:)
Although, just keeping them in the freezer keeps the grapeseed oil from seeping/oozing out.
If I leave one out overnight, it's a little greasy by morning,but nowhere near as bad as the ones I've made before, and stored at room temp or in the fridge...thanks again for the freezer idea!

They’ve actually developed a little skin when left out to dry. I still get oil spots from the grape seed oil, but not with the cold pressed coconut oil.
85E7A26E-B6B5-4D98-9683-A198075FD785.jpeg
Makes sense, the grapeseed should be much thinner than coconut. If one of the oils was to weep, that would have been my guess.
:thumb:

All caught up on your journal Bobbyz nice journal and nice grow. Way back on the first few pages you mention the Yocan Evolve and I was curious how you are using it. In my quest to find something stealth for when I am out and about I picked up a Evolve and a Magneto. With the Evolve I used rosin straight off the press and thinned it with turps but always had a clump of wax clogging things up. So I have been doing a quick wash and thinning that oil with turps which has worked well. It vapes right down to a empty cart. I use .1g of viscosity and .1g of turps to thin the oil but am a little concerned with the cough I get when I first hit it. Just curious what you have learned with your Evolve.

All caught up on your journal Bobbyz nice journal and nice grow. Way back on the first few pages you mention the Yocan Evolve and I was curious how you are using it. In my quest to find something stealth for when I am out and about I picked up a Evolve and a Magneto. With the Evolve I used rosin straight off the press and thinned it with turps but always had a clump of wax clogging things up. So I have been doing a quick wash and thinning that oil with turps which has worked well. It vapes right down to a empty cart. I use .1g of viscosity and .1g of turps to thin the oil but am a little concerned with the cough I get when I first hit it. Just curious what you have learned with your Evolve.

Nothing good.. But I still use it for ease of access at night. My wife can smell/tell when I sneak a hit inside. I feel like I waste 1/2 of the rosin I put in it. I get about 3 cycles of rosin dabs out of it, then it’s a complete mess with rosin oozing in every crevice. Maybe I run the coils to hot. Completely disassemble it and soak in acetone. (Nail polish remover at the dollar store and repurposed old jar). Let your coils completely dry before reusing them.

It works, messy, simple, wasteful, so I feel its still a wide open market for someone smarter and more well funded to nail.

Maybe I’m using it all wrong??? I’d love to see a write up on what your doing.

:straightface::passitleft:

This is the write up @ManOgreen shared with me a couple years ago when I ask him about rosin for vape pens. This I think was for the e-cig set up but they kept failing on me, the Evolve works great on low with a pre heat as the oil is very thick when you only add .1g of terps and viscosity per gram of rosin. I have not reclaimed my Carbonx yet, I got 10g of it from Extract Labs and it really does take the green colored ethanol to a nice clear/caramel color. Here is his answer to my question about rosin...……………………(Not sure I spelled his name right.)

Yes I have and it does not work for shit! I have tried all kinds of thinners with rosin and none of them are satisfactory. There is just to much wax in rosin. I have moved to a QWET process for making vape juice. I don't like the idea of any solvent but ethanol would be the best of them as far as toxicity is concerned.

Here is that process from beginning to end:

QWET to VAPE - No PG, VG, or MCT.

Warning: 200 proof Ethanol is highly flammable and it burns with a colorless flame. It can be on fire and you will not know it. Vapors are heavier than air and can pool in an enclosed space and become explosive. Handle in a well ventilated area with no open flames or sources for ignition. The evaporation phase would be the most dangerous.

Inputs:

1L - 200 Proof Ethanol (at least 151 proof).

1 oz. or more good bud or trim.

10 g. CarbonX.

.2 g. Viscosity Terpene Thinner per gram of concentrate.

.1g. to .2 g. of strain specific flavor terpenes per gram of concentrate.

Tools:

Misc. Strainers, containers etc.

1ml and .5ml Disposable Cartridges. (I like these but I am always trying new ones).

Optional distiller (Green Machine Clone) this will pay for itself in 5 runs. Ethanol is about $50 per liter delivered here. $18 worth of cheap vodka 40% (3.5 L) distilled will yield ~1.5 liters of 185 Proof ethanol. A savings of $57 dollars per cycle. Run the vodka through the distiller twice. The first time fill the 1.75 L vodka bottle with distillate. Dump the water in the distiller refill from the first run and run again. The second time fill the 1.75L bottle with distillate to just above the top label ~1.5L.

A Buchner Filter system and #1, and #2 filter papers. I got a disposable one cheap that I was able to modify with sand paper to be an excellent reusable system – cheap.

A vacuum pump. I just use a hand pump for brake lines I already had. An electric one is not expensive.

Small 50 ML borosilicate beaker.

Precision controlled hot plate – no open flames! I use the bottom plate of my rosin press.

A Pyrex pie pan or similar.

A drying box. Just a fan running over your pan covered with panty hose (keeps dust out) will work. DO THIS OUTDOORS!

Scraper (razor blade), Silicone container.

Syringes and 14ga. Dispensing needles.

1ml droppers.

THE METHOD:

This is started with the ingredients at room temperature.

1. Break up the buds into small pieces by hand (do not grind or chop) and put in a mason jar. Trim goes into the jar whole.

2. Pour over the room temperature ethanol enough to cover the buds/trim seal and shake every minute for 5 minutes.

3. Strain through a fine screen into another Mason jar and place in the freezer overnight to winterize it.

4. Next, filter through the Buchner filter with a #1 paper; put back in the Mason jar add 10 g. of CarbonX. Swirl this around occasionally all day.

5. The next day filter out the CarbonX using the Buchner filter with #2 filter papers. I need to run this 3 or 4 times to get all of the CarbonX back. I put the filter papers with CarbonX cake in a bowl and place them outside to dry. We can regenerate the CarbonX later.

6. Put the QWET in the Pyrex pan and evaporate outdoors. When the ethanol and water (water turns white) have evaporated out almost completely scrape out the concentrate and put in the silicone container. Place the container in the freezer for a while. This makes it easier to handle.

7. After frozen just bend the silicone container to break the concentrate into pieces that are easier to weigh out. Measure out into the beaker the amount you want to dilute for the cartridges up to 5 g. max in the 50 ml beaker (this will foam up a lot while decarbing keep your eye on it to prevent overflow).

8. Decarboxylate the concentrate on the hot plate @ 252°F for 27 minutes. Remove the beaker and while still hot add .2g (+or-) of Viscosity per gram of concentrate.

9. Next add .1g to .2g per gram of original weight (or more to your taste) of strain specific terpenes. I use the syringe with the blunt needle to stir with. You want the final consistency to be like cold maple syrup when at room temperature.

10. Have a coffee cup of boiling hot water handy to keep the extract thin while working with it. Just hold the beaker bottom in the hot water and stir. Fill your cartridges and enjoy. Flavored terpenes disperse in better while sitting overnight in the cartridges.

Reclaim your CarbonX: Do this when you are distilling off the vodka for process ethanol. Set up your Buchner filter with a #2 filter. As soon as your vodka finishes the second pass in the distiller and is hot and ~185 proof fill the top of the Buchner filter with hot ethanol start the vacuum and pour in the dirty CarbonX stir well as it filters maybe pour over some more hot ethanol but leave ½ of the bottom container for the water wash. Have some distilled water boiling hot to pour over the CarbonX for a final rinse. Adding this to the top of the Buchner before all of the ethanol drains out keeps the vacuum seal going and the CarbonX will not bypass the filter edges. Wash with the hot water. Filter all of the CarbonX out. It may take several passes depending on how good you are at keeping the filter edges sealed during the process. Put the filter papers in a bowl to dry. The CarbonX is ready to use again. I lose about 1g of CarbonX in this overall process per jar of QWET. Re-distill the ethanol out of the wash and discard the remaining water.

I built a drying box with a cardboard letter storage box. I cut the lid and glued an AC filter to it. Then I put a cardboard flat on top to keep direct sunlight out with holes cut in the side to let air out. Then I attached a fan connected to a filter can I was not using to blow clean air past the QWET in the Pyrex dish. Be sure to blow air in – Do not suck air out. It could explode!

If you do not have a precision hot plate you can decarb in a hot oil bath. Put your extract in a small mason jar and immerse it an inch or so in hot oil @252°F for 27 minutes.

The disposable Buchner filter is supposed to be a use once throw away device. By carefully removing the original filter material after it wore out (3 uses) and sanding a ½” smooth filter seat around the inside bottom edge; I am able to use 90mm round filter papers in it. This makes it reusable and excellent for my purpose. Really CHEAP!

Dark honey red brown is the lightest color I achieved with older cured buds. I got a really light golden extract with fresh frozen LARF but this is just not available all of the time when needed.

Happy Growing.

Mañ'O'Green

This is the write up @ManOgreen shared with me a couple years ago when I ask him about rosin for vape pens. This I think was for the e-cig set up but they kept failing on me, the Evolve works great on low with a pre heat as the oil is very thick when you only add .1g of terps and viscosity per gram of rosin. I have not reclaimed my Carbonx yet, I got 10g of it from Extract Labs and it really does take the green colored ethanol to a nice clear/caramel color. Here is his answer to my question about rosin...……………………(Not sure I spelled his name right.)

Yes I have and it does not work for shit! I have tried all kinds of thinners with rosin and none of them are satisfactory. There is just to much wax in rosin. I have moved to a QWET process for making vape juice. I don't like the idea of any solvent but ethanol would be the best of them as far as toxicity is concerned.

Here is that process from beginning to end:

QWET to VAPE - No PG, VG, or MCT.

Warning: 200 proof Ethanol is highly flammable and it burns with a colorless flame. It can be on fire and you will not know it. Vapors are heavier than air and can pool in an enclosed space and become explosive. Handle in a well ventilated area with no open flames or sources for ignition. The evaporation phase would be the most dangerous.

Inputs:

1L - 200 Proof Ethanol (at least 151 proof).

1 oz. or more good bud or trim.

10 g. CarbonX.

.2 g. Viscosity Terpene Thinner per gram of concentrate.

.1g. to .2 g. of strain specific flavor terpenes per gram of concentrate.

Tools:

Misc. Strainers, containers etc.

1ml and .5ml Disposable Cartridges. (I like these but I am always trying new ones).

Optional distiller (Green Machine Clone) this will pay for itself in 5 runs. Ethanol is about $50 per liter delivered here. $18 worth of cheap vodka 40% (3.5 L) distilled will yield ~1.5 liters of 185 Proof ethanol. A savings of $57 dollars per cycle. Run the vodka through the distiller twice. The first time fill the 1.75 L vodka bottle with distillate. Dump the water in the distiller refill from the first run and run again. The second time fill the 1.75L bottle with distillate to just above the top label ~1.5L.

A Buchner Filter system and #1, and #2 filter papers. I got a disposable one cheap that I was able to modify with sand paper to be an excellent reusable system – cheap.

A vacuum pump. I just use a hand pump for brake lines I already had. An electric one is not expensive.

Small 50 ML borosilicate beaker.

Precision controlled hot plate – no open flames! I use the bottom plate of my rosin press.

A Pyrex pie pan or similar.

A drying box. Just a fan running over your pan covered with panty hose (keeps dust out) will work. DO THIS OUTDOORS!

Scraper (razor blade), Silicone container.

Syringes and 14ga. Dispensing needles.

1ml droppers.

THE METHOD:

This is started with the ingredients at room temperature.

1. Break up the buds into small pieces by hand (do not grind or chop) and put in a mason jar. Trim goes into the jar whole.

2. Pour over the room temperature ethanol enough to cover the buds/trim seal and shake every minute for 5 minutes.

3. Strain through a fine screen into another Mason jar and place in the freezer overnight to winterize it.

4. Next, filter through the Buchner filter with a #1 paper; put back in the Mason jar add 10 g. of CarbonX. Swirl this around occasionally all day.

5. The next day filter out the CarbonX using the Buchner filter with #2 filter papers. I need to run this 3 or 4 times to get all of the CarbonX back. I put the filter papers with CarbonX cake in a bowl and place them outside to dry. We can regenerate the CarbonX later.

6. Put the QWET in the Pyrex pan and evaporate outdoors. When the ethanol and water (water turns white) have evaporated out almost completely scrape out the concentrate and put in the silicone container. Place the container in the freezer for a while. This makes it easier to handle.

7. After frozen just bend the silicone container to break the concentrate into pieces that are easier to weigh out. Measure out into the beaker the amount you want to dilute for the cartridges up to 5 g. max in the 50 ml beaker (this will foam up a lot while decarbing keep your eye on it to prevent overflow).

8. Decarboxylate the concentrate on the hot plate @ 252°F for 27 minutes. Remove the beaker and while still hot add .2g (+or-) of Viscosity per gram of concentrate.

9. Next add .1g to .2g per gram of original weight (or more to your taste) of strain specific terpenes. I use the syringe with the blunt needle to stir with. You want the final consistency to be like cold maple syrup when at room temperature.

10. Have a coffee cup of boiling hot water handy to keep the extract thin while working with it. Just hold the beaker bottom in the hot water and stir. Fill your cartridges and enjoy. Flavored terpenes disperse in better while sitting overnight in the cartridges.

Reclaim your CarbonX: Do this when you are distilling off the vodka for process ethanol. Set up your Buchner filter with a #2 filter. As soon as your vodka finishes the second pass in the distiller and is hot and ~185 proof fill the top of the Buchner filter with hot ethanol start the vacuum and pour in the dirty CarbonX stir well as it filters maybe pour over some more hot ethanol but leave ½ of the bottom container for the water wash. Have some distilled water boiling hot to pour over the CarbonX for a final rinse. Adding this to the top of the Buchner before all of the ethanol drains out keeps the vacuum seal going and the CarbonX will not bypass the filter edges. Wash with the hot water. Filter all of the CarbonX out. It may take several passes depending on how good you are at keeping the filter edges sealed during the process. Put the filter papers in a bowl to dry. The CarbonX is ready to use again. I lose about 1g of CarbonX in this overall process per jar of QWET. Re-distill the ethanol out of the wash and discard the remaining water.

I built a drying box with a cardboard letter storage box. I cut the lid and glued an AC filter to it. Then I put a cardboard flat on top to keep direct sunlight out with holes cut in the side to let air out. Then I attached a fan connected to a filter can I was not using to blow clean air past the QWET in the Pyrex dish. Be sure to blow air in – Do not suck air out. It could explode!

If you do not have a precision hot plate you can decarb in a hot oil bath. Put your extract in a small mason jar and immerse it an inch or so in hot oil @252°F for 27 minutes.

The disposable Buchner filter is supposed to be a use once throw away device. By carefully removing the original filter material after it wore out (3 uses) and sanding a ½” smooth filter seat around the inside bottom edge; I am able to use 90mm round filter papers in it. This makes it reusable and excellent for my purpose. Really CHEAP!

Dark honey red brown is the lightest color I achieved with older cured buds. I got a really light golden extract with fresh frozen LARF but this is just not available all of the time when needed.

Happy Growing.

Mañ'O'Green

I ain’t gonna lie, that’s more dedication than I can currently muster. But very impressive none the less.:nerd-with-glasses:
I mostly heat a glass tube and just dip vape rosin out of the container.:drool:
I was thinking of giving this a go...

Some fresh CBD cheese for night time.
This how I store my oils in the freezer. Thaw in hot water in the sink, shake, and use.
5F0728BC-4CBB-4668-9018-245445B4831B.jpeg
D975E638-F00C-4564-95C3-1B315EC5F5BA.jpeg

You guys ever use a dynavap for rosin?
A dry herb vape I’m told works for concentrates too.
I don’t have one yet and it’ll be a couple of months before I do, but I have hopes it’s what we’re after.

You guys ever use a dynavap for rosin?
A dry herb vape I’m told works for concentrates too.
I don’t have one yet and it’ll be a couple of months before I do, but I have hopes it’s what we’re after.
No, Ive never seen that one. They didn’t do their product justice, I still have no clue how it works after watching the video.
:hmmmm:

No, Ive never seen that one. They didn’t do their product justice, I still have no clue how it works after watching the video.
:hmmmm:
IKR?! A guy who runs our local online headshop put me on to them. He swears by it - to the point where he reckons he’s boring people about it.
It’s on my list after a bigger tent and some other bits.
It’s heated with a flame until it ‘clicks’, then you draw what you can.
Different techniques for heating and mixing air as you draw seem to cover the various uses a stoner might put it to.

I ain’t gonna lie, that’s more dedication than I can currently muster. But very impressive none the less.:nerd-with-glasses:
I mostly heat a glass tube and just dip vape rosin out of the container.:drool:
I was thinking of giving this a go...

Some fresh CBD cheese for night time.
This how I store my oils in the freezer. Thaw in hot water in the sink, shake, and use.
5F0728BC-4CBB-4668-9018-245445B4831B.jpeg
D975E638-F00C-4564-95C3-1B315EC5F5BA.jpeg
Ya I get it that's why when I seen you were using your Evolve for rosin it got my attention. ManOGreen is right no matter what method you use rosin has to much wax. The Yukon Magneto is great for rosin but a lot of maintenance, every day coil cleaning. :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom