Dank's Quest For Dankness

These AG's are taking their time to amber up. But they are still healthy so I'll let them ride awhile longer :D

Hopefully everyone is having a great day

All 8 and of the AG's are down. They were all finished between 70 - 77 days.

Here's what I have going on in bloom atm. All few weeks in. I'll get some pics when they start budding better

1 - Headband x wedding cake

1 - Triangle kush x Star pupil

1 - OG #18

1 - Atomic gold #10

#10 is a lanky MF low yielder. But it's smoke is euphoria that's got some serious hair on its azz. I still have couple other pheno's from that hunt. But #10 is a contender for keeping

Hey Dank looking great as always. I got my LOS soil mixed and cooking now. :thumb:

I’m wondering about this amber thing people are always mentioning. Have you spent much time smoking buds at different ages and feel like the ones with a bit of amber trichomes are better than the ones with less amber, or more amber ? Or is it just your usual way of deciding when they’re ripe?

Hey Dank looking great as always. I got my LOS soil mixed and cooking now. :thumb:

I’m wondering about this amber thing people are always mentioning. Have you spent much time smoking buds at different ages and feel like the ones with a bit of amber trichomes are better than the ones with less amber, or more amber ? Or is it just your usual way of deciding when they’re ripe?
Hi weasel. Good deal on the soil cooking I think you'll dig it.
As far as the amber I really do think it's a good sign for ripeness. I've pulled same plants at different times to compare.
The bad thing is some plants don't show amber as clearly to the eye as others. For example my 24k I ran for couple years harvested every 8 weeks, it's trichs only got a orange tinge of color. But I got used to seeing it next to the cloudy ones.
My Chernobyl had trichs that would almost look blood red when ripe.
But really I always just look at the plant as a whole for being done before I look at the trichs. I like it to look finished too

I am pretty sure we would make the same calls about when it’s ready and get to the same place, maybe in different ways I was just curious. I don’t check trIchomes because I am still going to end up making the judgement call based on a bunch of other factors anyway.

I am pretty sure we would make the same calls about when it’s ready and get to the same place, maybe in different ways I was just curious. I don’t check trIchomes because I am still going to end up making the judgement call based on a bunch of other factors anyway.
I'm sure you are right. Plants that I keep around for long periods of time like the 24k I just knew by looking at the plant.
Watching the trichs is more for the unknown or new to me plants

You must have standard locations you check the trichomes from? The times I check them it’s usually little bits of the bud -like the side of a calyx.

It always seems like they're different in each part of the plant I check. Just for fun I’m going to check them on a couple plants tonight that are taking forever to finish.

Good morning people's :D

Here's my current flower run. AG's are just a few days in bloom. Others are few weeks in.

The Atomic gold's are pheno #10 to the left side and #2 on the right side of the pic.

Hopefully everyone is having a great day

What's up everyone :lot-o-toke: You guys ever have a plant that yeilds like shit, weak ass stems, lanky stretching MF, but the smoke is so good you just can't let it go?
That's what my AG #10 is. Little hard rocks for nugs. Takes up Way too much room but it's best erb I've had in long time. I can't bring myself to not keep it. I also don't share what little bit I get off it.
Personal head stash :D

Hopefully everyone is having a great weekend. Positive vibes to one and all

What's up everyone :lot-o-toke: You guys ever have a plant that yeilds like shit, weak ass stems, lanky stretching MF, but the smoke is so good you just can't let it go?
That's what my AG #10 is. Little hard rocks for nugs. Takes up Way too much room but it's best erb I've had in long time. I can't bring myself to not keep it. I also don't share what little bit I get off it.
Personal head stash :D
That's the quality we're after, it sounds lovely and worth sticking with, hopefully you can work out how to bump up the yield next time.:Rasta:

Those are the kind of plants I grow large and then supercrop like crazy and bend back on themselves so they fit back into a smaller space. Kind of like if you took a long legged spider and then broke all its legs and folded it all together (but put splints here and there for support so they’d heal in that position, just because you’re a nice guy).
You can make a low yielding plant yield quite well that way and the small dense widely spaced buds are easy to trim.

Those are the kind of plants I grow large and then supercrop like crazy and bend back on themselves so they fit back into a smaller space. Kind of like if you took a long legged spider and then broke all its legs and folded it all together (but put splints here and there for support so they’d heal in that position, just because you’re a nice guy).
You can make a low yielding plant yield quite well that way and the small dense widely spaced buds are easy to trim.
Each of those buds looks nice and potent. I must look out for that AG, thanks. This time last year I had no stash, now I have got plenty and even more in a few weeks. So I am with you on quality. It is just knowing which strains out of hundreds are really special, I don't need quantity. I like your approach to supercropping, I might really go to town with the needle nosed pliers next time and try and 'encourage' a stouter smaller plant.

Please pardon the intrusion, maybe you and/or your followers might be interested :cheer:

If so, please apply in the comparative grow thread, as I won't be responding to replies here :thanks:

:Namaste:

What's up everyone :D I'm bored as shit so I thought I'd post couple pics. Checkout the crust on the lowers just above soil level. I didn't strip it at all because it didn't have much leaf's to begin with

Here's couple more of branches I don't think I've taken shots of

Hopefully everyone is having a good night

Back
Top Bottom