Danny Terpintine's Private Oasis

IMG_8702.jpeg

That's a full size, 420 size, Bic lighter. Was going to do it last night but it was a bit short, 1cm, overnight it went to 4cm 😅

Think first time I’ve popped a single seed 😅 Its for the Outdoor grow.

Tails are good. 3cm better than 4cm!

Nick

🤣

There were around sixty in there last month - I don’t pop breeder numbers of seeds like you but quite a few in a batch.

Just funny having a lone seed, a freebie from a little known strain “Persian Pie” all alone there!

IMG_8767.jpeg

Today!

IMG_7643.jpeg

Last month!

You go paper to solo - what’s your max pot size? I’m growing a lot in smaller pots looking for optimum size on Yield v. Cost

I keep figuring smaller and smaller.

Its a numbers game, right?

Welcome to my Private Oasis! (That’s how I feel when I go into my grow room… it’s like an Oasis! The perfect temperature, humidity, smells… mmmmm :p )

Starting a new grow so I'd figure I'd bring ya' along with me! :)

Don’t know where I’m going to put this all but my mentor always said, commit first and figure the rest out later... Soooo LEGGOOOO!

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 12.30.02 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 12.30.07 PM.png

After about 20 hours in bottled water;

GTR F2
GTR.png

Eutierria
EUTIERRIA.png

Biker Kush F2
BIKER KUSH.png

Blue Kush F2
BLUE KUSH.png

Mango Bubba F2 (Bubba Kush - matt berger x (Moonwalker Og x UBC Chemo F2)
MANGO BUBBA.png
Hey @York Genetics what's up noob here watching grows on multiple fronts lol.

Hey @York Genetics what's up noob here watching grows on multiple fronts lol.

Welcome to my Private Oasis! (That’s how I feel when I go into my grow room… it’s like an Oasis! The perfect temperature, humidity, smells… mmmmm :p )

Starting a new grow so I'd figure I'd bring ya' along with me! :)

Don’t know where I’m going to put this all but my mentor always said, commit first and figure the rest out later... Soooo LEGGOOOO!

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 12.30.02 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 12.30.07 PM.png

After about 20 hours in bottled water;

GTR F2
GTR.png

Eutierria
EUTIERRIA.png

Biker Kush F2
BIKER KUSH.png

Blue Kush F2
BLUE KUSH.png

Mango Bubba F2 (Bubba Kush - matt berger x (Moonwalker Og x UBC Chemo F2)
MANGO BUBBA.png
@York Genetics

Just caught up. Lots of interesting "new" techniques, always a draw. I believe I'll come along for the ride if you don't mind.

Thanks for stopping by guys, always love the audience, and the conversations even more! 🙏

You go paper to solo - what’s your max pot size? I’m growing a lot in smaller pots looking for optimum size on Yield v. Cost

I guess it really depends on your goal. There's always give or take somewhere. Smalls pots will get you a larger population to sift through, but you give up yield and potential number of clones available or seeds produced. From a purely pheno hunters perspective it's great. You still have to add more time to veg and reclone your selections though, because you won't have a lot of cuts off small containers.

Where as with bigger pots you don't get the population, but you can take a winner and clone her like crazy and then have bunch of cuts ready to work or share. If you ran a bunch of small containers, you might only get a couple clones, then have to take more time to veg those out before you can work with them.

I really just switched to living organics a run or two ago. Last run I did a 6week veg in 1gallon pots, I pulled it off pretty well but it was not the easiest. This time I think I'm going to go paper -> solo -> 1gal -> 3gal. Each time I transplant I'm making selections. I'm also going to feed salts to the solo because I can push them much harder with salts than I can organics... And then switch to organics once I hit the 1gals.

And just an fyi., I'm not alwaysss that aggressive with germinating. Only when it's my gear or I have the numbers. I wouldn't buy a $600 10pack and be that hard with them. I also don't claim the be the best grower, but I do believe I have an amazing relationship with the plant and a really good ability to read it.🙏

Thanks for stopping by guys, always love the audience, and the conversations even more! 🙏

I guess it really depends on your goal. There's always give or take somewhere. Smalls pots will get you a larger population to sift through, but you give up yield and potential number of clones available or seeds produced. From a purely pheno hunters perspective it's great. You still have to add more time to veg and reclone your selections though, because you won't have a lot of cuts off small containers.

Where as with bigger pots you don't get the population, but you can take a winner and clone her like crazy and then have bunch of cuts ready to work or share. If you ran a bunch of small containers, you might only get a couple clones, then have to take more time to veg those out before you can work with them.

I really just switched to living organics a run or two ago. Last run I did a 6week veg in 1gallon pots, I pulled it off pretty well but it was not the easiest. This time I think I'm going to go paper -> solo -> 1gal -> 3gal. Each time I transplant I'm making selections. I'm also going to feed salts to the solo because I can push them much harder with salts than I can organics... And then switch to organics once I hit the 1gals.

And just an fyi., I'm not alwaysss that aggressive with germinating. Only when it's my gear or I have the numbers. I wouldn't buy a $600 10pack and be that hard with them. I also don't claim the be the best grower, but I do believe I have an amazing relationship with the plant and a really good ability to read it.🙏
I getcha, buddy. Love your pot sizing.

1702680482733.png

Lmao 🤣 and i think im a grower with three plants in my tent ⛺️ im not sure what to think 🤔 that is amazing, all the seeds, all the sprouts, all the cups hahahaha Wow is all i got man

Thank you @420always420 🙏💚

Oh I'm surely crazy... I saw empty space... erhmmm I DON'T THINK SO! 🤪 Just dropped a few more.

Hey, we all start somewhere! I remember two house clay pots in a 2x4 bedroom closet too. ;) Never forget where you started! 🙏
Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 6.25.13 PM.png

1702680482733.png

Lmao 🤣 and i think im a grower with three plants in my tent ⛺️ im not sure what to think 🤔 that is amazing, all the seeds, all the sprouts, all the cups hahahaha Wow is all i got man

# Throwback about 13 years ago

@the70s Here's my first plant;
GHS Bubba Kush from GHS. (That might have something to do with my love for bubba kush lol..)
first plant bubba.png

And the plant that started my breeding journey... Purple Kush from JOTI. I found a pheno with bright pink pistils and thought "WHOA this is amazing, I wonder if I can make more pink pistil plants". I knew nothing about making seeds or breeding, so I hit the forums. Then I made some seeds! When I actually had a well pollinated plant, I was like shit... "this is what I want to do... I want to be like Green House Seeds and have my own brand on Attitude" 🤣 (I was probably 16 at the time lol). I still have this stock, and I remember the flower being really trippy/anxiety/paro driven. Unfortunately I never stored them correctly because I didn't know better at the time... I try to germ a few every few grows but they never pop.
joti pk.png

and this was another female from the pack I believe;
joti pj3.png

joti pk2.png

These are like 12year old pics, wish I could find ones closer to harvest but that's all that is on my hard drive.

Saved all my clones. They're growing nice too. Not too happy in the solos but I will be moving them to 1gals today. 🙏
(Giesel, Tahoe, Chem D, ECSD, GMO, Irene)
clones.png

Sour D keeper. She also needs to move out of that 1gal!
Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 11.14.06 AM.png

It was a seeded reveg...guess she dropped some seeds. At least I know they're good! 🙏
sour d keeper seeds dropped.png

100% germ on everything I planted. One tipped over while watering so I left her (because cba), don't think she'll make it. The rest are rocking! 🙏
r4 03.png

r4 01.png

r4 02.png

Woah dude.

That’s awesome work.

What do you reckon your loss rate is from here. Average? We run’ maybe 3-5% (small sample size of 120-150 lifetime) where they just don't kick on here. Another similar amount with a weird pythium type rippled leaf ugly. A couple of weeks after this stage. Then generally we’re cool.

Saved all my clones. They're growing nice too. Not too happy in the solos but I will be moving them to 1gals today. 🙏
(Giesel, Tahoe, Chem D, ECSD, GMO, Irene)
clones.png

Sour D keeper. She also needs to move out of that 1gal!
Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 11.14.06 AM.png

It was a seeded reveg...guess she dropped some seeds. At least I know they're good! 🙏

100% germ on everything I planted. One tipped over while watering so I left her (because cba), don't think she'll make it. The rest are rocking! 🙏
r4 03.png

r4 01.png

r4 02.png

Mad! That's a full time job right there 🤣 looking forward to it! 👌

Nature doing its thing indoors! 🤣

What do you reckon your loss rate is from here. Average?

Aside from the biker kush that was older stock (like 30% of those didn't pop I think), but that's because of the seed stock.

Aside from that I'm at like 99% success rate. If there's one or two that don't make it, it's because I say I don't care... I'm not going to baby them in near perfect environments. If a couple can't make it there... then I'm not going to bother working with it down the road, because I know other people aren't going to grow them in perfect conditions either.

With that said everything I put in solo's made it well and good! (With the exception of the one that tipped over when I was watering and I just left it laying lol.)

Mad! That's a full time job right there 🤣 looking forward to it! 👌

Goals since I was 16 😅🙏. NGL it's work though. Thanks!

Yay did some transplanting!

Ran out of 5gal pots... need to grab 2 more for the other 2 limed orange still in 1gals. Bubba, Sour, and one Limed Orange moved to 5gals. 🙏

Finalllyyy feeling like I'm on cruise control again! At least for the next week or two!
room transplant.png

And all the clones (ECSD, Irene, Tahoe, Chem D, Giesel, Irene) have been moved to square 1gals.
clones transplant.png

They were so due for a transplant! :p (This is a GMO).
gmo clone.png

And a Tahoe Og
roots solo cup.png

Sent out some snips of one of my keeper too. :)
clones airplane.png

Back
Top Bottom