Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

Yes where I got my original DDA and all my Carnival seeds

They have like everything there

I'll give it some thought for the new year. Brix and I have tossed around the idea of a Carn in the Scrog I got as a prize and haven't yet used. That'd be a nice way to get a sponsor benefitting from the fun. It'd be fun to have a sponsored DDA grow too..... one small tent slows me down Chris.

It won't always be this way.

I can see the title...."Seedsman Sponsors SweetSue's Favorites."

Ok, it'll happen. Lol! Don't know when or where, but I can already see it running. I'll grow two plants, one Carn and one DDA. I've been meaning to do it for a while, to see what I'd get from each if they shared a tent.

My pollinated photoperiod DDA cross at almost 7 weeks of flower. I dropped her today and snapped a bud off..... sad, but at least I can check the seed ripeness and have a little taste. I think she will finish at week 8 which puts her entire life cycle at 11 weeks, the same time that my DDAs finish under 11/13 from seed. Lol, enough rambling....

I recently had failed germination with a DDA seed. No biggie, just part of the deal. Will be running more DDA after inspection on the 8th.

My pollinated photoperiod DDA cross at almost 7 weeks of flower. I dropped her today and snapped a bud off..... sad, but at least I can check the seed ripeness and have a little taste. I think she will finish at week 8 which puts her entire life cycle at 11 weeks, the same time that my DDAs finish under 11/13 from seed. Lol, enough rambling....

I recently had failed germination with a DDA seed. No biggie, just part of the deal. Will be running more DDA after inspection on the 8th.

Inspections.....thought I was through with them, but they look to be in my future a little longer too. It feels so good to get them behind you so you can get back to focusing on growing. Lol!

She’s a pretty one Ganjagrowergu. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart: I’m looking forward to the taste review and how it compares to DDA.

I’ve been enjoying my buds today and discovered this batch has cured into the quality that keeps you high AF for over four hours on three teeny-tiny hits. Whew! What a ride. :slide:

It’ll make the harvest stretch a bit. I still have lots of cob left too. Right now I’d be hard-pressed to say which of my favorites I prefer. Lol!

Happened to me last year - and not with one seed, but more like ten (assorted strains). I went back to pouring a couple cap-fulls of consumer-grade 3% H₂O₂ into a cup, dropping a seed into it, and swirling the cup around for 30 seconds or so ("rinsing the seedcase") to kill any pathogens / microbial life that might be "over-wintering" on them, then pouring in some water and proceeding as normal. I then put another cap-full in every day or so for a nice little O₂ boost, and ended up with 8/8 germination (mix from the same batch of seeds that I'd previously failed with).

Then I got the bright idea to put the plants outside in two-liter bottles, used a soda carrier to carry them, "parked" them outside together until I could get back in the daytime to do a better scout of the site... and someone walked off with the young plants, bottles, and the carrier they were sitting in. No worries, lol, with luck the person got a decent harvest, gave all the bud away to someone with an extreme medical need... and then got pasted to the front bumper of a Kenworth five minutes later. The plants/bottles were no big deal - but I wish they'd left the two-liter bottle carrier....

Inspections.....thought I was through with them, but they look to be in my future a little longer too. It feels so good to get them behind you so you can get back to focusing on growing. Lol!

She’s a pretty one Ganjagrowergu. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart: I’m looking forward to the taste review and how it compares to DDA.

Yeah, inspections are a mofo. I used to get really worked up about them. Have murdered plants, gave them away to people that killed the good ones and kept the junk ones. Now I just take care of it by putting stuff away. Place smells like a bag of weed most of the time anyway. Lol

@TorturedSoul I started planting seeds directly in their final pot with no soaking, it has been a bit of a bugger since then. I am going back to my old 24hr soak and then plant them. It's been foolproof, but I wanted to be lazier than I already am and paid a price.

I am reminded of the first 2 plants i ever grew. Was about 20 years ago. That put me at around 16 years old. I got a couple seeds out of some buds that were always seedless that my buddy's dad grew. I planted them by the river near my house. Everything was great. I figured that they had about two weeks to go, so I left them be. Sure as a chihuahua poops on the carpet, when I had a chance to get them chopped I arrived to find two holes where my monster bushes had been growing.... did not run my own grow again until about 4 years ago.

Happened to me last year - and not with one seed, but more like ten (assorted strains). I went back to pouring a couple cap-fulls of consumer-grade 3% H₂O₂ into a cup, dropping a seed into it, and swirling the cup around for 30 seconds or so ("rinsing the seedcase") to kill any pathogens / microbial life that might be "over-wintering" on them, then pouring in some water and proceeding as normal. I then put another cap-full in every day or so for a nice little O₂ boost, and ended up with 8/8 germination (mix from the same batch of seeds that I'd previously failed with).

Then I got the bright idea to put the plants outside in two-liter bottles, used a soda carrier to carry them, "parked" them outside together until I could get back in the daytime to do a better scout of the site... and someone walked off with the young plants, bottles, and the carrier they were sitting in. No worries, lol, with luck the person got a decent harvest, gave all the bud away to someone with an extreme medical need... and then got pasted to the front bumper of a Kenworth five minutes later. The plants/bottles were no big deal - but I wish they'd left the two-liter bottle carrier....

You float your seeds until they sprout TS? You ever consider the hempy solo cup with perlite soaked in 1/4-strength nutrients? We have clear covers for them, fast-food drink covers. I don't even soak my seeds in advance anymore, and they come up on day three like clockwork. Brix had two more come up just this morning.

Yeah, inspections are a mofo. I used to get really worked up about them. Have murdered plants, gave them away to people that killed the good ones and kept the junk ones. Now I just take care of it by putting stuff away. Place smells like a bag of weed most of the time anyway. Lol

@TorturedSoul I started planting seeds directly in their final pot with no soaking, it has been a bit of a bugger since then. I am going back to my old 24hr soak and then plant them. It's been foolproof, but I wanted to be lazier than I already am and paid a price.

I am reminded of the first 2 plants i ever grew. Was about 20 years ago. That put me at around 16 years old. I got a couple seeds out of some buds that were always seedless that my buddy's dad grew. I planted them by the river near my house. Everything was great. I figured that they had about two weeks to go, so I left them be. Sure as a chihuahua poops on the carpet, when I had a chance to get them chopped I arrived to find two holes where my monster bushes had been growing.... did not run my own grow again until about 4 years ago.

I wasn't aware that pooping on the carpet was a sure thing with chihuahua. :rofl:

I'm glad you got back to it. Now here you are developing a custom chemovar. :high-five:

You float your seeds until they sprout TS?

Well, until they've absorbed enough water to be heavier than the volume that they're displacing, at least ;) .

You ever consider the hempy solo cup with perlite soaked in 1/4-strength nutrients?

I've done such a thing before (although they weren't technically hempies at the time).

We have clear covers for them, fast-food drink covers. I don't even soak my seeds in advance anymore, and they come up on day three like clockwork. Brix had two more come up just this morning.

Ordinarily, I don't need any kind of cover here. This time of year, the RH tends to be kind of low inside, but normally I've got all the moisture I could want and then about 15x more.

I just like to soak older, hard-shelled, non-treated seeds before I plant them. I don't suppose my method is any better or worse than the next person's, it's just what works for me (and what I'm comfortable with). I don't let the water get stagnant. If it works for pepper seeds, lol...

I wasn't aware that pooping on the carpet was a sure thing with chihuahua.

Even a dog can be suicidal, lol.

I wasn't aware that pooping on the carpet was a sure thing with chihuahua. :rofl:

I'm glad you got back to it. Now here you are developing a custom chemovar. :high-five:
Well, it's a sure thing in my world, lol. I'm kind of attached to the bugger. It's not an all the time thing, but it is guaranteed to happen eventually.. unlike my pitbull whom has never ever pooped on my carpet purposely. Enough of that now, I'm having chihuahua PTSD...

Absolutely. My mom and dad used to grow before their divorce in 89. My uncle on my dad's side grew up until a few years ago when he passed away. My grandma on the same side of the family grew for her cancer back in the late 70s early 80s. Sort of a secret family tradition.that just never got talked about openly, just a quietly known thing. Maybe Pops is out there somewhere making sure I stick to it. Growing feels right.

I am very happy to be creating something that i can call my own. And i am very happy to have these awesome purple genetics to play with. My seed stash is a culmination of good people making sure that I only have the best to work with.

HashGirl said:
Do you know why I like Dark Devil? Because even when I'm not super high with it, I just feel good, you know. I find it an uplifting strain and have used it in place of caffeine when I just need a pick me up.....It’s an active high...

All around the forums friends are floating into the New Year on a cloud of Dark Devil Auto-inspired bliss. I have to say it’s a joy sharing the experience with them.

It’s also satisfying beyond belief to see so many new chemovars being developed around DDA deliciousness. I never expected to have such a creative impact on genetics. :circle-of-love:

I have an NL x DDA seedling as I type, t'was a gracious gift. DDA's genetics will soon be spread far and wide. I have personally made 7 crosses and one batch of F2s from my original cross.. those should all be super fun to grow out.

My first DDA grew so vigorously and smelled so freaking good that I ruined it with tons of pollen. Like it couldn't be helped. And then the first cross is just as black, I'll need to grow out a lot more to know how dominant that color really is in the F1s, but this one also smells just like DDA. After a test bud, that snapped off during a near catastrophe, I have determined that this pheno is perhaps the closest thing to a Dark Devil "Photo" that could possibly exist.

Lol. I started typing this day before yesterday.... Damn Northern Lights makes me forgetful.

I have an NL x DDA seedling as I type, t'was a gracious gift. DDA's genetics will soon be spread far and wide. I have personally made 7 crosses and one batch of F2s from my original cross.. those should all be super fun to grow out.

My first DDA grew so vigorously and smelled so freaking good that I ruined it with tons of pollen. Like it couldn't be helped. And then the first cross is just as black, I'll need to grow out a lot more to know how dominant that color really is in the F1s, but this one also smells just like DDA. After a test bud, that snapped off during a near catastrophe, I have determined that this pheno is perhaps the closest thing to a Dark Devil "Photo" that could possibly exist.

Lol. I started typing this day before yesterday.... Damn Northern Lights makes me forgetful.
If you get that photo stabilized... dont forget about me, Bob!!! Lol best wishes on the pheno hunt!

We will see when I can get the pheno hunt started. Need a space to grow them under 18+ hours of light to weed out the autos in the F2 generation. Space is a hot commodity around here.

This discussion of crosses has me curious. Has anyone here crossed DDA with someone's version of an auto-flowering White Widow in order to add some (more) potency to it, maybe change the profile of affects slightly?

Back
Top Bottom