Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

Here's a nug shot of my little DDA from yesterday.
Day61 from sprout:
20181221_151448.jpg
20181221_151514.jpg

Who's been growing using the vpd chart strictly for their grow? Has anyone formulated or know of a vpd chart for cannabis only?

If it's all one in the same can someone please explain in NORMAL human language please? Lol.

I've still been trying to stick to the vpd charts posted on 420 forums, but feel hella uncomfortable with the optimal RH being so high during flower or dropping my temps to the low 60s-high 50s during lights on. No worries for Darla now. Just want to gain more knowledge.

I keep mine at as close to 75 temp 65% humidity as I can which is the perfect VPD at the perfect temp for cannabis.
I do that all the way until flower with a photo period, then lower the humidity about 5% every week until when iam in late flower I want the humidity around 35%. I usually try to keep my temps lower in late flower like 71 with 35% humidity.
I stick with the VPD chart all through veg not flower.

@Orlando Scout, I love it when they get so dark that they look black. :high-five:

I broke down!!! Day 61. Couldn't resist the smells saying try me. Lol. Noticed about 60% cloudy trichs. The cloudy trichs starting to get the purple oil in the stalks. Pretty cool. Cut one of the runt branches. Trimmed for a quicker dry. Super sticky and dense.

20181223_220435.jpg
20181223_222235.jpg

The flash makes her look darker than she is. Really a bright purple not that deep black like yours @Orlando Scout. :-( lol

I broke down!!! Day 61. Couldn't resist the smells saying try me. Lol. Noticed about 60% cloudy trichs. The cloudy trichs starting to get the purple oil in the stalks. Pretty cool. Cut one of the runt branches. Trimmed for a quicker dry. Super sticky and dense.

20181223_220435.jpg
20181223_222235.jpg

The flash makes her look darker than she is. Really a bright purple not that deep black like yours @Orlando Scout. :-( lol

I can never keep my grubby little hands off mine either.

Just checked the trichs on DDA shes mostly cloudy with a few clear. No amber as of yet, on Day63 from sprout. Going to push her as far as I can before the chop. Its so hard going in the flower tent and not chopping her down, shes definitely teaching me some self control lol.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

Smoke report!!!!
So from the 7.2g wet that I snipped...
Hung to dry in the living room. No clue the temp or rh. Good guess would be around 73°F and a low rh around 35%. Still a tad moist but she got smoked anyways.
Dried to 1.2g. Smoked 0.6g
I can say I've been trying to type this for 5 mins now. Lol.

Super racy. "I feel it behind my eyes" kind of high. My girlfriend said, "yup I'm high." With a goofy ass grin. Lol. Then said, "it feels like baby fingers are massaging my face." Shes a weirdo too.

Ok... the smoke even with the quick dry and no cure was pretty smooth in a joint. Almost burned entirely through, with a few lights here and there.

Only con as of now is the taste and smell were very faint. I'm sure, with her going longer and a proper dry and cure that will change.
Also remember her trichomes were only about 50% cloudy at the time I cut that sample.

I'm expecting even better things from DDA in the future.

One love!!!

20181227_091041.jpg
So this is my crazy bagseed girl Karen. Shes been in this pre-flower stage since Darla has. Cant figure a good feed for her. But she wont die! Lol. Shes thrown 7, 5, 4, 3 and even single finger blades. Also her leaves have never gotten big. Always had these pettie fan leaves. No clue what that's about. Smh. Smells piney and lemony. Just opened her up yesterday and shes looking kinda cool.

Any suggestions?
20181227_091100.jpg
No disrespect to my DDA girls. Lol

Oh yeah! She is super sticky!! I mean super glue sticky and she is barely frosted. But she does have trichs on almost every leaf even the fan leaves.

How on earth did I miss all this action going on in this room?

20181223_220435.jpg
20181223_222235.jpg

Congrats on the tester Bob. :high-five: The smell and taste improve appreciably with curing. I just pulled out my buds that’ve been in the jar for three months, and the taste is sweet berry with a lime kick. The jar smells like manic limes when you open it up. Lol!

At three months curing she’s a two hit high, so of course I’m taking two more as soon as I get this post up. :slide:

You have good color Bob, and you know she’s a happy hit. It only gets better from here.

As to your problem child.... for all the trouble she’s having she’s still popping out the pistils. I’d just let her ride it out.

I can never keep my grubby little hands off mine either.

They call to me. :rofl:

Just checked the trichs on DDA shes mostly cloudy with a few clear. No amber as of yet, on Day63 from sprout. Going to push her as far as I can before the chop. Its so hard going in the flower tent and not chopping her down, shes definitely teaching me some self control lol.

You may not get much amber at all with DDA Orlando. I harvest when most of the trichomes go cloudy. I find it’s a zippier buzz at that stage.

I love a happy room. :passitleft:

@SweetSue thank you queen! You've had the most DDA grows completed, so I've been looking for cloudy trichs with purple stems. About 20% purple stems on trichs now. So I still have a week or two.

With your input to @Orlando Scout I'm on the same chop date, again if I can with hold. My samples have been a great smoke with .5g left. Maybe a few days longer than you, if I can wait. Lol.

Also @SweetSue you've been settling in, and I see you're going to bless us with many helpful DDA updates again.

@SweetSue with this thread and the amount of DDA you've grown I dont see why sweetseeds wouldn't sponsor you next grow!!!

[USER=217396]@SweetSue with this thread and the amount of DDA you've grown I dont see why sweetseeds wouldn't sponsor you next grow!!!

Actually, I believe @bobrown14 has the most DDA harvests. He tends to run a table of around 25 at a time. I’ll never catch up to him. Lol!

SweetSeeds isn’t a sponsor here, so that grow won’t be happening anytime soon. Their forum rep and I were hopeful at one time, but it never came to anything. They’re very active over at the autoflowering network. He did send me seeds to share with the community a couple years back, and he keeps an eye on us from a distance.

We do this for love, and all of my DDA seeds are from Rifleman anyway. I guess he’s my sponsor. Lol!

Actually, I believe @bobrown14 has the most DDA harvests. He tends to run a table of around 25 at a time. I’ll never catch up to him. Lol!

SweetSeeds isn’t a sponsor here, so that grow won’t be happening anytime soon. Their forum rep and I were hopeful at one time, but it never came to anything. They’re very active over at the autoflowering network. He did send me seeds to share with the community a couple years back, and he keeps an eye on us from a distance.

We do this for love, and all of my DDA seeds are from Rifleman anyway. I guess he’s my sponsor. Lol!
Seedsman is a sponsor, maybe hit them up Sue

Back
Top Bottom