Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

I have yet to see any reason to ever top any plant be it photo periods or autos.
Just LST them, get the exact same outcome with the added bonus of keeping the original top.
Here is my last 4 grows, nothing but LST as soon as the plant is strong enough to handle it.
Topping only gets rid of one of the best buds and kinda stunts it for a couple days.
All grows are just 2 plants and I usually get between 45 to 60 colas.
20170724_085621.jpg
20180720_101716.jpg
20170718_085932.jpg
20160917_101920.jpg

I have yet to see any reason to ever top any plant be it photo periods or autos.
Just LST them, get the exact same outcome with the added bonus of keeping the original top.
Here is my last 4 grows, nothing but LST as soon as the plant is strong enough to handle it.
Topping only gets rid of one of the best buds and kinda stunts it for a couple days.
20170724_085621.jpg
20180720_101716.jpg
20170718_085932.jpg
20160917_101920.jpg
Cant disagree with reputable results. Have you ran DDA? If so what was your dry harvest?

One reason why I'm not against stopping is because it happens naturally.

Anybody can correct me if I'm wrong but the highest yields from DDA has been a topped plant. I know @Rifleman is against topping also and has had great yields.

I have 3 more DDA seeds and plan on letting them grow out naturally. Only extra is to create my own seeds from the best pheno or even just pollen for a cross. I really want a photo with DDA traits. Maybe a GSC x DDA cross.

Cant disagree with reputable results. Have you ran DDA? If so what was your dry harvest?

One reason why I'm not against stopping is because it happens naturally.

Anybody can correct me if I'm wrong but the highest yields from DDA has been a topped plant. I know @Rifleman is against topping also and has had great yields.

I have 3 more DDA seeds and plan on letting them grow out naturally. Only extra is to create my own seeds from the best pheno or even just pollen for a cross. I really want a photo with DDA traits. Maybe a GSC x DDA cross.

Nope never grown Dark Devil until 10 days ago.
If fact never grown an auto of any kind until 10 days ago
I think if I do anything at all to them it just be some form of LST.
These DDA seem to be pretty low yielding. I think the most I've seen is about 5oz.
I think this one in this pic is only about 3 oz but it looks nice.

So to be honest I dont know about an auto, and certainly not a DDA which seems to be a bit of strange bird.

Iam pretty damn sure when it comes to photo periods though.
No need to top.

I really want a photo with DDA traits. Maybe a GSC x DDA cross.

This is the tiniest test plant ever. 9cm pot. She is also pregnant with F2s for pheno hunting. Maybe 8" tall. Same black buds both of my previous DDAs.

Hoping to find a better leaf to calyx ratio pheno in her offspring.

Wow Ganjagrowergu! It's downright black! :thumb:

Nunyabiz, DDA hasn't ever been a high yielder. That's not her draw. Lol! Best harvest I ever got from one was four ounces, and that was with side lighting. Typically, we're happy with a few ounces of this delicious herb. We all wish they'd grow bigger. Mostly we're so enamoured with taste, smell, and effect that we can't wait to plant the next one. Lol!

I've personally decided to stop topping my DDAs.

20170724_085621.jpg
20180720_101716.jpg
20170718_085932.jpg
20160917_101920.jpg

Impressive! Has @TheMadDabber seen your tub?

Wow Ganjagrowergu! It's downright black! :thumb:

Nunyabiz, DDA hasn't ever been a high yielder. That's not her draw. Lol! Best harvest I ever got from one was four ounces, and that was with side lighting. Typically, we're happy with a few ounces of this delicious herb. We all wish they'd grow bigger. Mostly we're so enamoured with taste, smell, and effect that we can't wait to plant the next one. Lol!

I've personally decided to stop topping my DDAs.

I would be elated to get 4oz especially if I could get an average of 4oz for all 4 plants that would be a pound and I would plant 4 more immediately.

Why have you decided to not top?

Good evening all.

Darla has still been feeling light every 7 days, fed ever 8th. Dropped her ppms down to 630. She's almost completely purple now. Just a few fan leaves that are still green but going through cessation.

I know I posted yesterday, but here are her pre water pics from today. Better lighting but worse quality pics. Cant win with the lighting for now. Lol
20181221_063134.jpg
20181221_063005.jpg

OMG Bob! She’s beautiful! :goodjob:

Planted a DDA in hempy, an SSDC in standard pot, and a Northern Lights x DDA cross in hempy this evening. Should be above ground by Tuesday morning, will get pics when they peek out. Also planted 4 others that arent the progeny of DDA. Trying to fill the giant gaps in my tent.

Wow Ganjagrowergu! It's downright black!
Precisely the trait I wanted to pass on. Black buds make for good conversation starters in the real world too. Lol

Good evening all.

Darla has still been feeling light every 7 days, fed ever 8th. Dropped her ppms down to 630. She's almost completely purple now. Just a few fan leaves that are still green but going through cessation.

I know I posted yesterday, but here are her pre water pics from today. Better lighting but worse quality pics. Cant win with the lighting for now. Lol
20181221_063134.jpg
20181221_063005.jpg

Looks nice Bob

Who's been growing using the vpd chart strictly for their grow? Has anyone formulated or know of a vpd chart for cannabis only?

If it's all one in the same can someone please explain in NORMAL human language please? Lol.

I've still been trying to stick to the vpd charts posted on 420 forums, but feel hella uncomfortable with the optimal RH being so high during flower or dropping my temps to the low 60s-high 50s during lights on. No worries for Darla now. Just want to gain more knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom