Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

I am not sure why so many are running autos at 12/12 that's really putting a dent in yields and potency.
Should never be less than 18/6 minimum.

My other pot is a Gorilla Glue #4 auto and Honey Peach CBD auto.

Nice plant choices. :green_heart:

I’ll be running my own autos 18/6 under 4000K because that’s what my host runs his veg tent, but I’ve flirted for years with the idea of trying an auto under veg lights, just to see what happened.

A-train taught us years ago to run autos 18/6 with as much side-lighting as possible under your conditions. That’s how he pulled off his POTM with an auto.

But autos are flexible growing, when you have small spaces in your tents that you don’t want to leave empty. If you’re not overly concerned with yields with every plant you can add some variety without much fuss. As long as you understand that autos won’t necessarily stay small. Lol!

@bobrown14 does a table of DDA budsickles he never shows us because they aren’t pretty grown that way. Lol! Pretty isn’t always the goal. Sometimes it’s simply to get a bunch to harvest so you won’t run out. :battingeyelashes:

I cant find where I read about many of you not flushing anymore. Is that only for certain grow mediums. I never fully understood the point of THE FLUSH.

I have and haven't. Can't tell the difference. In my world it's much more important to bud wash. I'm always amazed how much stuff comes off.

PSA.....Lots of talk about producing our own seeds. How to, what works, how much, how often, etc. Time to dispel this mystery. I've just started a small tutorial of dwc, sex reversal, and selfing seeds in my journal. I'm going to try and keep it as simple yet detailed as I can.

I can't promise success, but if I fail at least y'all will get a good laugh and maybe learn what Not to do. Win win either way. Drop on by if ya feel like it, plenty of room on the porch. :passitleft:

I cant find where I read about many of you not flushing anymore. Is that only for certain grow mediums. I never fully understood the point of THE FLUSH.

If you're growing in Living Organic Soil then what's to flush?
And if it's a hydrosoil like coco and bottle feeding synthetic nutrients then IMO I believe it's mostly psychosomatic, because no matter how long you starve the roots of nutrients its not ever going to "flush" out what you have been feeding the plant for 3+ months.
Anyone that wants a smooth clean and terpene rich smoke needs to grow LOS.
Plus if the plant is an auto and its starved for the last 7 to 10 days or more of it's short life right at the time its buds are fattening the most you just screwed the yield dramatically.

And if it's a hydrosoil like coco and bottle feeding synthetic nutrients then IMO I believe it's mostly psychosomatic, because no matter how long you starve the roots of nutrients its not ever going to "flush" out what you have been feeding the plant for 3+ months.
Plus if the plant is an auto and its starved for the last 7 to 10 days or more of it's short life right at the time its buds are fattening the most you just screwed the yield dramatically.
Well put

@SweetSue my avatar, also a potm, was an auto. Royal Queen Seeds Bubble Kush Auto. One of my first under a 1Kw HPS.

BTW, our DDA/SSDC stash is Apr 2016 vintage. :cool:

Wow! How time flies when you’re having fun. Lol!

I’m kinda on the fence about it myself. I grow hempy though, and I like to try to use the perlite at least through two runs, so I start a gentle flush for the last week or two. The nature of my medium is such that the plants are never completely without nutrients to draw on, just that they become more and more limited.

In my mind this translates into the chance for the plant to create a more exotic oil. :battingeyelashes:

PSA.....Lots of talk about producing our own seeds. How to, what works, how much, how often, etc. Time to dispel this mystery. I've just started a small tutorial of dwc, sex reversal, and selfing seeds in my journal. I'm going to try and keep it as simple yet detailed as I can.

I can't promise success, but if I fail at least y'all will get a good laugh and maybe learn what Not to do. Win win either way. Drop on by if ya feel like it, plenty of room on the porch. :passitleft:

Thank you Lucas. The more we explore making our own seeds the more control we hold on our own health care. I’m all about options.

:passitleft:

Incidentally, I now have two more of your DDA seeds growing. :yahoo:

I started in LOS, and I still encourage others to explore the world of living soil. I understand where you’re coming from, but as you can see, this little lady found a direct path from LOS to bottled nutrients, and had great success doing so.

One of the wonders of cannabis is that here are so many viable paths to the reward.

To be completely honest though, my highest-yielding DDA was in LOS with side lighting. :battingeyelashes:

I'm in coco but exploring a run in LOS this spring.

Van and bobrown14 are solid guides for that adventure Pennywise. With them behind you you're sure to have fun. :battingeyelashes:

Well @SweetSue , the Devils Cream was so amazing I popped the other 3 seeds I got and I’m ordering 5 Dark Devil seeds and 5 more Devil Cream seeds!

image.jpg

I'm in coco but exploring a run in LOS this spring.

You already know I love the LOS.

Well @SweetSue , the Devils Cream was so amazing I popped the other 3 seeds I got and I’m ordering 5 Dark Devil seeds and 5 more Devil Cream seeds!

image.jpg

You already know I love the LOS.

So I’m curious, was there a creamy taste to the buds? I’ve always wondered about the name.

Back
Top Bottom