Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

...and why would you, lol?

That's an awesome harvest from a strain that isn't known for being especially productive (the opposite, maybe?). Congratulations!

That octopot thing. That's the gizmo that Susan posted a picture or two of in one of her threads ("relocates," maybe?), right? I'll admit I was pretty skeptical when I read about it, but you've shown that it's a legitimate thing to grow cannabis in.

...and why would you, lol?

That's an awesome harvest from a strain that isn't known for being especially productive (the opposite, maybe?). Congratulations!

That octopot thing. That's the gizmo that Susan posted a picture or two of in one of her threads ("relocates," maybe?), right? I'll admit I was pretty skeptical when I read about it, but you've shown that it's a legitimate thing to grow cannabis in.
Thank you very much! That is an awesome harvest, I am surely not complaining.

Octopot is the gizmo you saw. Sue was here for my first Octopot grow. Using a new (to me), cheap nutrient line (Texas Tomato) and an Octopot I was able to pull 12 ounces off one plant. That was a record yield for me. Previously I had only hit 8 ounces. Octopot is definitely a contender if you want to grow some fat plants. I wish I could tell you that I was this great grower with a hellacious green thumb, but that's not the case. Octopot and Texas Tomato have both earned their spots in my garden.

Oh no, those are dried. 13.3 ounces of ready-to-smoke bud. I don't weigh wet flower.
Ya sure

Like Sue and her 1lb carnival that wasn't

Lol

That's a huge DDA, can we see pics of her at harvest

Someone got a pretty good harvest in a DWC setup, I think. I don't remember the actual amount, but it was enough to give a man hope ;) .

Ya sure

Like Sue and her 1lb carnival that wasn't

Lol

That's a huge DDA, can we see pics of her at harvest
See Chris, one thing you must not know about me is that I am not the picture taking type! Sue was nice enough to do that while she was here, alas she is no longer here. This was a green pheno DDA. Had some nice thick colas but was a floppy lady once the weight came on.

The difference between my plant and Sue's was that she was weighing wet flower and estimating her final weight, I am simply taking a final weight, no estimation.

See Chris, one thing you must not know about me is that I am not the picture taking type! Sue was nice enough to do that while she was here, alas she is no longer here. This was a green pheno DDA. Had some nice thick colas but was a floppy lady once the weight came on.

The difference between my plant and Sue's was that she was weighing wet flower and estimating her final weight, I am simply taking a final weight, no estimation.
I had 3 green pheno, they where bigger for sure, makes sense then

They are a lot different than the dark pheno...

Aren't they supposed to be more potent, too? How does the fragrance/flavor compare to the purple ones? If at least as good, I'd prefer the green version (not a real fan of purple, although it's okay I suppose).

Good afternoon to all you DDA experts!

I've been stopping by this thread on and off over the past couple of months and love what I have been seeing. I am just starting a new project: DDA, grown in hempy (started in a rapid rooter, then into pure perlite) and an attempt to reverse to produce my own seeds. Ambitious, I know! I have also been visiting the Hempy Headquarters thread for all things hempy. And, finally, @beez0404, @Pennywise and several others have been great sources of information on the CS technique of reversing.

Anyhow, I do have a quick question. For those of you who can recall, or who have good notes, approximately when did you see the first pistil on your DDA? How many days after germination? I ask because I need to time the application of the CS accordingly.

Here are a couple of pictures. The little gal is DAY 2 above ground. Hoping that it is one of the purple cultivars.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

Anytime after day 30 on mine, some like day 40, just depends on the conditions usually

Not sure when to spray an auto, so I'm curious myself since I'll be doing it in a few months

Anytime after day 30 on mine, some like day 40, just depends on the conditions usually

Not sure when to spray an auto, so I'm curious myself since I'll be doing it in a few months

@beez0404 mentioned 30-40 days as well on this thread. He advised starting CS application 7 days prior to flowering onset, or about day 25. So that is what I will be doing! Hope that your reversing goes well.

Anyhow, I do have a quick question. For those of you who can recall, or who have good notes, approximately when did you see the first pistil on your DDA? How many days after germination? I ask because I need to time the application of the CS accordingly.

If your goal is to produce a few (hundred) seeds, I'm thinking they'll start showing signs of flowering much quicker in a small container than, for example, a large DWC reservoir with lots of root space (and active aeration). @Rifleman 's experience seems to be along those lines, I think, with longer flowering periods in DWC, and larger plants, of course. Although I don't remember offhand when flowering started in them. But think about what "everyone" always says about leaving young autos in their small initial containers too long, "That's going to hurt you, because it'll start flowering before it's gotten very big."

Or something like that, IDFK, lol.

Back
Top Bottom