Dark Devil, Purple Lemonade & Zkittles Autos

Hello growers!

Despite my decapitating the Zkit a few days back, I still feel good about this grow. I think posting on what's still going well is good therapy. :slide:

Dark Devil (Day 16)

She is stretching up. Nice green color. I said in a previous post that I was going to top her at some point. Well, today I'm saying no way that's gonna happen. I'm shell-shocked from what I did to her friend. :Rasta: I will bend her into the Scrog net but that's about it.

I've been following a Dark Devil forum and there seems to be a lot of agreement that they do not like or need a lot of nutrients. So on the next feed later this week I'm only upping the MC dosage from 2 grams per gal. to 2.5. (I was planning on 3 grams.)

I've been pay attention to the Mega Crop thread, too. What I've picked up there relates to the GLN supplements. I had planned to start the Sweet Candy with the next feeding. But I have decided to hold off for another week or so and to begin at half the recommended dosage.

I'm new to soil growing, Mega Crop and its supplements. I think caution is wise.

DD D26a.JPG

DD D26c.JPG

Purple Lemonade (Day 16)

She's is looking okay, but she is really...(oh shit, I'm not supposed to be concerned with size). Never mind.

She droops in the evenings and is back up looking perky in the mornings. No worries, I guess. I will take her to 2.5 grams of MC, as well. But I will keep an eye on her to see if she shows signs of wanting more.

Purp Lemonade D26b.JPG

Purp Lemonade D26a.JPG

The Baby: Chocolate SKunk (Day 4)

She is blowing in the breeze and stretching her wings. No changes in her treatment, just surrounding the plant with water at 2 grams MC.

Choco Skunk D4a.JPG

Choco Skunk D4.JPG

The Zkit (Day 38)

I maimed her. What can I say? I am prone to do stuff like this because I'm getting old. :Rasta:

Before I beheaded the Zkit I had upped her MC to 4 grams per gal. Now, with half her body gone she's starting to look dark green. I'm going to water her at 2.5 the next time, too. (kind of makes things simple this time around)

The Zkit D38.JPG

The Afghan Mass I dropped into water the other day is now on a paper towel, has been for 2 days now. I see no signs that she's gonna open up. Jeezy Peezy! :confused: If she doesn't come out within the next 2 days I'm guessing she prefers not to.

Later!

1/28/20

Hello growers!

I watered the Zkit until runoff today. She took 1.5 liters in a 3 gallon pot.

Watered the Dark Devil until runoff. She took 2.5 liters in a 5 gallon pot.

Thinking out loud today:

This Mega Crop/soil grow has left me with very little to do. I mix the food, water the plants and then...hardly anything left to do. At most, I might need to fill another bucket of water.

Coming from DWC and bottle upon bottle of liquid nutrients and ph meters and ec meters and water level checks and extensive note-taking, this is disorienting.

I'm not complaining. But, I do have a lot of extra time on my hands and I'm struggling to fill the void. I think that might be one of the reasons for this post. :Rasta:

Later!

You could sub some other threads here...there's lots to read!

Sorry about the Zkitting. Looks good though....they all do!

Careful with the GLN supplements. No one has shown that they help (except GLN's profit margins), but we are seeing folks with lockout issues from the amounts they provide.
Thanks, @InTheShed . I've been paying attention and I'm now up in the air about the supplements. I've decided to use them on one plant only and then only at half strength. And guess which plant gets to be the guinea pig? :Rasta:

Hello growers!

I gave the Chocolate Skunk (day 8) her first full watering. She took 2.5 liters in a 5 gallon pot.

Topped the Purple Lemonade at node 4.

I'm having a snooze-fest growing these girls with Mega Crop! So far, there has just not been a lot to do or think about. But today, I finally have something to ponder!

Since I did not top my Dark Devil (I now wish I had), she's grown way taller than her tentmates. I've already raised my light about 6 inches to accommodate the DD, and I think I'll need to raise it a bit more soon. That means I need to elevate my two short girls and, of course, the baby. So I need to come up with a cheap, low-tech solution for this issue. (When this happened with my hydro grows I'd just stack books under the buckets as needed. But I don't want to use books with these fabric pots.)

My brain is so pleased to have this opportunity to serve that it has been racing since given the assignment!

I will probably ponder about this for at least a day before I go buy some of those milk crate thingys with the holes in them.

Other suggestions anyone?

Group Jan 30.JPG

Bricks, scrap 2x4, pieces of styrofoam from stuff we buy, cardboard boxes with a piece of saran wrap on top...
We think a lot alike, @InTheShed ! All low-tech and cheap suggestions. :Rasta:

Until now, I've only used a fabric pot with one plant. And that one sat flat in a baking pan. I don't think that was so good for the plant. I want to keep air circulation around the bottom of these pots. I want them to have help drying out at the bottom. That's why I was leaning toward milk crates. I think, but don't know for sure, that the intake fan I have positioned at the bottom of my tent aids in drying the bottoms.

But when I get lucky (I think this might be the 6th time in my life), I GET lucky!

There is a big store (Kmart) nearby that's going out of business. Not only are they trying to sell all of their merchandise, but they're trying to sell off all their other stuff. So when all of the 32 ounce sodas were sold, they put the beverage carriers they sat in on sale...cheap. They are full of holes.

I scored 6 of them for $3 and of course, they're stackable. Just what I needed! :Rasta:

The down side, I don't expect to get lucky for another 8 to 10 years.

beverage carriers.JPG

If we never hear from you again, we'll know why! :high-five:
I kinda' doubt that @InTheShed ! If I came into a load of money, I'd expand my "operations" and likely get on everyone's nerves with too many posts. The joy I get from growing these plants (which I've been paying a lot of money for during much of my life) cannot be replaced by money.

Besides, I'm already loaded! Didn't you notice I quickly I addressed the issue I was having and went out and spent the $3 to solve it? That's not the sign of a poor person. :Rasta:

The BCE plan has been implemented. (The acronym is meant to appeal to the hi-tech growers. It stands for 'Beverage Carrier Elevator'.)

So my light proximity issues have been somewhat mitigated. The set up is still not ideal, but because my BCEs are stackable, I can change the heights around as needed. And drainage/air circulation are supported by the holes.

Tending to that issue was fun! I guess it's back to twiddling my thumbs, for a while (hopefully). :Rasta:

I'll spend the rest of the day thinking about what I'll do first when I win the lottery this evening.

P1020801.JPG

Later!

I'll spend the rest of the day thinking about what I'll do first when I win the lottery this evening.
lol, I do plenty of dreaming around that too. This weekend if I win I'm taking a long trip down south. Last weekend when I didn't win I had to cancel my plans for a long trip down south. It probably would have been cheaper by now to have just bought a flight :)

lol, I do plenty of dreaming around that too. This weekend if I win I'm taking a long trip down south. Last weekend when I didn't win I had to cancel my plans for a long trip down south. It probably would have been cheaper by now to have just bought a flight :)
@MrSauga I don't typically play the lottery, but I did today because @InTheShed predicted luck for me (though he didn't predict it would come today). I played 2 lotteries. One is worth $40 million and the other sits at $155 million.

If I win, I will make @InTheShed a very happy man! Then we'll see if we ever hear from him again! :Rasta:

Good luck brutha! I'd bet you'd be the first big lotto winner here at the mag! :goodluck:
@MrSauga at least the first to let it be known! :Rasta: Can you imagine my inbox if I won?

Much appreciated GDB! If I didn't have to work I could spend even more time on here :).

:goodluck:
I will deliver your gift in person, and try to sample everything you have while I'm there. :Rasta:

I would lay out all the jars for you, along with a clean pipe to go with each one. Of course, I'd do the same for you if you just stopped by without winning. :high-five:

Maybe without all the clean pipes...
@InTheShed Crying laughing!

Back
Top Bottom