day two flowering and looking for advice

BigSmoker1275

Alright everyone!! Started flowering two days ago!! I'm super excited and looking for advice. Did a little research on scrog but sure if I should do it also is it okay to defoliate/ trim during flowering ?

I was trimming during veg but they grow like weeds!! Wasn't sure on scrog... Its my first grow... :-( and thanks you!! Pigeons!

I was trimming during veg but they grow like weeds!! Wasn't sure on scrog... Its my first grow... :-( and thanks you!! Pigeons!

In general SCROG is started in VEG. I feel its mainly used to maximize your canopy with a low plant count. You will have to figure out the amount of work/space to SCROG the number of plants you plan on growing.

Most likely you would need to build a PVC set up around your grow area. From what I can see it looks like you have 4 plants in 2 bins. You could always build a SCROG for 4 plants and compare the yield to your other plants.

There are people that defoliate during flower. I tried it once. I am not sold on it yet but I am not an expert on the subject either.

I would suggest just keeping it simple this grow. Starting planning a SCROG build for your next grow. Grow the same strains and then you can compare the yields.

In the mean time practice taking clones. Try some LST/HST. LST is started in VEG as well. HST may be more appropriate now to manage some crazy offshoots that stretch and to potential open up the canopy to lower buds in certain situations.

Honestly your plants look great! Pretty equal canopy. They have plenty of light.

Just sit back and enjoy watching them grow :)

Did some LST during veg that's how I got my canopy even so far but their is still some smaller growth under the canopy that light doesn't reach. Thank you scar I hope they keep being heathly.

Your plants look wonderful. If your going to continue with this strain like cloning them, I'd suggest you prep next grow to setup for SCROG. I used to fill a 2ft x 4ft screen with just 2- AK47 cuts.. The strain your running would be just perfect for stretching out onto a screen and would allow you to feed these lower bud sites up thru all the holes. What I'd recommend right now is staking all your shoots out at a slight angle and once they begin to bud up more seriously then remove the lowest growth and small tiny bud sites as this will allow your plant to concentrate all of its energy on the larger upper buds. In the end you'll be much happier doing this. Some call it Lollipopping but that usually entails removing almost half the lower branch and I'd not recommend that on these lovely ladies. Also, check your PH as you've got a wee bit of leaf curl "clawing" in your new leaf and this can be from your PH being slightly to acidic. for the most part they look awesome. luck

The first 2 weeks of flower you will see the most action. Do what you can to avoid that first stretch. You should stay with the MH bulb for the first 2 weeks as it will help avoid some stretch. After that inevitable stretch takes place make the switch to your HPS. (normally 2 weeks) Some pruning, topping, FIM'n is fine for the early stages of flower. (this too will help slow plant growth and minimize any stretch.) I am a big fan of Defoliating! There are some who will argue this technique but it has worked well for me. I normally defol. during veg and flower. Just before flipping I always defol. this also helps with the stretch. Again about 2 weeks into flower I will defol. again. From then on I defol. as needed. If it looks to busy and buds are shaded in any way I defoliate. Be sure to keep the light as close as possible. I am certainly not a professional grower but these things have worked for me and I hope they give you something to think about or help. Good Luck! The plants look GREAT and I'm sure you will be happy come harvest time! Keep us posted...

Yep. Like everyone else I think your plants look great. :thumb:

I've been putting the screen on my plants at the time when I move them into the flowering room, because I don't want to deal with moving them screen and all. Before that plenty of lst, etc. It's been working fine for me - I can't think of any reason not to do it that way and I've noticed others on this forum doing it this way too. I aim to have them about 60% or more filling the screens when I put it on, which is about what I can manage for the screen size I have anyway. (Tying the branches down to the pot can only get me so far in spreading them out before I'm out of options with the tying down method) It does take a little time to build yourself some sort of screen system. You could always try it on one plant if you're interested in feeling it out. I like it, it's fun spreading those plants out, like some sort of cannabis puzzle game.

Thank you everyone, I have three small seedlings that are only a few weeks old and needs to transplant lol I'm thinking about screening them. Hopefully the plants stay healthy and I'll dial back on the base to raise the pH. I have seen the crawling but wasn't sure if that was the reason and it seemed to only do it on one major plant. So far were rocking and rolling!

Day four update and holy god!! One of them is so green and purplish a little!! Thinking from a good chilled night. A/c was left on over night and temps got done to 72 degrees

IMG_20150425_075853181_HDR.jpg

I believe it's more important for the buds to get light than the leaves, so some defol would help imo. If you pull off a few leaves each day that are blocking bud sites you should see better growth and a little more yield. Be aware that removing a lot of leaves will lower your humidity a bit too

Back
Top Bottom