Alrighty folks, little update for ya!
Things have been in the calm stages, waiting for some size gain on the girls. I feel like days go by and they don't need me at all, then some days I catch myself investing hours upon hours into my tent time.

Winnie:
Just had a haircut yesterday, beautiful light exposure now. New growth coming nice and symmetrical as to be expected with her topping.

BAKky:
Also had a haircut yesterday. She was fimmed instead of topped so her growth is still very lettuce-like on top. Trimmed some fan leaves and accidentally chopped into one of her new tops and had to finish cutting it off, so now it'll just be maintaining even more new growth. She reminds me of a Hydra that's seen a battle or two lol, scary amount of new heads on this girl! Teehee..

Willow:
Flowering beautifully, pistils almost look like they're very slightly yellowing, gonna keep an eye. I removed her plant tie because she's bushing out over the side a bit, I want her to stand a little straighter now.

Cyce:
New growth is healthy, happy, and finally back on track.

Kolbi:
The little cheese that could is growing steadily, working on node 4, then I'll chop it off! Gonna top this one too.

The 4 new autos:
Growing super duper fast!! OMgersh.... I love it! The yellowing has stopped, that Rockwool retains much more water than I gave it credit for so I've started basing my watering on weight instead of feeling moisture.

Uploading some pictures shortly!

Update:

Winnie got tied down today to expose all her nodes, she's growing absolutely beautifully!

0903181413_HDR.jpg

Today in the tent...

Willow (Bagseed) - is flowering still, and doing very well. Since she was my bagseed I have absolutely no idea how long I'm in for flowering so it'll be a good chance to learn to judge by physical signs vs. using a chart that gives you a general idea of how long to expect flowering to last.

Winnie (Honey Cream) - is responding very well to being tied, new growth is popping up at her nodes and I'm just keeping the leaves pulled out of the way to avoid trimming anymore so soon.

BAKky (AK-47) - is growing steadily, but still in her awkward post-fimming stage.

Kolbi (Cheese) - is growing steadily, though slow in comparison to the fast strains growing alongside her. My one little cheese that could is looking great though. Since being topped new growth has started emerging slowly at her nodes.

The autos (Green Crack, LSD-25, Kryptonite, & Amnesia Gold) - are growing super duper fast and doing great since the pH issues were resolved! I believe I could sit and watch these gals grow in real-time!

Lol, it does feel like that with autos. After about week 6 sometimes it looks like they'll never finish in time but then they seem to just pack on all this weight and change colour over night. Everyday there can be really noticeable difference. I want to see how your green crack does. I've only grown the HSO version and I was really happy with it. It was very light green with bright orange hairs and was a really firm and rugged plant. When it was dried it had really dusty crystals that rubbed off onto my fingers and got everywhere. Had a nice sour almost vinegar and skunk taste. The high was strong and pretty balanced. You could work, chat and sleep :)

Lol, it does feel like that with autos. After about week 6 sometimes it looks like they'll never finish in time but then they seem to just pack on all this weight and change colour over night. Everyday there can be really noticeable difference. I want to see how your green crack does. I've only grown the HSO version and I was really happy with it. It was very light green with bright orange hairs and was a really firm and rugged plant. When it was dried it had really dusty crystals that rubbed off onto my fingers and got everywhere. Had a nice sour almost vinegar and skunk taste. The high was strong and pretty balanced. You could work, chat and sleep :)
Oh I'm so excited about the green crack! It's my favorite daytime strain so far. The GC is growing faster than any of the other ones and so far, in the identical environment as the others, has been the healthiest/fastest throughout the seedling stage.

She'll be fine. I allowed my res to get too low again yesterday and I'm not sure exactly when it ran out but by lights out they looked pretty droopy. Don't worry they are little soldier's, they can handle it
Much appreciated words of encouragement my friend. I think it hit me hard cause she's been a superstar the while time with no issues until now.

I'm glad you jumped in though prof, cause I'm trying to decide whether it's a good idea to top my autos or just lst... What did you do on yours?

With mine i just used the net to bend down the main stem and try to keep them a similar height as the side branches. They did continue to stretch though and grew taller than I had intended. I have topped autos before but the results were mixed. Some continued as if they were like vegging photo plants but others grew very small. What I've noticed with some autos is that they have a massive central cola but very small side branching. If you remove that central cola then you get left with only the small side branching. This doesn't apply to all autos though but you can't tell how they are going to grow until there quite far into there life. Some people have great success with it though and I to have a couple of times. It's one of those I'm afraid. It's up to you. But my personal opinion would be to bend down the central cola. There is less risk. Hope that helps a little and never beat yourself up. Everyday is a school day and mistakes are how we learn to be better :)
Much appreciated words of encouragement my friend. I think it hit me hard cause she's been a superstar the while time with no issues until now.

I'm glad you jumped in though prof, cause I'm trying to decide whether it's a good idea to top my autos or just lst... What did you do on yours?

With mine i just used the net to bend down the main stem and try to keep them a similar height as the side branches. They did continue to stretch though and grew taller than I had intended. I have topped autos before but the results were mixed. Some continued as if they were like vegging photo plants but others grew very small. What I've noticed with some autos is that they have a massive central cola but very small side branching. If you remove that central cola then you get left with only the small side branching. This doesn't apply to all autos though but you can't tell how they are going to grow until there quite far into there life. Some people have great success with it though and I to have a couple of times. It's one of those I'm afraid. It's up to you. But my personal opinion would be to bend down the central cola. There is less risk. Hope that helps a little and never beat yourself up. Everyday is a school day and mistakes are how we learn to be better :)
Fantastic feedback, and it really belief solidify some research I've done on the topic. I really, really appreciate you giving such a detailed answer and sharing your personal experience. As always prof you're awesome and I'm glad you're here with me on this.
:high-five:

Alrighty... So, I've got a screen to use after the autos grow a little but more. I'm going to plant their rockwool starter cubes into soil in their final pots either today or tomorrow. I was considering doing some intentional stretching between the nodes with a cfl setup just far enough away to make them reach a little bit, just to space out the nodes for being tied down. @ProfessorFlora , or anybody else have any input/experience with this?

Alrighty... So, I've got a screen to use after the autos grow a little but more. I'm going to plant their rockwool starter cubes into soil in their final pots either today or tomorrow. I was considering doing some intentional stretching between the nodes with a cfl setup just far enough away to make them reach a little bit, just to space out the nodes for being tied down. @ProfessorFlora , or anybody else have any input/experience with this?
I've not had any experience with this I'm afraid. I would use warm cfl if I was to try it though. One thing that i think may be an issue is that the main light that your using may draw the branches towards it rather than towards the cfls. It may work though :)

I've not had any experience with this I'm afraid. I would use warm cfl if I was to try it though. One thing that i think may be an issue is that the main light that your using may draw the branches towards it rather than towards the cfls. It may work though :)
Yeah I had a situation with willow early on with that kind of setup. The leaves ended up growing in an awkward, kinda confused manner lol.
If I do it this time I'll pull then out of the tent and put them in the closet.

Yeah I had a situation with willow early on with that kind of setup. The leaves ended up growing in an awkward, kinda confused manner lol.
If I do it this time I'll pull then out of the tent and put them in the closet.
good call on putting them in there final pots soon. Give those roots some time to spread out :)

Back
Top Bottom