DeeBeeBees GSC Photo Grow Q4 2022

Nice, and if you slide the clear cups into solid color ones, roots will want to grow closer to the edge and unwanted things, like algae won't get a chance to catch on so much.
I don't know right from wrong when it comes to factual light hanging parameters. This is how I hand mine. There's about 6 or 8 inches from the light to the tent and it hits all the area well.
1668867145162.png

Ah! I bought clear to see the roots but yep makes sense, light being not meant to be down there! I see my life in a moment involves a roll of gaffer/duct tape and wrapping of plastic cups! After the F1 qualifying that's going to be my quick fix! 😆 Oh! They're Bee's so yeah its in her near future so double 😆😆

I didn't even realise you had such amazing lights on top of everything else @DeeBeeBee - Be very interested to see your results under them mate!

I've invested in an FC4800 and a new 4x4 tent ready to implement a proper veg/flower tent cycle after my first autos, I was definitely tempted by the FC6500 so I'm curious to see your results using the highest wattage leds of the range. I know your grow space can accomodate this kinda power though :D

Meh somehow a rubbish couple of days not sure why! England scoring 6 goals last night was fun.

Some updates and lessons learned.

We’re never planting straight into coco/perlite again. Or paper then coco. Transplanted the GSC’s into some soil/peat mix and we’ll get 8. Not a great return. 5 seeds didn’t pop at all across two methods which happens I guess.

This was yesterday. Look better today but they’re BeeBee’s for now.

New Co2 Reg arrived and its 10x better, just to touch. I’d say you get what you pay for but on Lazada you don’t know until it arrives and was basically the same price - but bought from a grow shop mini site.

My wife pruned and pruned hard today on the BB’s. They’ve grown about an inch in 8 hours since so seems ok? They look like a Christmas tree in the middle of January though 😅

Have some special seeds coming soon from a friend. I’m not sure customs didn’t mess with my originals. They weren’t “stealth” at all. Lying on top of the swag they were shipped with and so much tape round the box it was hard to say what was original. BUT - we def killed some that popped so no excuses there.

DeeBeeBee

Huh,

You live and you learn, was learning all about EC yesterday, my mate's favourite metric. So testing the water in as ever I learnt that Ph on the 1st floor is higher than *some bits of the ground floor (2nd floor and 1st floor to those of you in North America)

We have a well that feeds the swimming pool and a tank under the garage, which bizarrely feeds one water "circuit" on the ground floor. That then pumps to a bigger tank on the roof which in turn does another circuit on the ground level for reasons that elude me, Ph 6 downstairs and Ph 6.4 upstairs. I can guess why and it means a clean of the tanks. There was a drought here before we bought the place and the tenants the owner/architects had just ran the tanks dry. Its like $10USD to get a full tanker to come and fill the ground level tank but they didn't so last year had to replace basically every tap/faucet in the house plus some pipes as they bust O Rings due to dark muddy particles.

I hadn't watered from upsatirs in a while so hadn't seen it.

Oh well.... 😆

Meh somehow a rubbish couple of days not sure why! England scoring 6 goals last night was fun.

Some updates and lessons learned.

We’re never planting straight into coco/perlite again. Or paper then coco. Transplanted the GSC’s into some soil/peat mix and we’ll get 8. Not a great return. 5 seeds didn’t pop at all across two methods which happens I guess.

This was yesterday. Look better today but they’re BeeBee’s for now.

New Co2 Reg arrived and its 10x better, just to touch. I’d say you get what you pay for but on Lazada you don’t know until it arrives and was basically the same price - but bought from a grow shop mini site.

My wife pruned and pruned hard today on the BB’s. They’ve grown about an inch in 8 hours since so seems ok? They look like a Christmas tree in the middle of January though 😅

Have some special seeds coming soon from a friend. I’m not sure customs didn’t mess with my originals. They weren’t “stealth” at all. Lying on top of the swag they were shipped with and so much tape round the box it was hard to say what was original. BUT - we def killed some that popped so no excuses there.

DeeBeeBee
Sorry about the seeds Amigo. :rolleyes:
Not your fault.
I soak mine 18 hr in water with 10% h2o .
Very effective, but I use @Herbies Seeds that might be why I'm so lucky popping beans.
Don't think I have had a dud yet.
If I asked my wife Stacey to prune a plant she would burst out laughing.
She helps trim but doesn't go near the gardens.
She wouldn't know what to trim unless it's ready to dry.
Glad England is doing well.
Take care my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

OK Co2 I’m 90% happy with.

I have new sensors that seem more reliable but not wifi 🤦🏻‍♂️ I need wifi because you go in an enclosed space with Co2 levels too high already its not good!

But the new reg is very good, amazing compared to the first one. Road testing until lights out in an hour or so.

I have it on the lowest setting, one bubble per 15 seconds or so. Outside the Co2 sensor reads ~450 or so. This is background normal. Inside the tent the otherside of the plants it fluctuates between 1100-1400. This is about the sweet spot BUT obviously I’m opening the door to visually check the sensor so its not ideal.

The next test is how long is the tank going to last?

DeeBeeBee

Sorry about the seeds Amigo. :rolleyes:
Not your fault.
I soak mine 18 hr in water with 10% h2o .
Very effective, but I use @Herbies Seeds that might be why I'm so lucky popping beans.
Don't think I have had a dud yet.
If I asked my wife Stacey to prune a plant she would burst out laughing.
She helps trim but doesn't go near the gardens.
She wouldn't know what to trim unless it's ready to dry.
Glad England is doing well.
Take care my friend.

Stay safe
Haha so much my fault in that!

BeeBee wanted to soak them (they were also from Herbies Seeds) She is the horticulturist so I trusted her fingers to snip using Herbies brand snippers! But I attach no blame on @Herbies Seeds - I think they potentially got messed with by customs here 🤷🏽

F1 is over and the WC begins. Have something to occupy my mind over worrying about mistakes I’ve made!

Thanks as ever Bill,

DeeBeeBee

Busy day of sorts - the quote is in to convert the room to a dedicated grow room and I like it, I like it a lot! Even my wife likes it so it must be cheap! She doesn't know about the dedicated in ceiling dehumidifier I bought today yet though 😆 GSC, maybe we'll get 9 but here are the 7 we have right now. all repotted to peaty soil, will go to coco in a a week I guess. Just watered and a bit too much I reckon.

Some weird shapes going on. Anyone got an opinion - they were planted 11/11 and popped 3 days later, apart from one which is the same size after just 7 days from paper germination.

Other stuff going on Co2 is fascinating me. Had 3" growth in 24 hours from Angus and Merry (Bruce Banner trainers 14 days in flower) after they got a mega pruning yesterday morning. They're taking 3L a day and the runoff is Ph5.8, EC 2.8, temp is 30c's but Rh is hitting 80% overnight - seriously the dehumidifier can't come soon enough. These are the test babies for the GSC's and overall setup. But the Co2 tank is gone after 24 hours despite switching it to 1.5 hours on/off. Its ok its $3.50 a tank, I just want it to last a week - the place to start is with the dispersion system as lots its going to waste.

Angus looks a bit like a Christmas tree on New Years Day but seems like he'll get some flower. 34" tall now - 31" 28 hours ago, tomorrow we're going to do some training, we have quite a lot of space above, they can nearly double before harvest as they have loads of space as nothing above the light on that side of the tent but seems better to learn about how best to support them as the training wheels.

Also been in touch with @Mars Hydro in Thailand AND US/China and got some answers to my light conundrums. Although not quite consistent between the offices!

The tank of C02 will run out I reckon by lights out. Be very interesting to see how growth compares tomorrow without it. having watched the Bruce Bugbee videos I'm convinced in the warmer natural weather we have here if I can get a decent dispersal system the cost of the C02 will more than offset the cost of cooling and moisture extraction. I've ordered an Inkbird digital system which was 80% cheaper than the price in the UK as shipped direct from factory.

Fun times - and just typing all the above makes me feel I have a handle on what I'm doing (less killing seeds/seedlings 😢)

DeeBeeBee

PS - BeeBee been busy - not covered the pots with tape yet.... I haven’t plucked up the courage to ask yet.... :D

Busy day of sorts - the quote is in to convert the room to a dedicated grow room and I like it, I like it a lot! Even my wife likes it so it must be cheap! She doesn't know about the dedicated in ceiling dehumidifier I bought today yet though 😆 GSC, maybe we'll get 9 but here are the 7 we have right now. all repotted to peaty soil, will go to coco in a a week I guess. Just watered and a bit too much I reckon.

Some weird shapes going on. Anyone got an opinion - they were planted 11/11 and popped 3 days later, apart from one which is the same size after just 7 days from paper germination.

Other stuff going on Co2 is fascinating me. Had 3" growth in 24 hours from Angus and Merry (Bruce Banner trainers 14 days in flower) after they got a mega pruning yesterday morning. They're taking 3L a day and the runoff is Ph5.8, EC 2.8, temp is 30c's but Rh is hitting 80% overnight - seriously the dehumidifier can't come soon enough. These are the test babies for the GSC's and overall setup. But the Co2 tank is gone after 24 hours despite switching it to 1.5 hours on/off. Its ok its $3.50 a tank, I just want it to last a week - the place to start is with the dispersion system as lots its going to waste.

Angus looks a bit like a Christmas tree on New Years Day but seems like he'll get some flower. 34" tall now - 31" 28 hours ago, tomorrow we're going to do some training, we have quite a lot of space above, they can nearly double before harvest as they have loads of space as nothing above the light on that side of the tent but seems better to learn about how best to support them as the training wheels.

Also been in touch with @Mars Hydro in Thailand AND US/China and got some answers to my light conundrums. Although not quite consistent between the offices!

The tank of C02 will run out I reckon by lights out. Be very interesting to see how growth compares tomorrow without it. having watched the Bruce Bugbee videos I'm convinced in the warmer natural weather we have here if I can get a decent dispersal system the cost of the C02 will more than offset the cost of cooling and moisture extraction. I've ordered an Inkbird digital system which was 80% cheaper than the price in the UK as shipped direct from factory.

Fun times - and just typing all the above makes me feel I have a handle on what I'm doing (less killing seeds/seedlings 😢)

DeeBeeBee

PS - BeeBee been busy - not covered the pots with tape yet.... I haven’t plucked up the courage to ask yet.... :D
Do you have any solo cups you can slide over the clear ones?
Roots don't like light.
We cover them to keep them dark.
You want to grow the roots to the outside of the cup asap.
Looking good though.
Take care.

#Love What You Grow

Do you have any solo cups you can slide over the clear ones?
Roots don't like light.
We cover them to keep them dark.
You want to grow the roots to the outside of the cup asap.
Looking good though.
Take care.

#Love What You Grow
Yep @StoneOtter mentioned it - BeeBee is on it as division of labour and all!

DeeBeeBee

Work has been really quiet this week and it doesn't suit me! I get lazy and bored... Few little bits today. Ordered some red solo cups - never see them here but always loved the look. But my wife is a smart woman, she put together the below this evening:

Ah Lazada.com -when you have stuff in your basket it seems in Firefox (which I only use for all things growing related) defaults to buy everything in the basket rather than 1 at time. So I've ordered an Inkbird ICC-500T Co2 Controller and some Grove bags by mistake. Honestly a mistake but BeeBee is never going to believe me 😆 But I watched a really good 15 minute video by a Canadian grower on the setup and it will work with the reg I have already and it uses a more reliable method of testing for Co2. I'm into day 3 nearly and the tank is still going strong using 1.5 hours on/off for 12 hours a day. This is fine, Co2 is really cheap ($3USD) and cheaper than running the AC to try and get temps down further. They threw in a free Inkbird Temp/Hygro Wifi too so its ok, I guess (She'll think I paid more for that too!)

Below the Bruce Banners seem to be going along, day 15 since 12/12. All params seem good and they look healthy in terms of leaf colour. Humidity still a bit high overnight but going to be two weeks until I can do anything about that for the long term.

This looks promising?

Angus more straggly.

Anyway we continue. Should have the new "facility" ready in maybe 10 days, for now the babies just going to have to grow a little.

DeeBeeBee

Work has been really quiet this week and it doesn't suit me! I get lazy and bored... Few little bits today. Ordered some red solo cups - never see them here but always loved the look. But my wife is a smart woman, she put together the below this evening:

Ah Lazada.com -when you have stuff in your basket it seems in Firefox (which I only use for all things growing related) defaults to buy everything in the basket rather than 1 at time. So I've ordered an Inkbird ICC-500T Co2 Controller and some Grove bags by mistake. Honestly a mistake but BeeBee is never going to believe me 😆 But I watched a really good 15 minute video by a Canadian grower on the setup and it will work with the reg I have already and it uses a more reliable method of testing for Co2. I'm into day 3 nearly and the tank is still going strong using 1.5 hours on/off for 12 hours a day. This is fine, Co2 is really cheap ($3USD) and cheaper than running the AC to try and get temps down further. They threw in a free Inkbird Temp/Hygro Wifi too so its ok, I guess (She'll think I paid more for that too!)

Below the Bruce Banners seem to be going along, day 15 since 12/12. All params seem good and they look healthy in terms of leaf colour. Humidity still a bit high overnight but going to be two weeks until I can do anything about that for the long term.

This looks promising?

Angus more straggly.

Anyway we continue. Should have the new "facility" ready in maybe 10 days, for now the babies just going to have to grow a little.

DeeBeeBee
Where do you order everything from over there?
May sound stupid but does Amazon deliver there?
Or another company.
I'll set up Co2 eventually, just want to pop some beans. :rofl:
Don't need Co2 until they get going, hehe.
Take care.

#Love What You Grow

Its like a cross between Amazon and Alibaba (Alibaba is more direct from factory in China) started by a German guy for SE Asia.

Amazon.com does deliver but even before shipping and customs its more expensive. Shipping even from China for big stuff is never more than $2-3USD no customs as its either from a Thai warehouse or China is part of the same economic zone. A lot of factory "seconds" too. Football/Soccer shirts for $5 direct out the Nike/Puma/Addidas factory. Near perfect when they get to you, not counterfeit, maybe the label says Large and its been changed to Medium with a second label on top.

The C02 controller I paid $100USD for and the cheapest on Amazon was $160USD I think. Its made in Shenzhen in southern China. 200 Solo cups, next day delivery? Nearly free!

Best bit is every vendor does Cash on Delivery so hard to get ripped off, if I'm not sure I open and test before letting the delivery guy leave.

Its addictive 🤣

DeeBeeBee

Its like a cross between Amazon and Alibaba (Alibaba is more direct from factory in China) started by a German guy for SE Asia.

Amazon.com does deliver but even before shipping and customs its more expensive. Shipping even from China for big stuff is never more than $2-3USD no customs as its either from a Thai warehouse or China is part of the same economic zone. A lot of factory "seconds" too. Football/Soccer shirts for $5 direct out the Nike/Puma/Addidas factory. Near perfect when they get to you, not counterfeit, maybe the label says Large and its been changed to Medium with a second label on top.

The C02 controller I paid $100USD for and the cheapest on Amazon was $160USD I think. Its made in Shenzhen in southern China. 200 Solo cups, next day delivery? Nearly free!

Best bit is every vendor does Cash on Delivery so hard to get ripped off, if I'm not sure I open and test before letting the delivery guy leave.

Its addictive 🤣

DeeBeeBee
If I made the Amazon guy wait while I opened the packages, he would never come back.
He barely get in park before the box comes flying out and he is gone.
They don't get much per delivery so they are always in a big rush.
But that's a great way to do it.
200 solo cups I like your optimism. :thumb:
Starting a nursery?
I couldn't guess at the language in that link.
Can you read it?
Talk soon.

#Love What You Grow

200 solo cups I like your optimism. :thumb:
Starting a nursery?
I couldn't guess at the language in that link.
Can you read it?
Talk soon.

#Love What You Grow
I love the design - a bar here had solid ceramic ones for pints during lockdown that were beautiful. They'll get used around the pool if nothing else - but I think they were like $2 delivered per 100 😆

Its Thai, I can read about three words, "Thai" - useful setting up a new TV or phone so I can see how to put it in English, the province name, its good to know if the lunactic driving in front of me is local or from elsewhere! And my wife's Thai name. The alphabet is about 38 letters and 12 vowels. You learn them (Thai kids as well as late learners) by lettersis the first consonant (about as far as I've got!) you learn by calling it a chicken (slightly looks like a bird head) pronounced "gai" - "Gai" is chicken in most SE Asian languages. But then chicken written in Thai is ไก่ ?!! I should get back to learning it. When you know the alphabet it becomes much easier apparently, but with a Thai wife its harder because she'll either jump in or correct me constantly!

Hope you had a a great day yesterday - or was Turkey day last month for you?

Stay warm!

DeeBeeBee

I love the design - a bar here had solid ceramic ones for pints during lockdown that were beautiful. They'll get used around the pool if nothing else - but I think they were like $2 delivered per 100 😆

Its Thai, I can read about three words, "Thai" - useful setting up a new TV or phone so I can see how to put it in English, the province name, its good to know if the lunactic driving in front of me is local or from elsewhere! And my wife's Thai name. The alphabet is about 38 letters and 12 vowels. You learn them (Thai kids as well as late learners) by lettersis the first consonant (about as far as I've got!) you learn by calling it a chicken (slightly looks like a bird head) pronounced "gai" - "Gai" is chicken in most SE Asian languages. But then chicken written in Thai is ไก่ ?!! I should get back to learning it. When you know the alphabet it becomes much easier apparently, but with a Thai wife its harder because she'll either jump in or correct me constantly!

Hope you had a a great day yesterday - or was Turkey day last month for you?

Stay warm!

DeeBeeBee
Yes in Canada we had it a month ago, but thank you.
It looks like something you would see on a space ship.
Very unique writing.
Hope everything is going well today my friend.
Take care.

#Love What You Grow

Was trying to get an hours nap before the 2am England game, just dozing off and mind wandering and my mate calls me to check I was awake for the game that started in an hour. But as I woke up I realised I may have had a pretty good idea.

Co2 and more importantly delivering it is something I’ve been reading, watching and planning about for a couple of weeks - I keep keep temp and humidity higher and lights closer with a solid 1300ppm - cheaper than electricty and increased yields.

This was my first setup, the reg was rubbish but I’m still using that orange fishing rod to deliver it. I’m now a full 5 days off the same 13KG/30lb tank and the two plants receiving it have gone crazy with growth and buds. But I’ve found it really hard to get ideas for dispersing it (reg and controller I have a handle on) There are pipes you can prick holes in, inflatable pipes you can buy and no real videos apart froma guy that just blasts it out the end of a pipe behind a fan in his room.

I give you my MK2 Dispersal System to hang between the light bars over the lights:

An aquarium air rock. Going to give it a go tomorrow (with a new one - that was in a box of spares) But it seems like a mist of Co2 bubbles above the plants that falls is exactly what it should provide, carbon dioxide being heavier than air and all that. By using a Y joint and keeping the pipe lengths the same I can also have two (or more) locations for dispersal as the tent gets bigger.

Now for the game…

DeeBeeBee

Back
Top Bottom