Deficiency or something else?

Timhomegrow

Hi 420 friends

I'm growing in soil with Geoflora. One of my plants is losing color up top and I'm not sure the cause or how to correct....any advice?

Strain: Godfather OG
Soil: FFoF
Nutes: geoflora
Light: Mars hydro TS3000 (450 wat) at 100%

Last watering I did add 5 ml of terpinator, not sure if that is the culprit. Watering every 3 days. Also, I have been battling fungus gnats, perhaps the culprit too?

I just flipped to flower and Geoflora bloom as well.

20220523_125515.jpg
20220523_125427.jpg

20220523_125420.jpg

Full tent for comparison. Godfather OG on left and GSC on right
20220523_125258.jpg

looks like multi element deficiencies... I see possible calcium, iron and potassium deficiencies showing in the leaves. Are you applying the suggested amount of geoflora every two weeks? When did you give the first BLOOM product? If just recently, I would say give it 2 or 3 days to get the nutrients moving, and then re-evaluate. I do not recommend adding anything else, even the terpinator... everything the plants need should be coming in with the Geoflora.

looks like multi element deficiencies... I see possible calcium, iron and potassium deficiencies showing in the leaves. Are you applying the suggested amount of geoflora every two weeks? When did you give the first BLOOM product? If just recently, I would say give it 2 or 3 days to get the nutrients moving, and then re-evaluate. I do not recommend adding anything else, even the terpinator... everything the plants need should be coming in with the Geoflora.
I added the bloom nutes three days ago, and did the flip yesterday. I'm doing 2/3 cups based on 7 gal pots... although I probably have 6.5 gals of soil in there. I added the small amount of terpinator 3 days ago with the watering, thinking it needed a little K as I saw very early signs befire she got this washed out with color. Do you not do the Terpinator and massive bloom? Geoflora recommended it in their advanced feeding chart so I wanted to try it....but things never seem to go right when I do additives ha. I'm not "advanced " enough apparently :)

I added the bloom nutes three days ago, and did the flip yesterday. I'm doing 2/3 cups based on 7 gal pots... although I probably have 6.5 gals of soil in there. I added the small amount of terpinator 3 days ago with the watering, thinking it needed a little K as I saw very early signs befire she got this washed out with color. Do you not do the Terpinator and massive bloom? Geoflora recommended it in their advanced feeding chart so I wanted to try it....but things never seem to go right when I do additives ha. I'm not "advanced " enough apparently :)

Actually, this is the first I have seen of the Massive product and I didn't know that Geoflora was also actively promoting the use of Dynomyco and Terpinator too. I have just been using the basic Geoflora 2 part and occasionally would add Terpinator at the end, just because I have gallons of the stuff and need to use it. Now you have me excited and I want to try the Massive and Terpinator as they recommend.
Have you been adjusting the pH or doing anything that might harm the microbes? I know new microbes come in with each application of the Geoflora, so I pretty much ignore their care, and I even use chlorinated water. I would keep doing what you are doing and give the plants a few days to adjust to bloom... lets see what they look like after another watering.

Actually, this is the first I have seen of the Massive product and I didn't know that Geoflora was also actively promoting the use of Dynomyco and Terpinator too. I have just been using the basic Geoflora 2 part and occasionally would add Terpinator at the end, just because I have gallons of the stuff and need to use it. Now you have me excited and I want to try the Massive and Terpinator as they recommend.
Have you been adjusting the pH or doing anything that might harm the microbes? I know new microbes come in with each application of the Geoflora, so I pretty much ignore their care, and I even use chlorinated water. I would keep doing what you are doing and give the plants a few days to adjust to bloom... lets see what they look like after another watering.
As always thanks!! I'd like to see you try massive....I still may, but not now :)

I'm using tap water pH'd to 6.3-6.4.

Only thing different recently was using mosquito bits instead of SNS.

Would watering make difference with geo? The plant with the issue is Godfather OG, the other one has very early signs too. Both of them seem to drink alot!!! I'm watering all four (2 GSC) every three days and the Gidfather OG are noticeably lighter in weight. I've thought of going every 2 days here in flower now on them.

I added the bloom nutes three days ago, and did the flip yesterday. I'm doing 2/3 cups based on 7 gal pots... although I probably have 6.5 gals of soil in there. I added the ll amount of terpinator 3 days ago with the watering, thinking it needed a little K as I saw very early signs befire she got this washed out with color. Do you not do the Terpinator and massive bloom? Geoflora recommended it in their advanced feeding chart so I wanted to try it....but things never seem to go right when I do additives ha. I'm not "advanced " enough apparently :)
Something to remember, and it’s not well known, nursery pots are measured in “trade gallons”, a one gallon pot is only actually ,71 gallons, a 10 gallon pot is 7.1 gallons. It’s important when figuring out nutes, easy to add to much.

Something to remember, and it’s not well known, nursery pots are measured in “trade gallons”, a one gallon pot is only actually ,71 gallons, a 10 gallon pot is 7.1 gallons. It’s important when figuring out nutes, easy to add to much.
Whenever my friends across the pond talk about teaspoon per gallon etc I habitually try to do the mental arithmetic
US Gallon 3.78L - 1 tsp is approx 5g or 5ml, so 1.32ml/L, right?
I hated decimalization at school, then the metric system came along too, but I have to say it's a bugger site easier in ml/L since conversion rates are largely approximate and often quite a way out
Now you say pots are 0.71 US Gallons of stated size - Jeez...
So 10 US Gallons is 37.8L x 0.71 = 26.8L or 5.89 UK Gallons
However, the difference between 3.78L and 4.55L is only approx 20%, but the difference between 5.89 Gallons and 10 US Gallons calculates as much more than that - therein lies a discrepancy
I suspect the pots may originally be manufactured metric, multiplied by roughly 0.7 by an advertising exec to get US Gallons - I suppose 3 Gallons sounds better than just over 10 Litres lol

I suspect the pots may originally be manufactured metric, multiplied by roughly 0.7 by an advertising exec to get US Gallons - I suppose 3 Gallons sounds better than just over 10 Litres lol
It's a US nursery association measurement, makes no sense, but that's how they do it. It can become an issue when adding dry measurements, because you can overfertilize. If the instructions say 1 cup to 5 gallons, you have to know that your "5" gallon grow bag or pot only has 3.5 gallons of soil in it. A 7 gallon bag/pot is actually about 5 gallons (7 X .71).

It's a US nursery association measurement, makes no sense, but that's how they do it. It can become an issue when adding dry measurements, because you can overfertilize. If the instructions say 1 cup to 5 gallons, you have to know that your "5" gallon grow bag or pot only has 3.5 gallons of soil in it. A 7 gallon bag/pot is actually about 5 gallons (7 X .71).
Interesting. But I get the feed chart from the nute manufacturer and it's in gallons on their site and bag. Assuming their gallon is the same as the US nursery association gallon?

It's a US nursery association measurement, makes no sense, but that's how they do it.
Yep. Mass confusion. Just spent part of the last two hours looking this up on-line and felt like I was not getting anywhere.

But, you might have the answer to figuring out the why and how and the making some sense out of it when you mentioned that "a 10 gallon pot is 7.1 gallons".

The volume of a cubic foot of soil is equivalent to 7.5 gallons of water. Fill a #10 nursery pot up with 7.5 gallons of soil and it is up to the brim. Remove a bit so that there is a space at the top for the water to pool up instead of pouring over the side and it is going to be approx 7 gallons or close to the 7.1 gallons you mentioned.

Kinda makes sense since the nursery trade currently measures the volumes of soils, stones, wood chips, etc in cubic yards and not in how many liquid gallons that particular pile of materials would be equivalent to.

Same sort of thing when mixing up various recipes for super-soil. Using Coot's as an example it calls for mixing 1 part each of the compost, Perlite and peat moss. Then comes the calculating how many cubic feet in the pile before adding the other amendments.

Interesting. But I get the feed chart from the nute manufacturer and it's in gallons on their site and bag. Assuming their gallon is the same as the US nursery association gallon?
Good question, you'd almost have to ask the nute manufacturer whether they use trade gallons or actual gallons.

awesome stuff in the post the timing is perfect I did my first veg feeding lastnight I use 5 gal grow pro pots that has a raised center for air pruning I started with a 1/2 of cup I am cutting back to 1 /3 considering I have have 6qts of perlite in the mix not sure if that matters but I filled 4 "5gal" pots with 1 large bag of FFOF
awesome timing thx

Hi 420 friends

I'm growing in soil with Geoflora. One of my plants is losing color up top and I'm not sure the cause or how to correct....any advice?

Last watering I did add 5 ml of terpinator, not sure if that is the culprit. Watering every 3 days. Also, I have been battling fungus gnats, perhaps the culprit too?

20220523_125515.jpg
20220523_125427.jpg

20220523_125420.jpg

20220523_125258.jpg
Do.you use.micro nutrients

Hi 420 friends

20220523_125515.jpg
20220523_125427.jpg

20220523_125420.jpg

20220523_125258.jpg
sound like we have matching grows other than the strains Im using
TS 3000 (awesome light for 4x4 tent
Geo flora nutes
FFOF
Purpinator
Black Berry moonrocks & Black lebanon
I just got the out of the solo cup last night they will be going under a scrog net to. I'm sorry for you're issues But you convinced me to reducing 1/2 cup to 1/3 cup I had been using the FF trio and had all kinds of deficiencies that was the whole Idea of the Geo flora (man that stuff really stinks) I alway seem to have issue during the transition from veg to bloom I am following you and your journal I will be looking forward to your results I hope you have so many nice stinky sticky buds so many you complain about the trim lol
Best Of luck my friend and thank you for your helpful post
Savvage

Back
Top Bottom