Demonic Angel's 1500 Watt LED Ebb & Flow Attempt

Well I figured I would give it a run and see. Next will by my Dwc run lol I have plans, and after that one rdwc.

I'm curious how a RDWC compares to a DWC. I'm pretty sure it will be quicker at the start, but pretty redundant once the roots hit the nutes. I'm running two DWCs with 3 in each for the first time and I love how they're performing. I also have a top feed recirculating that's become a semi RDWC as the roots decided that the pot wasn't big enough and thought a permanent spa was what living was all about. Actually, the roots are behaving a bit weird as they've been climbing out of the pebbles and dancing all over the surface as well. Admittedly, had I known at the beginning what I now know, I would have used a bigger pot. This is supposed to be an auto that goes from zero to hero in 59 days, but she's on day 84 and day 29 of flower!

If I don't use my top feed in the next grow, I might just try a RDWC in one of the reservoirs and see the difference for myself.

Would be interesting to see the difference between the 2, im afraid mine will slow a little once they reach the bottom of the bucket and soak in solution.

I'm curious how a RDWC compares to a DWC. I'm pretty sure it will be quicker at the start, but pretty redundant once the roots hit the nutes. I'm running two DWCs with 3 in each for the first time and I love how they're performing. I also have a top feed recirculating that's become a semi RDWC as the roots decided that the pot wasn't big enough and thought a permanent spa was what living was all about. Actually, the roots are behaving a bit weird as they've been climbing out of the pebbles and dancing all over the surface as well. Admittedly, had I known at the beginning what I now know, I would have used a bigger pot. This is supposed to be an auto that goes from zero to hero in 59 days, but she's on day 84 and day 29 of flower!

If I don't use my top feed in the next grow, I might just try a RDWC in one of the reservoirs and see the difference for myself.
Well from what i understand is that it make things easier to manage because on a single system you have to do your small fillups and to have to check each bucket individually it would take more time. Same and cleaning them out where as rdwc you can drain them all at once through a res that is built on. I want to test them all and see how I do with each. The one I do best with naturally I'll stay with. Rdwc is really just a glorified Dwc system with an extra bucket for a res

Well from what i understand is that it make things easier to manage because on a single system you have to do your small fillups and to have to check each bucket individually it would take more time. Same and cleaning them out where as rdwc you can drain them all at once through a res that is built on. I want to test them all and see how I do with each. The one I do best with naturally I'll stay with. Rdwc is really just a glorified Dwc system with an extra bucket for a res

If you check out my journal, you'll see that I've taken a somewhat different approach to DWC. I have 2 10 gallon reservoirs with three girls in each and as for res changing and cleaning, thanks to Pennywise (although I'm sure he'd be as surprised as anyone else by what I did), I have only changed one of the reservoirs 2 times and the other 3 and never cleaned them out once This is detailed on the last page of my journal).

My idea for a RDWC would include using the nutes in the same reservoir to recirculate - another bucket makes zero sense.

If you check out my journal, you'll see that I've taken a somewhat different approach to DWC. I have 2 10 gallon reservoirs with three girls in each and as for res changing and cleaning, thanks to Pennywise (although I'm sure he'd be as surprised as anyone else by what I did), I have only changed one of the reservoirs 2 times and the other 3 and never cleaned them out once This is detailed on the last page of my journal).

My idea for a RDWC would include using the nutes in the same reservoir to recirculate - another bucket makes zero sense.
See it depends more on your point of view I guess. Who knows I may not even like Dwc at all and won't bother with rdwc. I'm going to check out your journal right now Green.

You did awesome wow. Now that's Dwc right there GD. Teach me lol

See it depends more on your point of view I guess. Who knows I may not even like Dwc at all and won't bother with rdwc. I'm going to check out your journal right now Green.

I'd be willing to bet you love DWC, providing you always allow plenty of access for feeding, testing etc. But why waste your time with DWC when the old man, Pennywise, is showing the way with aeroponics? :)

I'd be willing to bet you love DWC, providing you always allow plenty of access for feeding, testing etc. But why waste your time with DWC when the old man, Pennywise, is showing the way with aeroponics? :)
I like to be different I guess lol. But to be honest I would like to try all methods of growing just to say I had the opportunity to try them all. Never know I might be decent at some of these methods lol

You did awesome wow. Now that's Dwc right there GD. Teach me lol

It's super basic! 2 air stones in each and monitor ph and EC levels.

Oh, and use this page from the hydroponic bible, courtesy of PW.

res_issues.jpg

Back
Top Bottom