Dennise Growing With Twilight's Spider 16

Pure Kush looking purely lovely, Dennise. I love it that so many of us use the bath! Mrs Teddy's exclusive bathroom gets a full clean by me after every watering. That's the deal. :laugh:
Yep... My bathroom certainly gets cleaned a whole lot more when the girls are taken to the bath for a drink of water... I noticed after my last harvest and before I started to have to move any of these girls to the tub to water that my tub was not near as shiny as usual.....:circle-of-love:
That's Awesome D..:high-five:
How high is your light hung?
:passitleft: High Jimmy .... I guess it is at about 6' from the floor... the tent is right at 6.5'....:circle-of-love:
I was going to ask that as well. My little Spider 4 is the heaviest light I have & yours is 4x bigger!
I'm straining the crud out of the yo-yo hangars I used.
Howdy Cajun.....Yes that is my only complaint right now... the weight... I am still scared to death this behemoth is going to hit the floor... I actually was scared to use yo-yo's after I realized just how heavy this light is... We used straps instead and I am really glad we did..... I guess there was no way to make the light lighter but so far it is the only real complaint I have with the light..... I have every intention of having a frame built to sturdy up the tent... Once that is done I will feel a lot better.... I love the light so far... My girls are reaching for it hard and growing like a weed.....:circle-of-love:

I likes workin wit wood

My (Grizz's) Mars is a good 20kg I reakon. My 'roof' members that support the light are 2" x 3/4" hardwood. They take my weight each.

I'm now only 82kg, but if one can hold my weight.....how many lights SHOULD I have in there....heaps!!!!!! :)

That's why I didn't by a tent. I could afford only a cheap one....was never gunna be good enough.

Yep you are right... I was going to get one of the new Hydro-Mars tents but they were held up in customs and I needed it now... but of course now I wish I had waited.... They do have metal connectors and I think I would have been more at ease with that.... but I can't see spending another $120 to replace this one when I think it can be sturdied up pretty easy.... a bit of lumber and some nails and I think my fella can make me feel better about it... He tells me every night when he calls that he knows that it is fine... He is a little over 200 lbs and literally pulled as hard as he could without his feet leaving the ground on the top poles and they held so he is convinced it will hold till he can get home and fix it up for me... Even said if I didn't want a wood frame in the tent he would brace it to the rafters in the ceiling.... I don't think that will be necessary but it did make me feel better knowing he would do what I needed to get it right.......:circle-of-love:

Fair enough mate.

Confidence is the word. If you are confident about something, you tend to move about and conduct yourself with ease and energy. When you're not confident about something, it creates tension and stops flow and ease.

You'll get it sorted, sorry I cant remember in a few days?...then it wont even occur to you any more and you can move on with ease.

Nice bloody light by the way....I think you need a room for that monster looking at the footprint info....4 times as big....holy... :)

D I have a SJ tent and I agree they should be stronger.. I have 2 700's in my DR150 and it might flop if it wasn't supported by the wall :)
One thing I have seen people do with tents like ours are 1-3 things.. Build a wood frame to help support it, Run Eye Hooks into the ceiling and support it there, or you can order the all steel supports and swap out the weak ass SJ ones.. You can find them on flea bay or Shamazon and swap out your plastic ones and create you own little super strong SJ tent.. I need to do it too, I was disappointed in the strength of my tent for sure... And I hate plastic lol..

Fair enough mate.

Confidence is the word. If you are confident about something, you tend to move about and conduct yourself with ease and energy. When you're not confident about something, it creates tension and stops flow and ease.

You'll get it sorted, sorry I cant remember in a few days?...then it wont even occur to you any more and you can move on with ease.

Nice bloody light by the way....I think you need a room for that monster looking at the footprint info....4 times as big....holy... :)
Yep I agree and once it is done I will be at ease.... I think I want him to build me an inside frame for it instead of having to cut out a hole in the top and my ceiling and if he does that I know it would take a tornado to make it fall. My fella is an awesome carpenter and some of the work of his I have seen I would say he is an artist... this will be a piece of cake for him... it's just getting him home long enough to get it done.... but it won't be as long as it has been...:high-five:...:circle-of-love:
D I have a SJ tent and I agree they should be stronger.. I have 2 700's in my DR150 and it might flop if it wasn't supported by the wall :)
One thing I have seen people do with tents like ours are 1-3 things.. Build a wood frame to help support it, Run Eye Hooks into the ceiling and support it there, or you can order the all steel supports and swap out the weak ass SJ ones.. You can find them on flea bay or Shamazon and swap out your plastic ones and create you own little super strong SJ tent.. I need to do it too, I was disappointed in the strength of my tent for sure... And I hate plastic lol..
k0 I could just kiss you...:kisstwo: I had no idea that you could buy the metal connectors... Cramazon is my next stop... I will still have my fella build me the frame but this will certainly put the icing on the cake...:phew: Man I love this place.....:circle-of-love:

here is a site that can help too :) we can swap out pieces that we need too... just need to find the correct size..

Canopy Fittings, Canopy Parts 3/4" Inch

Those tabs you see are wing nuts, so you can screw your poles into the corners :) and they are all pointed in so they wont poke the tent.. and I think the 3/4 corners would work... and maybe even add more support..

and I was thinking of using these as the couplers as the SJ just ram into the current ones and can slide and flex out.. here Canopy Fitting 3/4'' Coupler That way everything can screw together and not be so damn flimsy.... now I have to find that link to the ends for the cross bars.. Or better yet, instead of just replacing the couplers, you could instead use the Tee's or crosses and tie everything together like a tiger tank... and if you ever need to replace a pole, they use metal conduit like steel for these tents and can be had at any local HW store.. That's why you don't see sites selling the poles..

What about the plastic pieces that hook the poles over the top that you hang stuff from..:confused:....:circle-of-love:

We could use any of these, we just need to remove the plastic piece and slide them into these, all we will need to do is slide the main support bars through them first.. Canopy Fitting 3/4" Tee so the main cross bar would slide through this, and the support bar would tie into the tee.. im trying to figure out the over under part right now heheh..

OK when you get it figured out will you draw me a picture ... no really... I mean a picture.... I have just spent the last hour and a half trying to find something that would work on Cramazon and Blowes and it ain't working for me......:circle-of-love:

Sorry D., but you are respectfully, SO female. Lol.

hehhe see how easy I will overthink it? what I have in mind for my tent, is just change the corner supports to the ones pictured, that alone will add a massive amount of strength for me.. and for the cross members, I was thinking of just swapping the SJ ones out for those couplers I linked, and then what I did to make sure the didn't drop in my current tent was, I just ran thick industrial zip ties around them like you would re-bar when laying concrete and did the same where the cross members met in the tent.. That helped with the sag from the lights "just the zip ties" but im changing out my corners and couplers for sure.. I want it it be able to screw together...

hahahah wow. Too funny.. Glad you're getting everything sorted out Dennise. :love: Those look like happy plants all around! It'll be cool seeing how they do so far under the light and without training, especially only given water in PJ soil :)

- and I would be hopeless too in your situation LOL don't feel bad. framework... construction... not my thing. That's why I fell off two ladders building my crappy grow rooms :laughtwo:

just build frame for it D, its best thing you can do, with it. plus there no other way.

hahahah wow. Too funny.. Glad you're getting everything sorted out Dennise. :love: Those look like happy plants all around! It'll be cool seeing how they do so far under the light and without training, especially only given water in PJ soil :)

- and I would be hopeless too in your situation LOL don't feel bad. framework... construction... not my thing. That's why I fell off two ladders building my crappy grow rooms :laughtwo:
I used to climb poles and bury cable but that was a long time ago and I never had need for a hammer and nails... I still have my Klines but don't think I would make it off the ground...lol...:circle-of-love:
good lordie,good granny.:Namaste:
I know right... I tried to get out the door to come get the soil.... Obviously I didn't make it..:)...:circle-of-love:
hehhe see how easy I will overthink it? what I have in mind for my tent, is just change the corner supports to the ones pictured, that alone will add a massive amount of strength for me.. and for the cross members, I was thinking of just swapping the SJ ones out for those couplers I linked, and then what I did to make sure the didn't drop in my current tent was, I just ran thick industrial zip ties around them like you would re-bar when laying concrete and did the same where the cross members met in the tent.. That helped with the sag from the lights "just the zip ties" but im changing out my corners and couplers for sure.. I want it it be able to screw together...
I over think putting the twist tie back on a loaf of bread....:tokin:....:circle-of-love:

just build frame for it D, its best thing you can do, with it. plus there no other way.

Yea... I have come to that conclusion too... I just don't like waiting... shocking I know... I still have this horror I am going to hear a big crash in the middle of the night..:thedoubletake:...:circle-of-love:

I did get some goodies to add to the arsenal today... I want to try this out and see if my flowers will look like they are laminated like Kings do....:circle-of-love:
DSC096131.JPG

Back
Top Bottom