Destroying another's plants

In Maine you are allowed 6x flowering plants per adult (21+) per property...we have a house down the road that has 4 roommates and driving by it in the Fall is so skunky :laugh:
this is exactly what I mean...

you can have three plants per residence in maine
but you say 6 and people who just agree with you because they like what you have to say, lend your answer authority, and then someone reads it and gets popped for having twice the legal limit...

you can have three plants per residence in maine
but you say 6 and people who just agree with you because they like what you have to say, lend your answer authority, and then someone reads it and gets popped for having twice the legal limit...
Actually, we were both wrong. They hadn't signed into law the amendment and/or updated their website Title 28-B, §1502: Home cultivation of marijuana for personal adult use until June 27..... because I checked before I planted. Law went "into effect September 19 with a 60-day grace period"...which excluded summer crop.
But you are correct, they finally updated it to 3x mature plants per adult, not per residence. Helpful.:thumb:

And getting "popped" in Maine is a maximum of $100 per plant over the limit. But here's the best part of the Maine law

But thank you for saying people like what I say...it keeps me going :cheesygrinsmiley:

And getting "popped" in Maine is a maximum of $100 per plant over the limit.
And thank you for saying people like what I say...it keeps me going :cheesygrinsmiley:

§1504. Violations; penalties

Except as provided in section 1501, subsection 2, a person who violates any provision of this chapter is subject to forfeiture or seizure of any unauthorized marijuana, marijuana products or marijuana plants pursuant to Title 15, chapter 517 and is subject to any additional criminal or civil penalties that may be imposed pursuant to other applicable laws or rules.

not sure you are interpreting that statute properly

Except as provided in section 1501, subsection 2
1501, subsection 2
"A person who violates this subsection commits a civil violation for which a fine of not more than $100 may be adjudged in addition to any criminal or civil penalties that may be imposed pursuant to other applicable laws or rules."

The italicized part is that if I commit an additional crime in conjunction or association will not exclude or supersede the other...such as if I had a meth lab next to my grow tent with one extra plant...which isn't the worst idea ever...

The initial law was much more streamlined and easy for the lay public to read and understand. They've since brought in out of state "experts", hence the fancy lingo.

1501, subsection 2
"A person who violates this subsection commits a civil violation for which a fine of not more than $100 may be adjudged in addition to any criminal or civil penalties that may be imposed pursuant to other applicable laws or rules."

The italicized part is that if I commit an additional crime in conjunction or association will not exclude or supersede the other...such as if I had a meth lab next to my grow tent with one extra plant...which isn't the worst idea ever...

The initial law was much more streamlined and easy for the lay public to read and understand. They've since brought in out of state "experts", hence the fancy lingo.
no...that is 100% wrong
that applies to that subsection and that subsection alone and that isnt what pursuant means...

Im not going to touch the out of state expert part...

While I am not a lawyer, it is my strong understanding that the law refers to not just the residence but also the land on which the residence resides.

It's a bit of a mix. It's the residence and the grounds of that private residence. So if you have a land parcel with 8 houses and they all also have access to a storage unit, they could not grow 48 plants in the storage unit, despite the fact that they're all tenants of individual residences.

They could grow in each of their houses, and if zoned for it, in their individual yards.

A mother-in-law suite or other "lodger" type accomodations do not appear to offer the same rights, despite the fact that they are a type of residence.

Not saying that you're wrong, at all, just worth mentioning that it's not quite as straightforward as many think.
Thank you I actually live in an old Artist studio that I have turned into an Appartment addding bathroom, Kitchen and a shower. The buildings on this property were built in 1903 and we are in the historical distric. I live alone in the apartment but in the main house there is 3 rooms that the landlord rents out and the asshole. So I am going to look into this idea of yours and see what I find here in California Law.

While there is lots wrong in what you said, well not wrong, just you dont hold the mysteries, generally I agree, and its all statutory so the laws differ by jurisdiction.
they are mostly colour, the commonlaw says you and grow whatever you want on your land, and yes, if you wanted to be a dick you could beat the statutes pretty easily.

Surveying your land into 4x4 parcels and registering each as a fee simple would do it for example XD
but I kind of doubt the sitting justice would would find it very funny XD
Great information I appreciate the thoughts.

.I had an unfortuniate event happen to me at the tail end of Californias outdoior growing season. Therer is a guy that rents a room in the front house at the property I live on. For some reason he has it in his mind that I put water in his truck and his boat. (which I did not anything about) untill Oct 17 2019. when he returned home from his favorite bar that night shitfaced and started screaming at the top of his lungs saying that I did this and I did that, which all is untrue. So I dont want an ultercation with a drunken idiot .He was trying to call me outside and fight him, But I would not go outside. So he starts trampleing my 3 weeks away from harvest plants, and he was getting madder and madder because I would not go out and fight him so he starts at one end of my garden and pulls all but 3 plants out of the ground and starts throwing them like a little kid. Now my question is would it be a good idea in California to take him to small claimes court? My girlfriend keeps telling me I might be opening a whjole new can of worms. I have thought about this quite a bit to come up with an amount. and he ruined over 20 plants but since I am only allowed by law to have 6 I figured each plant produces betweeen 2-3 ounces each and each ounce for the same grade bud in my ares sells for 150 to 200 an ounce. So 6 plants at 3 ounces each gives me 18 ounces total at even $150 comes out to a total of $2700. does this sound right? I have never been to a small claims court so I am clueless on how it works. any help will be appreciated.
Sorry to hear this story. Sounds like your neighbor could use a little cannabis instead of the alcohol that is enhancing his assholistic tendencies. I live and grow in So Cal and I think it's 6 plants on the property no matter the number of households, also we switched home insurance companies while my girls were in my greenhouse flowering and they were not sure about whether or not my plants, pretty valuable right?, would be covered for theft or damage. I think they are still moving through the courts about this stuff.

Sorry to hear this story. Sounds like your neighbor could use a little cannabis instead of the alcohol that is enhancing his assholistic tendencies. I live and grow in So Cal and I think it's 6 plants on the property no matter the number of households, also we switched home insurance companies while my girls were in my greenhouse flowering and they were not sure about whether or not my plants, pretty valuable right?, would be covered for theft or damage. I think they are still moving through the courts about this stuff.
Interesting please keep me advised on what you find out. I grew up in Burbank but now live at the beach in Oxnard. Let me know if you are not to far maybee we can hook up and talk shop.

When Oregon went legal, the Insurance companies made sure to send out an amendment to their policies that the plants weren't covered from theft/loss along with the "if your place burns down due to your indoor grow being at fault then the fire not covered either" kind of thing. Being illegal on the Federal level makes things more complicated, whether that is part of why they allowed to make exceptions like that I"m not sure, but I'm getting to where I think all Insurance is a big scam as they don't mind taking your money but if you file a claim they make you jump thru hoops to get anything out of them and then charge you more money for your policy (be it Health or Property or Car or any other Insurance).

When Oregon went legal, the Insurance companies made sure to send out an amendment to their policies that the plants weren't covered from theft/loss along with the "if your place burns down due to your indoor grow being at fault then the fire not covered either" kind of thing. Being illegal on the Federal level makes things more complicated, whether that is part of why they allowed to make exceptions like that I"m not sure, but I'm getting to where I think all Insurance is a big scam as they don't mind taking your money but if you file a claim they make you jump thru hoops to get anything out of them and then charge you more money for your policy (be it Health or Property or Car or any other Insurance).
Thanks Dwight, we are on the same page as far as insurance companies go. Their SOP is collect, collect, collect and deny,deny,deny. Parasites for :hookah: the most part.

Back
Top Bottom