DharmaBud's First Grow Soil White Widow Auto & Silver LA-2013

re: DharmaBud's First Grow Soil White Widow Auto & Silver LA-2013

There isn't anything wrong with dropping a couple of cfl's on eac side for boost, it wouldn't be that expensive. Hell, I almost bought 4 75 watt 6400k and 4 100watt 2700k on ebay for $32 before I found I couldn't find any of those sockets with the extended plug attached, to drop down into the tent.

:Namaste

Jeff

175 watts is quite a lot! But i tried at least :)
Good luck with whatever you choose!

175 watts is quite a lot! But i tried at least :)
Good luck with whatever you choose!

Invi, there is a very good chance I'm going to stay right where I am to see how it goes. if I spend money, I want to have a reason to, not to avoid what may happen. You know what I mean?

Thanks for your advice, I take all input and welcome yours anytime.

:Namaste:

Jeff

Oh yea, forgot to say - it's hosebomber's light info thread i linked! All your questions are probably answered there.

That's a nice way to do it - start with you current setup, and then compare to other journals for strech, and penetration.
You can swap for a stonger light at any time.

Buying 8 cfls for 175 watts did not sound too good though :) That's probably already more heat and less lumens then the 250Wer.
If you were talking 175 real watts, and not equivalent, that is.

I PM'd HoseBomber and gave him my particulars and asked for his advice. We will see if he has time and if he can devise a light plan that has fat buds popping out of my...ears.

:Namaste:

Jeff

Hi Dharma

Just use what you have for your first run. There is nothing wrong with using fluorescents. They just don't make buds with the same density. They won't be those solid nuggs we all like. They won't make huge buds either. There is nothing wrong with that!

After you have completed a grow with the lighting you have, you can upgrade to an HID. I agree with the recommendation for a 400W HPS. You can supplement with your fluorescents too. A 400W will not impact your electric bill much. As a comparison, a typical small space heater is 1500W.

Re the fart fan, I still recommend the damper/baffles. You don't want to be pushing farts into your tent. :rofl:
Something else I just thought of... Does that vent have one of those little vent covers outside? You want to make sure bugs don't come in through the vent, and I'd be a little concerned about cold coming in during Winter.

Hi Dharma

Just use what you have for your first run. There is nothing wrong with using fluorescents. They just don't make buds with the same density. They won't be those solid nuggs we all like. They won't make huge buds either. There is nothing wrong with that!

After you have completed a grow with the lighting you have, you can upgrade to an HID. I agree with the recommendation for a 400W HPS. You can supplement with your fluorescents too. A 400W will not impact your electric bill much. As a comparison, a typical small space heater is 1500W.

Re the fart fan, I still recommend the damper/baffles. You don't want to be pushing farts into your tent. :rofl:
Something else I just thought of... Does that vent have one of those little vent covers outside? You want to make sure bugs don't come in through the vent, and I'd be a little concerned about cold coming in during Winter.

Hiker, my big issue with HID is I have no way of getting rid of the heat like other people can. I can't put in an AC unit, how do I account for that?

they make what is called a cool tube fixture that is a sealed unit. it can be ducted with your exhaust fan and pull the heat out of your tent. another option is to run your lights at night when the temps are cooler:)
Hiker, my big issue with HID is I have no way of getting rid of the heat like other people can. I can't put in an AC unit, how do I account for that?

they make what is called a cool tube fixture that is a sealed unit. it can be ducted with your exhaust fan and pull the heat out of your tent. another option is to run your lights at night when the temps are cooler:)

I'm as sharp as a bowling ball!!!

for between a 5-6 square foot space, is a 250 watt HID system enough? Would I use both HPS and MH?

I use a HPS start to finish.
remember this K.I.S.S and all will be well. but having both would be ok too.

I use a HPS start to finish.
remember this K.I.S.S and all will be well. but having both would be ok too.

FishCake what are your thoughts on G8LED 120 Watt Ultra LED UFO Grow Light? Is it too good to be true, covers minimum 6 square feet, deep canopy penetration, no heat? I just ask, because I don't people swarming to it, but I also know that there aren't that many people with a tent as small as mine who might be able to swing the cost. Something else to think on, unless you think its all BS?

Brother Man! I can't beleive you got your tent and a journal started that is already four pages deep! I was really hoping for a front row seat once you began a journal, but I'll find a spot in the corner near the door so I can slip out for smoke occasionally. Definately subscribed and plus reps starting the journal.

I'm almost as excited for you as I was when I began my first grow!

I don't know much about LEDs except that you get what you pay for. reaserch on that brand and compare to others Jeff. it looks good tho. but I do know there are some snake oil Companies out there too.
FishCake what are your thoughts on G8LED 120 Watt Ultra LED UFO Grow Light? Is it too good to be true, covers minimum 6 square feet, deep canopy penetration, no heat? I just ask, because I don't people swarming to it, but I also know that there aren't that many people with a tent as small as mine who might be able to swing the cost. Something else to think on, unless you think its all BS?

Brother Man! I can't beleive you got your tent and a journal started that is already four pages deep! I was really hoping for a front row seat once you began a journal, but I'll find a spot in the corner near the door so I can slip out for smoke occasionally. Definately subscribed and plus reps starting the journal.

I'm almost as excited for you as I was when I began my first grow!

Thank you for coming aboard +reps!!!

I don't know much about LEDs except that you get what you pay for. reaserch on that brand and compare to others Jeff. it looks good tho. but I do know there are some snake oil Companies out there too.

I'm just going to stick with the lighting I have, barring issues. Hell I might throw in the White Widow Auto so I can at least partake what you guys get everyday lol!!!

I think that is a fine idea.
I'm not much into getting to fancy with my grow and it will do you well just getting your feet wet. you can have all the gadgets money can buy. but something simple can make them useless.:)
soil, water a little food for them and light Oh and a shit load of patients:)
I'm just going to stick with the lighting I have, barring issues. Hell I might throw in the White Widow Auto so I can at least partake what you guys get everyday lol!!!

I think that is a fine idea.
I'm not much into getting to fancy with my grow and it will do you well just getting your feet wet. you can have all the gadgets money can buy. but something simple can make them useless.:)
soil, water a little food for them and light Oh and a shit load of patients:)

I got to read up on how much patience I need for an auto White Widow

Pretty much nil, zip patience needed for an auto! :thumb:

well you will have more patience if you can follow my #1 rule Have one months more smoke than it takes to grow her:)
#2 read read read
#3 same as #1
#4 K.I.S.S.:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom