DharmaBud's First Grow Soil White Widow Auto & Silver LA-2013

re: DharmaBud's First Grow Soil White Widow Auto & Silver LA-2013

I am going to jump in here Dharma. I am looking forward to you filling that tent full of goodness. Your dog looks cool as hell too. What are your ventilation plans? I just got a 4 x 4 tent that I was pretty happy with as well. Good luck and keep us posted.

I am going to jump in here Dharma. I am looking forward to you filling that tent full of goodness. Your dog looks cool as hell too. What are your ventilation plans? I just got a 4 x 4 tent that I was pretty happy with as well. Good luck and keep us posted.

Hey Wolf, I just subbed you LOL! A picture says a thousand words, but I'll explain it first. I live in a 12' x 16' cabin in Alaska. I have a room that holds the water heater. That's where I put the grow tent. Now the fart fan duct coming from the bathroom swings through my little room, so I was thinking of finding a "Y" adapter and running a duct into my tent. Turn on fart fan and air blows outside. I will have a oscillating fan inside the tent as well.

1373431430.jpg

Looks like you're about to start having all kinds of fun :thumb:

You can use that dryer vent, but not with only a wye. Use the wye and 2 valves. I can't recall the HVAC term. They are flaps inside the duct you can turn to block the air or allow it to pass. You don't want your dryer pushing hot air into the tent and you don't want the tent pushing it's air into the dryer. At least I don't think you do. :winkyface:

Looks like you're about to start having all kinds of fun :thumb:

You can use that dryer vent, but not with only a wye. Use the wye and 2 valves. I can't recall the HVAC term. They are flaps inside the duct you can turn to block the air or allow it to pass. You don't want your dryer pushing hot air into the tent and you don't want the tent pushing it's air into the dryer. At least I don't think you do. :winkyface:

Hiker,

It's quite okay, it's just the duct for the fart fan from the bathroom that leads to an outside vent.

:Namaste:

Jeff

Hey Dharmabuddy, nice Set-up :)

Fart fan :) Love it.

Good luck and If you need any sarcastic comments or meaningless statements, just let me know ;)

I am not subbed, but I am honoured, stoned and whatever else Spimp said :thumb:

Hey Dharmabuddy, nice Set-up :)

Fart fan :) Love it.

Good luck and If you need any sarcastic comments or meaningless statements, just let me know ;)

I am not subbed, but I am honoured, stoned and whatever else Spimp said :thumb:

No my friend, it's my honor

Jeff

Good weed dharma, I would like to sub your journal if u don't mind. Bro, you ok up there?, sounds pretty sweet......a good ttime and place to reflect. I read through everything so far and the only thing that I noticed that may give you issues, and I didn't see anyone address this factor...even though they may have. You don't really want to put plants in that ffof soil when they're small......or young...so to speak. That soil is pretty hot ( nutrient rich ) and it can be hard on young plants. There is so much info on this site it's practically incomrehendable, so, what I do is look around when I'm not busy....check shit out, then come back and ask questions. We don't mind answering questions that may have been answered somewhere on the site, there's just too much stuff for a person to see it all, AND we love the relationships we develop. Your tent is fine, and if you don't mind the smell of farts too much, I would unhook the fart expeller and and blow that exhaust straight out without the y. If you leave the fart fan connected it would be better to get the flapper vents....they're just like the damper on a wood stove. In any case unless I hear you object, I'm subd and excited for your decision to grow your own weed!

Mcloadie, i agree with you 100`/. About the unbelievable amount of information here and the online relationships are so strong because we all have one thing in common. I feel like i almost know some of the growers here. Finding :420: Was a monumental discovery. Its definitely a community.

Good weed dharma, I would like to sub your journal if u don't mind. Bro, you ok up there?, sounds pretty sweet......a good ttime and place to reflect. I read through everything so far and the only thing that I noticed that may give you issues, and I didn't see anyone address this factor...even though they may have. You don't really want to put plants in that ffof soil when they're small......or young...so to speak. That soil is pretty hot ( nutrient rich ) and it can be hard on young plants. There is so much info on this site it's practically incomrehendable, so, what I do is look around when I'm not busy....check shit out, then come back and ask questions. We don't mind answering questions that may have been answered somewhere on the site, there's just too much stuff for a person to see it all, AND we love the relationships we develop. Your tent is fine, and if you don't mind the smell of farts too much, I would unhook the fart expeller and and blow that exhaust straight out without the y. If you leave the fart fan connected it would be better to get the flapper vents....they're just like the damper on a wood stove. In any case unless I hear you object, I'm subd and excited for your decision to grow your own weed!

About the soil, I was warned of that a few days ago, and went to my local small co-op not expecting to find anything, but they had this soil I thought was perfect. It's got: peat moss, soil, sand, lime,composted organic material, soil conditioner, plus enough fertilizer to start good plant growth. The guy said it was as plain as it could come. Tell me if my thoughts are wrong, but I was thinking of going 50/50 with this an FF ocean? Or should I just stick with basic until it comes out of the cup?

Fart fan issue I can't do much about, I gotta be stealthy as possible. Bad enough I will be sticking vegetable plants in there here and there in the corners out of my ladies light. Another question I wanted another opinion on, I was recently told that my 5 square ft space which right now would have 8000 lumens for a maximum of 2 plants should have 4-5 times that amount of lumens. It can't happen with my budget or where I am at, but does that mean I'm going to get crap buds?

Thank you for the heads up +reps

Jeff

any room left in here for a fish? Ah don't matter you all just scoot over cause I aint leaving!
Good weed Jeff:)

any room left in here for a fish? Ah don't matter you all just scoot over cause I aint leaving!
Good weed Jeff:)

It is more than an honor, the more professional and knowledgeable growers I get to listen to my questions the better my plants and the faster I can give back that knowledge!!! Welcome Aboard!

Jeff

About the soil, I was warned of that a few days ago, and went to my local small co-op not expecting to find anything, but they had this soil I thought was perfect. It's got: peat moss, soil, sand, lime,composted organic material, soil conditioner, plus enough fertilizer to start good plant growth. The guy said it was as plain as it could come. Tell me if my thoughts are wrong, but I was thinking of going 50/50 with this an FF ocean? Or should I just stick with basic until it comes out of the cup?

Fart fan issue I can't do much about, I gotta be stealthy as possible. Bad enough I will be sticking vegetable plants in there here and there in the corners out of my ladies light. Another question I wanted another opinion on, I was recently told that my 5 square ft space which right now would have 8000 lumens for a maximum of 2 plants should have 4-5 times that amount of lumens. It can't happen with my budget or where I am at, but does that mean I'm going to get crap buds?

Thank you for the heads up +reps

Jeff

Hey jeff, IDK about all kinds of figures to calculate the lights, BUT, we have a dude who is an EXPERT on lighting....his name is hosebomber and he is the authority. I DO know that I would put a 400 watt hps in that tent and you will smoke out some killer stash....as good as any. Hosebomber is the host of the "basics of plant lighting" and he will tell you what you need to know, you can tell him your grow space size and he can calculate your needs for optimum growth and development.

Hey jeff, IDK about all kinds of figures to calculate the lights, BUT, we have a dude who is an EXPERT on lighting....his name is hosebomber and he is the authority. I DO know that I would put a 400 watt hps in that tent and you will smoke out some killer stash....as good as any. Hosebomber is the host of the "basics of plant lighting" and he will tell you what you need to know, you can tell him your grow space size and he can calculate your needs for optimum growth and development.

Do I just PM him?

Hey!

Thought ill come over here instead of hijacking Fishy's pond.

Check this, McLoadie is right - this guy has clear and organized info about almost all kinds of lighting.
The Basics Of Plant Lighting

All i'm saying is count your lumens, and as soon as you reach or even get near 250W hid (33k lumesn) you have to swap for that to get less heat and energy consumption. 8k might be enough for 2 square foot or so.
And you will get nice smoke either way, just it might not look like the way you'd prefer to. But you can easily harvest 2x the amount with a proper photon count. If your tent is light proof, it should not matter too much.
If you like the way they grow well below 33k lumens, then forget HIDs.
Just don't end up buying 10 or so more CFLs gradually and then discovering HIDs. Would cost a lot.

Hey!

Thought ill come over here instead of hijacking Fishy's pond.

Check this, McLoadie is right - this guy has clear and organized info about almost all kinds of lighting.
The Basics Of Plant Lighting

All i'm saying is count your lumens, and as soon as you reach or even get near 250W hid (33k lumesn) you have to swap for that to get less heat and energy consumption. 8k might be enough for 2 square foot or so.
And you will get nice smoke either way, just it might not look like the way you'd prefer to. But you can easily harvest 2x the amount with a proper photon count. If your tent is light proof, it should not matter too much.
If you like the way they grow well below 33k lumens, then forget HIDs.
Just don't end up buying 10 or so more CFLs gradually and then discovering HIDs. Would cost a lot.

What I could do also is see how this grow goes with 8000 lumen and some LST and adjust. I bought more than 2 seeds LOL! I can buy more. I will check out this guy and that link as well.

Jeff

I was going to say just what you said!
If your learning to drive start with a Ford and once you got the idea of how its done get the Lincoln:)
What I could do also is see how this grow goes with 8000 lumen and some LST and adjust. I bought more than 2 seeds LOL! I can buy more. I will check out this guy and that link as well.

Jeff

I was going to say just what you said!
If your learning to drive start with a Ford and once you got the idea of how its done get the Lincoln:)
There isn't anything wrong with dropping a couple of cfl's on eac side for boost, it wouldn't be that expensive. Hell, I almost bought 4 75 watt 6400k and 4 100watt 2700k on ebay for $32 before I found I couldn't find any of those sockets with the extended plug attached, to drop down into the tent.

:Namaste

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom