Expanded clay pellets plus net pot grow media
2X 300 W full spectrum LED lamps
Air circulation via tabletop rotating fans
CO2 augmentation
General hydroponics liquid nutrients
Super thrive
Plant revolution great white

Seed:
Unknown indica strain ( current water consumption Is at five. 2 cups per day ) currently week three of flower phase.

All right so I decided to do the mainlining technique on an unknown bag seed which as stated above has turned out to be mostly if not completely Indica. I topped the plant 3 times for a total of 8 main colas but my partner said The last time that he checked on the plants, he could sell that there were intact 10 main's and he couldn't count how many secondary but decent sized bud sites that were forming. Now I was under the impression that this technique would only give me eight huge colas as the idea is the plant has been trained to focus all its energy into these locations, did I do something wrong or is this normal for this technique?

Re: Did I do this right? (Mainling)

You could have fucked up and missed the top. Aka FIM or fuckin I missed...which causes instead of two tops forming ...sometimes three grow out. It's a widely used technique to get more tops

Sent from my SM-G935V using 420

System:
Top fed DWC (10 gal Rubbermaid res)
Expanded clay pellets plus net pot grow media
2X 300 W full spectrum LED lamps
Air circulation via tabletop rotating fans
CO2 augmentation
General hydroponics liquid nutrients
Super thrive
Plant revolution great white

Seed:
Unknown indica strain ( current water consumption Is at five. 2 cups per day ) currently week three of flower phase.

All right so I decided to do the mainlining technique on an unknown bag seed which as stated above has turned out to be mostly if not completely Indica. I topped the plant 3 times for a total of 8 main colas but my partner said The last time that he checked on the plants, he could sell that there were intact 10 main's and he couldn't count how many secondary but decent sized bud sites that were forming. Now I was under the impression that this technique would only give me eight huge colas as the idea is the plant has been trained to focus all its energy into these locations, did I do something wrong or is this normal for this technique?

What happened was with all the toppings you did, slowing down upper growth. The secondary growth was able to catch up and become near dominant while the topped tips restarted their engines. I bet the secondary growth is just as you depicted, good luck the rest of the way.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

ESP from what I've read here and on other sources it sounds like for mainlining it's better to do a combo of FIM and top, i.e. FIM twice and too once will get me 32 colas with reduced stress to the plant which translates to a quicker veg cycle.. I don't think it's any undergrowth as I made a point of clearing all that with each step and double checking before throwing it into flower.

Back
Top Bottom