DirtyDanny's 600 Watt LED Grow

DonPaul....go to previous page to see how i have led set up....made a temporary cool tubish thingy or another:).......Danny gave me the idea...i tried to run with it:)

now my actual exhaust system with charcoal can has fresh air intake on bottom of tent led to back left side under plants......exhausted out the top right side......i think that set up will cause fresh cool air to circulate through the girls with clip on fan also circulating air then pushed up with heat and the draw of the exhaust fan which sucks the whole tent in on itself....had to build a pvc frame to keep it from pulling all the way to each side of the light:)lol.....but now with the led having its own circulation and not having to worry about exhausting through the charcoal fan i am only running the exhaust to charcoal fan every 2 hrs for 30 minutes.......thoughts?

I would let the tent exhaust run whenever the lights are on........and maybe even a bit to exchange air when its lights out.
The more air circulation.....the better for the plants (unless your gonna Co2 enrich)

ok......i thought the constant air exchange was too much for them, but cool.......i would rather my temps to stay around 75 to 80.........closer to 75:).....i am gonna try this tea out as it is suppose to work with out any burn.....and it is living :) who knows.......sorry for blowing your thread up DD....when are we getting some updated pics of your girl:)?

oh ok fair enough,

with the compost tea it is possible just to grow with compost tea, but you would possibly need 2 types, one for veg and one for flower, i seen a grower a while back who used guano and sheep mess for veg and guano and lama mess i think it was for the flower stage,

so i guess it depends what compost tea your using, their is also super soil, if your find subcool on the video site he has a super soil mix and all you do with this is the same as tea but leave it in compost form, you mix up everything he says and let it brew for a while then use it to fill pots with, then you just add water and nothing else right up till harvest, no nutrients, no teas you dont need to add anything with super soil,

ive been tempted to try tea myself as using teas feeds the soil so to speak then the soil feeds the plants, same with high brix type grows, you dont actually feed the plant your actually feeding the soil which then feeds the plant,

so teas do work well and lots of outdoor growers use teas to boost the microbes in the ground which then boost the plants, we use nutrients indoors as the plants take everything beneficial out the soil so using teas adds to the soil and this improves the health of the plant, it depends what your making tea out of as you can use worm castings and even regular compost to make teas out of,

it would need someone who uses teas to explain more but i think you could use it early on as long as it was used in small doses, it would benefit the soil and then that benefits the plant so it does help,
my problem is i cant get my hands on any lama crap so cant try the method i seen a while back as that grower used nothing else apart from these 2 teas,

....when are we getting some updated pics of your girl:)?

I'll try to get some up tomorrow................ I did a really HEAVY defol on her this morning to try to maximize the light upon the buds.
I really hated to do it as even alot of the fan leaves were forming some frost where the leaf joins the stem!
Ive never in my life defoliated a plant as much as this one........but its suspposed to really improve bud size.
We shall see...........I think she is starting to ripen up a bit as the very tips on some of the pistils are turning slightly orange.........
but she is still stretching alot:circle-of-love:

this is a compost tea kit to make 20 gallons with a 5 gallon bucket and pump and stone.....has four different ingredients to brew........being i just flushed 2 days ago i am gonna try some.....all new to me so might as well overwhelm myself and push the girls to their limits:)lol

I have a question about the led panels.

First I did some research and cannot find the e-shine 600 their website said "coming soon"

And maybe I can get some help with where to find a decent one for a 3x3 tent that is a good brand and affordable.I see a lot of the cheap panels on ebay but would like to get one like Danny has so I can get results.I think his was a little to big for a 3x3 grow tent.

Any help would be appreciated.:)

I have a question about the led panels.

First I did some research and cannot find the e-shine 600 their website said "coming soon"

And maybe I can get some help with where to find a decent one for a 3x3 tent that is a good brand and affordable.I see a lot of the cheap panels on ebay but would like to get one like Danny has so I can get results.I think his was a little to big for a 3x3 grow tent.

Any help would be appreciated.:)

They have them......you just have to email them and ask. Make sure you get the 11 band LED's. I would give you a link but I think that this forum kinda frowns upon that because they are not a sponser here........ just run a search on alibaba for 600 watt diamond series LED.
A 300 watt LED would be just about ideal in a 3x3 tent!:thumb:
Make sure that its a diamond series and make sure that they use the 3 watt led chips and your good to go!

Thanks for the info.

I just tried to place an order and they didn't have a currant price so I had to email the supplier.
H.I.D is great in the winter around my area but I cannot control the temps in the summer months and it affects my yield.

I will wait and see.After seeing your grow in progress I am willing to try them out.Just nice to see results from a user instead of hearing the claim of a seller.If I cant obtain one from alibaba then maybe someone from this forum can send me in the right direction from a advertiser on this site:)

Cant wait to see the final results from your grow,its like watching a T.V series when they leave you hanging for a week wondering...

Well..............I think the stretch is finally starting to wind down....only about a 1/2" of growth last night.
She got another HEAVY defol saturday.....so shes a bit naked.
Im really wanting to believe the theory that less leaves will make her concentrate more on feeding her colas.
She got her 1st dose of Cal-Mag and Bud Candy saturday (along with her normal FF nutes)
Ive eliminated the Grow Big from her diet because Im starting to see a bit of N-claw on the lower leaves.
Hopefully the colas will start to fatten up now :thumb:
Its the begining of week 5 since the 12/12 flip.......so I should have plenty of time for the buds to bulge (3-5 weeks)
I see some pistils turning orange as well:high-five:

DSC022154.JPG

DSC022144.JPG

DSC022132.JPG

DSC022123.JPG

DSC022112.JPG

DSC022104.JPG

Should the LED panel be lowered if in fact the stretch is over?
Its about 24" above the tallest colas now..........but I would like to try to get more light to the lower branches without bleaching the shit outta her.
I see she already is starting to form an albino tip on the longest cola..

Poor thing looks naked ... How's that turntable working out ? She sure is budding and frosting nicely ... :thumb:

Turntable seems to be doing well.........the lower branches have stretched alot since I started spinning her!
I was reading an thread on here about defol during flowering.........I really want to believe that its true that it will maximize bud size.
The idea seems sound.......

Back
Top Bottom