DK's Vert Undercurrent Headband Grow

Placed an order close to three weeks ago from Attitude. Bought 6 Bc Bud Depot's fem. the purps and got them plus some awesome freebies 1 Reserva Privada OG Kush, 1 Dinafem Auto Fem. Original Amnesia, 1 Emerald Triangle Bubba 76 (august Promo) and also there UFO special 1 Delicious Seeds fem. Critical Sensi Star, 1 G13 Labs fem. Raw Diesel and 1 world of seeds fem. pakistan ryder. I want to see about buying another strain next month and do it in there Sept. Promo timelines. Then I'll be set for next year. It would be grand if the singles germinate next year and provide me some awesome clones to put outside early next July:) excluding the auto's of course.

You have a cool setup bro. I built a nice rdwc unit, actually 2 with great success. I have them journaled in this forum somewhere. Would love to see yours in action. Not sure I would call broadsiding the plants with light vertical. I have a pretty cool vertical system too. Used to run under the same princibles but now its a ntf drip system at high flow rate.

Bare bulb gives maximum light spread around the bulb. Vertical growing is having plants growing from top to bottom. I use bare bulb for my vertical setup to maximize lumens and broadside the plant with light.

047_v85_d0f.JPG
049_DS_VERT_D61F.JPG

This is a undercurrent system made to grow 1 large plant. Its like your system with a chiller and all but the light setup is the exact oppisate of yours meaning that I am surrounding the plant with light. 3 600s.

051_dsM2_veg1.JPG
003_DSM2_d14f.JPG

009_DSM2_d14f.JPG
008_DSM_rdwc_d64f.JPG

I also built this undercurrent system. It also did real well.
006538.JPG
002_catku_d51f1.JPG

047_catku_d51fh_roots.JPG

I am a big fan of rdwc so thats why I can't wait to see you get yours up and running plus headband is a very good strain, one of the few that lives up to its name.
You should ask a mod to move your thread out of the completed section or if you start a new thread please send me a link. I have experience and would love to help if its needed. RDWC or undercurrent is the fastest and biggest way you can grow in hydro but it can be the quickest way to kill plants when a problem happens like severe heat issues or grey slime.

Good luck. Your system looks pro.

hell yea wicked pix dude. where should this be moved to and yes sir stick around I'll be updating frequently and love input from other gardeners. and it's definitely one of the best systems out there I agree. I've spent a lot of time on environmental control in this room in preparation. I can maintain 75 degrees with 40% humidity and keep water temps at 68. no light leaks!!! shes built like a tank

sup man. just chilling waiting on clones to root everything is prepped and ready for action. I have been bubbling 3 plants with just some cal mag and gh veg nutes. hopefully clones will be done soon. this strain seems to take a bit longer to root. I tried to reply to your pm but I cant until I have 50 posts

Glad your all prepped and waiting for roots, I'm still bouncing back and forth on decisions, pretty frustrating. I'll start with setting up my ventilation and going back to an in-n-out room, scratch trying to run a perfect room. I can't keep the 8x8 cool enough because I can't run the portable a/c.
I hope to start seeds soon, usually I would just start em and deal with it, this time I'm trying my best at being patient and waiting until the parameters are in the right range.
Have a gr8t Labor Day DK, stay cool.

After looking at your pics some more and looking at Mr Smith's pics, I am going to plumb in the a/c's exhaust into the ventilation fans ducting, I want to put an inline booster fan to help the a/c last longer. I am putting together a parts list and will setup those new totes I have as soon as I can get ahold of a mag drive and some unseals. I have a brand new water filter like the one you got from current culture. The one I got looks the same and I got it at Lowes. Not sure if it's the same but ought to work and keep the junk to a minimum. How much do you think (Guesstamite) it took to duplicate your UC for your buddy?

yes man. been there. it took me about 2 months to build the whole room start to finish. I started in bubble buckets and just evolved to recirculating naturally. I am using a bubble bucket right now actually just have to keep an eye on pH when doing it that way. either way water is just better for gardening IMO and more fun

cool man thanks. I found an online auction for a Danner Mag Drive Supreme 950 GPH for like 95 bucks shipped. I've got to check this one place for the cool hinged black buckets the squarish ones kinda like yours. I was going to use the new 18 gallon totes I have and might, it depends on how they seal I'll test fit a 3" unseal and test it when I get them.

the square buckets are definitely the best to use and easier to plumb the uniseals. as far as the 18 gal totes that's alot of water to push if there's more than one. my whole system filled holds about 18 gal and it's 6 sites. definitely possible though

yeah, I've been thinking the totes are too big and too thin. I have a URL of a place that has the square black hinged ones, I think there 8 gallons, not sure. I have a lot of what I need to setup a UC system, but of course as always not all :)
Man I'm not feeling the music like I did last weekend oh yeah no more GDP lol. Man I can't wait to harvest the Blueberry next week.

You have to be flat and square for larger hole throughs.

Nail on the head sir. really spend time drilling the hole good and straight, no plastic burrs before you insert the uniseals, and use plenty of lubrication inserting the piping. also when you angle the ends sand those sharp edges off prior or they will cut the uniseals going in and propose a possible leak.

I am waiting on a reply from the place I will order the sq. buckets. Thanks DK for all the info. You probably saved me another month. I will order everything next week when everyones open again. I started 2 beans hoping for 2 healthy moms. Hows the new cloner working compared to the 1st one you posted?

no prob man. the square hinged ones are the best

well it's day 8 now and the clone ends have callused and are white but no bumps yet... water temp is between 68-70, pH 5.8, pure RO water. I think the strain takes longer maybe. so I wait... lol

Back
Top Bottom