Aspen's Top Feed Undercurrent RDWC Blue Dream

If you say your humidity has been on point and you have no light leaks, I believe it to be the strain/seed. This happened to me with the same strain I did have higher humidity 60-70% and a clip fan that had a green LED which I thought may have been the problem but my two other strains had no issues. Have a look through my first journal you will see some of the photos even of a super cropped branch that actually turned out better from doing so. It seemed like they just kept stretching though flower or trying to revert back to vege my monster cropped clones look similar to this when they reverted back from flowering. Are you running 12/12 If so maybe reduce the lights to 10/14?
Here is a couple picks. Don't mean to jack your thread. This is strange as I have seen some really nice blue dream nugs.
20190106_220051.jpg
20190106_220032.jpg

Day 102 / 59 flower

PH: 5.9
EC: 1.9
WT: 71F
TT: 78F
RH: 42%

Haven't touched it much the last few days, and I can definitely see a marked improvement on trichome coverage and bud swell. I'm betting the stress was from so much growth that started dying due to no light. Now that things are receiving light, maybe she'll be back on track. There's definitely improvement here.

She got a water change today, and got the same nutes as last time.

CalMag @ 5mL per gallon, so total 35mL CalMag and wait 10 mins.
Micro @ 26.3mL total and wait 10 mins

43.8mL Bloom total, 3.5mL Z7 total, 14mL Hydroguard total.

Since this is a 10 week strain, and I'm seemingly behind, I'm guessing to have 2-3 weeks left before she's done.

If you say your humidity has been on point and you have no light leaks, I believe it to be the strain/seed. This happened to me with the same strain I did have higher humidity 60-70% and a clip fan that had a green LED which I thought may have been the problem but my two other strains had no issues. Have a look through my first journal you will see some of the photos even of a super cropped branch that actually turned out better from doing so. It seemed like they just kept stretching though flower or trying to revert back to vege my monster cropped clones look similar to this when they reverted back from flowering. Are you running 12/12 If so maybe reduce the lights to 10/14?
Here is a couple picks. Don't mean to jack your thread. This is strange as I have seen some really nice blue dream nugs.
20190106_220051.jpg
20190106_220032.jpg

No worries Curious on posting pics, I prefer it! My plant definitely looks like that though, and is exhibiting the exact same behavior as it hasn't stopped growing at all. It could definitely be a bad pheno in the Blue Dream strain, and I've seen other BD having this issue as well. I am running 12/12, but due to your advice and Chris' as well, I'll be switching her to 10-14 right now.

I run 10/14 now, it seems to speed up the process

Maybe worth a try

Just to confirm, that's 10 on and 14 off? I'll definitely make this change to see if it can help.

AC - Can I just say your plant is the most fucked up, loveable plant I’ve ever had the pleasure of watching/ playing a part in? Cheers to you for staying positive man. You have a lot of wisdom and phenomenal growers watching, caring, and wanting to see you succeed. This blue dream will be OK, next one great.

AC - Can I just say your plant is the most fucked up, loveable plant I’ve ever had the pleasure of watching/ playing a part in? Cheers to you for staying positive man. You have a lot of wisdom and phenomenal growers watching, caring, and wanting to see you succeed. This blue dream will be OK, next one great.

It's responses like this as to why I keep at it in the first place. I appreciate all the feedback I've gained during this journey. And you're absolutely right: There's always the next one!

Day 105 / 62 flower

PH: 5.8
EC: 1.9
WT: 71f
TT: 78f
RH: 44%

Boys, girls, I have to say, she isn't dead! Yet! And, dare I say, there's some noticeable growth here in the last 3 days. What I expected to be getting fatter is now starting to, well, fatten up. Her frosty bits are getting frostier, as well. Tomorrow is officially 9 weeks of flower, on this 10 week strain. Whew. We're getting closer day by day. Check out some of the growth in the past few days!

Underoo shot of all the buds developing in the shadows.

One of the monster colas that's touching the ceiling. The two mini-stalks are from the supercropping that happened a while back, which are going to pass the light as well. Should I top these?

The second monster cola trying to escape. That's a 4" exhaust fan, and that cola is just shy of being as thick as the body of that 4" fan.

The second to bottom photo is interesting from a light poi t of view, pretty candid shot of the light angle.

It's not angled I assure you, the angle of the pic is off. It's flat against the top of the tent.

Day 107 / 64 flower

PH: 5.9
EC: 1.8
WT: 72
TT: 78
RH: 49%

Added two gallons of water yesterday and threw in some calmag, z7, and hydroguard. I'm still seeing bulk being added every day, and I'm very happy about that. Either the light change (10 on / 14 off) or cutting out dead shit has brought her right around and she's cooperating fully at this point. She's still crawling across the ceiling, but I can live with that, because she's getting bigger in the bud department too.

Tried to get as close as I could and then zoom in to check the trichs. I'm seeing some cloudy, and a lot of clear. I'm going to verify with my 60x-120x scope though later tonight.

Chris Scorpio mentioned he's experienced faster bud development on that light schedule. I've also read that it further simulates "winter", and could be good to use in late flower. Have you ever used it, Penny?

Small mini-update: I've got new seeds on the way! Struck some deals on Seedsman, and completed my first bitcoin purchase. Feelsgoodman.

Seedsman's Bruce Banger fem photo x 3
Seedsman's Alaskan Purple fem photo x 3
Sumo's White Widow fem auto x 1
Seedsman's Jack Herer fem photo x 3
"Mystery Beans" x 4

The Mrs. and I decided we're going to go with the Bruce on the next go round, with maybe just letting it grow with light LST along the way. No cropping, topping, cutting, etc. We'll see about that tho.

I was thinking of doing a small scrog screen too, so anything's possible at this point. I'm hoping for a 1-2 week harvest, then another to dry, and the next run will start. Less than a month away, I'm thinking.

Back
Top Bottom