Aspen's Top Feed Undercurrent RDWC Blue Dream

The 'claw' leaves are often a sign of bugs and had the same issue 2 years ago mid-flower. Google "claw leaves" or check my previous post for a solution just make sure the oil doesn't get in the buckets to mess up the pH!

I hate to say it but the cat may be the source.....just like in my situation!
I still love her though!!! :love:

The bugs stopped me from growing indoors for 2 years until my current run I started in November. I chopped off some messed up buds and top leaves but the plants recovered well and sort of paused during the clean-up period. Now the weather is warming up in DC and I am very concerned they could come back.

A natural solution is a few lady bugs. One flew in my tent last grow and I removed it before I knew any better. Only reason I would consider the cat is the bugs might use her as a carrier because their fur is like a velcro pad for dust and particles and they probably came from some soil like a potted plant! They thrive in the grow tent and love the herb as much as we do!!! :yummy:

my plants have no height lol, i started them outside the tent for the first 20 days under less than optimal setting though, im currently 75 days from seed, but between the mainline stress and the planta starting outside the tent under a singlw cob probably 75 days is misleading, probably more like 40 day old plants but i was drying my last crop inside the tent and kept it empty for a week for cleaning and disinfecting before i finally put the gorilla girl in there. the white rhino has only been inside the tent for 3ish weeks now, part of the reason its smaller as well

Those look great! I do like the setup you have going on aswell, and that light is going to bang in that tent, that's for sure. I'll be sure to take a look at your log sometime and I'll sub to it! It'll be nice to see them grow up.

The 'claw' leaves are often a sign of bugs and had the same issue 2 years ago mid-flower. Google "claw leaves" or check my previous post for a solution just make sure the oil doesn't get in the buckets to mess up the pH!

I hate to say it but the cat may be the source.....just like in my situation!
I still love her though!!! :love:

Yeah, and our cats have a doggie door to a covered patio, so it could be the case. I had to cut some colas down today due to running out of space. I'm going to look at them with a scope and see what I can see. I'll keep an eye out for that for sure.

Day 99 / 56 flower

What a boring last week. To be completely honest, I have barely looked at her in the last week. I check once a day, but the system is dialed in so I haven't needed to do anything but add water every few days. She's still drinking, and PH and EC aren't changing much (0.1 every few days). When I add water I make sure to add in Z7, CalMag, HydroGuard, then PH to 5.8.

Now, the more shocking news. I opened the tent and found a few branches dying due to not receiving adequate light. I think I chopped down 5 branches in total, and everything looks way better. Why feed the bullshit buds on the dying branches? She can spend her energy on the healthy growth now.

Is this bud growth normal? I'm not sure if it's due to "fattening up" and is normal or if it's a sign of stress.

She's still growing, in case anyone is curious. I don't believe I've seen solid evidence of her growth stopping. All the journals I've read, when it's this far into flower, the growth up is done around 4 weeks into flower. I'm 8 weeks into flower as of today, and it's still growing.

Can I do anything with this? I have a myriad of super tiny buds, but without a proper flush and being 8 weeks in flower now, I'm not sure if I can do anything with it. I was planning on buying a Magic Butter machine and tossing trim in that. Could I do that with this bag of green?

Sure trim it up and throw it in your butter machine. Those funky leaves look like Hemp/Broad mite damage. May ant to get in close and scope out the underneath side of your l aves.

Sure trim it up and throw it in your butter machine. Those funky leaves look like Hemp/Broad mite damage. May ant to get in close and scope out the underneath side of your l aves.

I scoped out the stuff I cut off, no bugs. I moved into the tent and looked under leaves, around the equipment, in the hydroton, and don't see signs of pests. I did the best I could to use the handheld 60x scope I have to check out under leaves and some of the smaller bud sites, and don't see signs. I'll take a look at the mite damage pics and do some searching tho to check it out. Thanks!

If your lights are still on can you snap some shots of various bud sites? Sort of looks like she’s herming out but it’s hard to see what are leaves vs. new banana growth. If any buds look like they are sprouting something def take pics of that stuff.

Sure thing. I appreciate you wanting to take a look.

Actually, I'm just seeing these pics in higher res, and the lights off flash trick didn't seem to help much. Lights are on currently, I just turned them off for the flash.

They look ruff, bummer man

Well. She's gettin' weird, but she ain't dead yet. I think. lol.

they look like they are foxtailing, you gotta find some way to limit that stretch.
btw, i got a fan like you have, it works awesome in my tent, thanks for the suggestion

I'm glad it worked out! Hopefully yours won't get so tall, because right now my canopy is above the tower fan, so it's not necessarily doing the greatest job in swaying her leaves around. If you keep her short, this fan does wonders for sure.

Just trimmed that trash bag of, well, trim? Anyway, going to be putting that in the magical buttery machine this weekend. Do I need to dry it before I decarb it? Or can I just toss it in the oven at 250 for 30 minutes, then put it in the machine? It sounds cool as fuck.

In the process of trimming it, I took multiple samples under the microscope at 60x magnification and looked for any signs of mites. Anything. Leaves, pistils, buds, stems, inside stems, show no indication of an infestation. I then turned to the tent, and checked around under new growth, old growth, and found nothing. I'll definitely watch this a little closer now, and check around daily.

I'm a bit surprised at how big a couple of those colas are in the tent now. I mean could the claw be due to stress? All these leaves pushed up against eachother, buds growing into eachother, barely any light penetration, would cause overall stress. I have this feeling after cutting a quarter of the plant out, maybe it'll have some breathing room and will settle down.

Last observation: These colas actually would be massive if they were straight up and down. I just noticed (with all that shit cut out) that it's because the stem was cropped that all the growth tips turned up and grew away from the stem. If she wasn't so fucking tall, all the bud would be building on top of eachother. I especially noticed this when I trimmed the dead stuff and stems away from the butter run. I was absolutely shocked at how big that shit actually is, even if it is under-developed. I believe it to be under-developed though because I kept moving the stems during the entire flower phase. I don't know, that seems to make sense to me, but could be completely wrong!

Could be heat stress but I'm not thinking it is.
Hey PW

Will stress or major pH cause what looks like Re-Veg????
Wanna say Emilya thought a pH issue may cause it?

This is the 2nd Ive seen people have in last 2weeks, both swear no light issues, as in all at 12/12 and no leaks

I'm cornfused is why I ask

My guess is still Hemp mites but shouldn't cause it to reveg.
I'm going to look at this more in depth and with a sober eye tomorrow after work. I see what you mean in the plant sickness book pics, and so I'll spend some time in the tent tomorrow really looking it over.

Back
Top Bottom