DNA Genetics, Sorbet Stash, 1000W In Coco, The Mr Canuck Way

Haha well you would be wrong sir! I am most definitely Canadian...eh. Taxes are the worst! You see your gross pay and you’re like “nice!” See net pay and it turns to the immediate opposite “wtf?!” But I guess that’s life! When you work for yourself you get paid everything which feels good but you’ve gotta sock money away in anticipation!

I am in Ontario! Graduated in 2014!

Haha yeah alright that’s fair. I use C for pretty much everything except for house temp and air temp in the tent. Got kinda used to it just from seeing it all the time online!

Day 35 of flower... checked in and discovered that my water level hadn't changed from yesterday. Turns out the filter in my res was completely clogged with white slime. I added some advanced nutrients bud candy a couple of days ago and it allowed the slime to grow and completely muck things up. Won't be using it with the autopots anymore.

I dumped the res and gave everything a good cleaning with hot water, then refilled and added h202 and some fresh nutes. The plants look no worse for wear, might have caught it quickly enough. I'll be giving everything a thorough cleaning on my next day off, until then plenty of h202 in the res. I'll be keeping a close eye out for any more of the dreaded white goo.

The res is down about 5 gallons in 24 hours. No signs of the white sludge either, thankfully. The girls were thirsty!

Snapped a few pics before the hps kicked in

Attachments

• 20200217_165815.jpg
    20200217_165815.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • 20200217_165803.jpg
    20200217_165803.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • 20200217_165736.jpg
    20200217_165736.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • 20200217_165748.jpg
    20200217_165748.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
Today is day 50 of flower and the smell is getting pretty strong. The buds have fattened up a little, but they're not big by any means.

I'm buying a pair of electric sky es300's for my next grow. It will be cool to see how the results compare after growing the same clones under HID. It will also be cool to take better pictures too, no more HPS glow!

After checking out my schedule. I'm going to have to harvest on the 10th and 11th due to other commitments, which would put em at 58 days. Might be a little on the early side. I'll be running RO water and flawless finish from here on.

The nugs look bomb! Curious to see what the new lights will bring. How long are you planning on waiting for harvest? A good 2-3 weeks might do it

Hey man, Harvest has to go down on the 10th. Which works out to 58 days, or a little over 8 weeks. It's a shitload of work and I have 2 kid free days to take care of it. I won't be free to do it afterwards. Hoping to have some dark + cloudy trichs by then. The sample was taken from the bottom of the plant, the tops should be a little further along.

You should! That being said, would you do anything different from this run if you were to redo it?

I'd change a couple of things for sure. First, I would have started flowering a week sooner. I also should have left the MH in for the first 2 weeks of flower to try and minimize the amount of stretch. I'm excited to see whether switching to led will make a difference.

I've been checking out reviews for lights and it looks like the Gavita pro 1700 is the top choice available. More light and way better uniformity throughout the grow space compared to 2 es300's. It's a little more expensive, but I'm thinking it's the better choice for my setup.

Forgive my ignorance, but what are the main advantages of these lights compared to 600-1500W LED's you can get on amazon for so little money?

The lights I'm talking about actually draw 600 watts or more from the wall. They are full spectrum and beef up the far red's to enhance flowering. Uniformity is huge too, they light up the entire 4x4 space well enough to have big buds everywhere.

A lot of the lights on Amazon say the are 1000 watts, etc. But they are only drawing 100 watts, etc. Uniformity and penetration is lower, so you grow some decent bud directly under the light, but the stuff at the sides and underneath doesn't do very well. They are usually blurple and hard on the eyes, where the full spectrum look a lot more like natural light.

The lights I'm talking about actually draw 600 watts or more from the wall. They are full spectrum and beef up the far red's to enhance flowering. Uniformity is huge too, they light up the entire 4x4 space well enough to have big buds everywhere.

A lot of the lights on Amazon say the are 1000 watts, etc. But they are only drawing 100 watts, etc. Uniformity and penetration is lower, so you grow some decent bud directly under the light, but the stuff at the sides and underneath doesn't do very well. They are usually blurple and hard on the eyes, where the full spectrum look a lot more like natural light.

That's great to know! I've been using them and they definitely are harsh on the eyes. This grow will tell me if I need to upgrade

How big is your grow space?

I have a 4x2 tent only. Planning on having 3 plants in it side by side. Currently have a single 1000W LED, will be adding a second one (already bought) when I receive my seeds.

Back
Top Bottom