Does anyone knows what this is? Little white dots

facu

420 Member
Hello, im new in this forum and its my first grow. A few days ago i noticed this little dots and i´ve been doing research but couldn´t find anything like this. I tried scratching them off and they don´t seem to even move, and apparently they formed this light green circle. She is starting to flower and i didn´t have any problems with pests or mold until now. What should i do? Thanks a lot for the help.

IMG_20201023_165315.jpg
IMG_20201024_152244_1.jpg
IMG_20201024_005431.jpg

Welcome,,not enuff info ,r they indica or sativa, kept inside or outside ,any pesticides used in area , personally never seen this before,,if it only on bottom couple leaves u could crop .as long as there's fresh growth

Welcome,,not enuff info ,r they indica or sativa, kept inside or outside ,any pesticides used in area , personally never seen this before,,if it only on bottom couple leaves u could crop .as long as there's fresh growth

Hey, thanks for the answer, they are sativa autoflowers (orange bud auto from dutch passion), they are indoors and i haven´t used any pesticides, strangely is only on bottom leaves. If it were pests how much time would it take to colonize the plant?

It may just be trichomes or possibly mildew but it does not look bad keep an eye out and keep us informed and one of us will be able to help I am sure.

Thanks for the answer and the interest. At first i tought it was mildew but i understand that if you touch or scratch powdery mildew it will come right off, but this does not come off even if you scratch the leaves, do trichomes start appearing in lower fan leaves and in this way? Also, i spent all day searching for pests, a little bug, something that moves, on top or under the leaves , i couldn´t find anything. Im lost here.

If it only on bottom leaves then just crop em ,I'm guessing they're still in veg state ,in veg they can rebound from almost anything,,remember its called weed for a reason ,,

Did you foliar feed or mist the leaves at any stage ?
the large circle could be a condensation drip , something so simple , leaves can even bruise with LST I've noticed

Hey, thanks for the answer. No i didn't foliar feed or mist at any stage, but since the circle isn't getting bigger i suppouse its a condensation drip, the thing is, why those little dots have gatered in the circle?

If it were pests how much time would it take to colonize the plant?
Could be a blink, overnight or over days...pests are tools!
Did you foliar feed or mist the leaves at any stage ?
the large circle could be a condensation drip , something so simple , leaves can even bruise with LST I've noticed
^this guy can spot a water drop like a forensic tech...:adore:

Also, this link has a few pest sections
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

humidity high ?

Not really, its between 50% and 60%. But if it is mold or something like that, it would come off if i touch it or scratch it right? (regardless of it appearing again). This thing won´t come off with anything, its like glued to the plant. ( is that how trichomes behave?)

Could be a blink, overnight or over days...pests are tools!

^this guy can spot a water drop like a forensic tech...:adore:

Also, this link has a few pest sections
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Hey thanks for the answer. The strange thing is i couldn´t find anything moving even with a magnifier. I think i should spray with neem just in case, but its starting to flower and i don´t want to mess it up. Thanks for the link!

Hey facu,

Welcome to forums at 420..!

As far as pests go, there are many which are too small to see without magnification. Yes trichs are tiny stalks or gland heads on your leaves, they are very sticky and glue like. Most growers have a loupe or mini microscope to see the trich colors to determine ripeness for harvest, the scopes also help to identify mites or eggs hiding on your leaves. This is a cheapie 30/60 X magnification version about $12 at grow shops or online, very handy tool for any cannabis grower...

Hey thanks for the answer. The strange thing is i couldn´t find anything moving even with a magnifier. I think i should spray with neem just in case, but its starting to flower and i don´t want to mess it up. Thanks for the link!
I have almost got this grow in jars, but did fight aphids. If starting to flower i would reread when to use neem - someone will speak up if it is too late in flower. If you see no bugs, don't borrow trouble, just check a few resources before you decide it is not bugs. The water drop on normal fuzzy leaves is plausible, but if it is masking bugs you could wake up to an infested plant. Chin up, look her over! :goodluck:

Hey facu,

Welcome to forums at 420..!

As far as pests go, there are many which are too small to see without magnification. Yes trichs are tiny stalks or gland heads on your leaves, they are very sticky and glue like. Most growers have a loupe or mini microscope to see the trich colors to determine ripeness for harvest, the scopes also help to identify mites or eggs hiding on your leaves. This is a cheapie 30/60 X magnification version about $12 at grow shops or online, very handy tool for any cannabis grower...

Hey, thanks for the answer. Yes maybe i should consider buying one of these, do you know how much does it need to amplify in order to see the trichomes or the pests?

I have almost got this grow in jars, but did fight aphids. If starting to flower i would reread when to use neem - someone will speak up if it is too late in flower. If you see no bugs, don't borrow trouble, just check a few resources before you decide it is not bugs. The water drop on normal fuzzy leaves is plausible, but if it is masking bugs you could wake up to an infested plant. Chin up, look her over! :goodluck:

Okay, today i will try my best to find the source of this evil, whatever it takes! May the buds be with me :snowboating:(and with you too, thanks! :headbanger:)

Back
Top Bottom