Is this color a little off?

Personal Stash

These skunk #1 clones look a little off color to me but I have lousy color vision; what do you think? They are groring in a coco/perlite mix and using jacks 3-2-1 nutrients. They are getting about 600 par or so (rough estimate) in light and I am feeding once daily at 600 ppm's, and 5.8-6.2 ph. They just don';t look green to me, what do you guys think?

IMG_20221221_104601.jpg

IMG_20221221_104545.jpg

IMG_20221221_104532.jpg

I do add a little calmag to the mix, just 5 ml per 3 gals before but I just upped it to 10 ml per 3 gal.

I think you’re over thinking it my friend. The colour looks just fine from what I can see from the pics. They would be darker if you added more nitrogen. How far are they into veg? You water them daily? This seems a bit much. Is all the water and weight gone from the pots before you feed them again? I feed/water every 3 or more days usually and when the soil is completely dry to the bottom. It’s very common for folks to over water. Less common of a problem is under watering. Looking good overall. Good luck👍

To me the veins look too dark and the leaf looks light green with a hint of yellow coming up on some.. I dunno Cplchris.. I'd be like something is up as well.. they are young, should be a healthy equal green. So there's already a shortage or an excess putting things off-kilter.

Do you just feed? or feed/water?

I've started using calmag now too but with liters of distilled water with a few cups of my tap water mixed in as if I use just my tap water I'm pretty much clogging up my roots with calcium don't want to add more to that. as the water here is so fricking hard, even a drop that evaporates leaves a way to visible white residue. And since I've started using distilled water my plants complain a lot less.. I do still add some tap water as if I put the nutes in my distilled water the ph plummets and with the tap water I can rise it again to just where I want without using PH-

Hello my friend.

Could be over watering causing that….

Maybe try doing the same thing but leaving them longer between feedings. Also maybe up the nitrogen a bit. When I do that the leaves will darken up and be more consistent.

How big are your pots?

Also what lights and how much actual wattage do they put out?

I do feed every time I water as well. I find each plant can be different in their needs. Some need more and some less. They will tell you if it’s too much. During veg they need lots of nitrogen though. Could be as simple as giving them a bit more. I use calmag as well

I think you’re over thinking it my friend. The colour looks just fine from what I can see from the pics. They would be darker if you added more nitrogen. How far are they into veg? You water them daily? This seems a bit much. Is all the water and weight gone from the pots before you feed them again? I feed/water every 3 or more days usually and when the soil is completely dry to the bottom. It’s very common for folks to over water. Less common of a problem is under watering. Looking good overall. Good luck👍
I was watering every day regardless if they needed it or not. I thought you couldn't over-water when growing in coco coir but turns out I can. I am waiting til the pots are a little lighter now. I am also upping the nitrogen as you suggest. The biggest plant is about 3-4 weeks old; all are clones. Thanks for the reply. Oh, now I see where you say it may be an iron deficiency. I will look into that and see what I need to do about it. I never had that problem when I used advanced nutrients. Again, thanks for the help.

The symptoms are easy to identify...you have interveinal chlorosis...meanning you are deficient in a micro nutrient, most likely iron. The reason you are having this problem is what you have to figure out.
Thank you for the diagnosis. I haven't had this before so I need to do some reading up on it. Thanks again.

To me the veins look too dark and the leaf looks light green with a hint of yellow coming up on some.. I dunno Cplchris.. I'd be like something is up as well.. they are young, should be a healthy equal green. So there's already a shortage or an excess putting things off-kilter.

Do you just feed? or feed/water?

I've started using calmag now too but with liters of distilled water with a few cups of my tap water mixed in as if I use just my tap water I'm pretty much clogging up my roots with calcium don't want to add more to that. as the water here is so fricking hard, even a drop that evaporates leaves a way to visible white residue. And since I've started using distilled water my plants complain a lot less.. I do still add some tap water as if I put the nutes in my distilled water the ph plummets and with the tap water I can rise it again to just where I want without using PH-
My tap water is too high in tds's, over 500 ppms sometimes, so I always use ro water. I always feed, never plain water, usually around 600 ppms at this stage. I get plenty of run-off and check it regularly. You are right about the veins and the colors. Others are saying iron deficiency, I am checking into that next. Thanks for replying.

My tap water is too high in tds's, over 500 ppms sometimes, so I always use ro water. I always feed, never plain water, usually around 600 ppms at this stage. I get plenty of run-off and check it regularly. You are right about the veins and the colors. Others are saying iron deficiency, I am checking into that next. Thanks for replying.
600 ppm sounds about right. My plants are at about 6 weeks and I’m giving them 700 ppm . My nitrogen is a high level though. Once I gave my plant 1000 ppm and it turned completely yellow in about 15 min. I’m very careful now and don’t make huge increases. I agree use some rap water. Mine is at 200 ppm from the tap. There is iron in there. Might solve the problem.

Maybe add a bit of tap as well again? as that will add a bunch of metals & minerals.
That's a good tip. I used to do that now and then but I quit doing it, but now I will add a little tap water to the mix again. Might just solve the iron problem. Thanks.

600 ppm sounds about right. My plants are at about 6 weeks and I’m giving them 700 ppm . My nitrogen is a high level though. Once I gave my plant 1000 ppm and it turned completely yellow in about 15 min. I’m very careful now and don’t make huge increases. I agree use some rap water. Mine is at 200 ppm from the tap. There is iron in there. Might solve the problem.
Yes, I agree with the tap water idea. I am also going to up the nitrogen a little.

Hey @ELLISJ, I think the leaves look pretty good. You may have magnesium deficiency. Red leaf stems are a sign of that, as is the yellowing you're seeing, which is called interveinal chlorosis.

I'm gonna invite the illustrious @Bill284 ... he's a coco/perlite expert.

These skunk #1 clones look a little off color to me but I have lousy color vision; what do you think? They are groring in a coco/perlite mix and using jacks 3-2-1 nutrients. They are getting about 600 par or so (rough estimate) in light and I am feeding once daily at 600 ppm's, and 5.8-6.2 ph. They just don';t look green to me, what do you guys think?

IMG_20221221_104601.jpg

IMG_20221221_104545.jpg

IMG_20221221_104532.jpg
Good morning my friend. :ciao:
Lovely garden, your not doing too bad.
Your girls need full strength nutrients.
600 ppm is a little low.
Do you put calmag in your water first?
Are you following the recommended dosages on the schedule?
Coco needs fed every day full strength nutrients at 5.8 ph to run off. With calmag.
Bump your ppm's and they will be great.
Do you have a journal going?

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

I do add calmag to the water first but I just upped it a little. I have never followed the full strength schedule as I have heard numerous times to not do that. But every once in a while somebody says 3 ec is fine. I think you are right though and I will up the nutes as directed. I do water with nutes every day and twice a day when in mid to late flower. Thanks so much for your advice.

Hey @ELLISJ, I think the leaves look pretty good. You may have magnesium deficiency. Red leaf stems are a sign of that, as is the yellowing you're seeing, which is called interveinal chlorosis.

I'm gonna invite the illustrious @Bill284 ... he's a coco/perlite expert.
Thanks for the reply. I just upped the calmag and already looking better, thanks. I am also upping the ppm's as Bill suggested.

Thanks for the reply. I just upped the calmag and already looking better, thanks. I am also upping the ppm's as Bill suggested.
I put the calmag in first and wait no minutes before adding nutrients in order as recommended, micro, grow, bloom.
Try and follow the schedule for your nutrients.
Once you can read them them you can adjust their nutrients.
Happy growing my friend.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom