and yeah, I'll tinker a box for that driver inlcuding a holder for the poti, gauge included :D

tenor.gif

So, time for a little Update :) :green_heart:

Had 3 Bonusseeds from Zamnesia (Bruce Banner 3) unfortunately 1 didnt poped and 1 died right after germination, so I had to add 2 more, also Bonusseeds (G13 Haze from my loved breeder Barneys Farm), both germinated and I putted them into 1L Airpots tonight, they are a bit behind, but i plan to top the Bruce Banner, so hopefully after the topping they should be at the same state of growth.

All is in my little Box as I mentioned before :)

IMG_20210105_001143.jpg

IMG_20210105_001152.jpg

@Vike in this box I got the HLG-60H-20AB version, and can dimm it from 0-100%, again a 98x LM301B from led-tech.de but on a different PCB, cooler included. It also has max ~56W.

IMG_20210105_001231.jpg

and yeah, I'll tinker a box for that driver inlcuding a holder for the poti, gauge included :D

So far,

-Teleon :Namaste:
Looking good. I like the 3d printed parts. I kinda gave up on the drivers since Digikey is going to send me some warranty papers. I might buy the HLG-320H-20AB's. Waiting to see if I get a refund or do they just fix the old ones.

Thx :) Yeah 3D printing is great for stuff like that, when u need something not from the shelf, also can create my own things with Autodesk Fusion360 ;)

I might buy the HLG-320H-20AB's.

Maybe u should go for a HLG-600H-20AB....and "just" use 10 stripes, so max 560W, realistic cause heat for long time use ~500W...Or u wait for the broken ones and try it then again first.

Thx :) Yeah 3D printing is great for stuff like that, when u need something not from the shelf, also can create my own things with Autodesk Fusion360 ;)

Maybe u should go for a HLG-600H-20AB....and "just" use 10 stripes, so max 560W, realistic cause heat for long time use ~500W...Or u wait for the broken ones and try it then again first.
I watched some video of Greengenes where he explained that two drivers are better than one. I've already forgotten why that is. He said it's "more bang for the buck"

I just took a look at my tent after 2 days of flowering. I have to order the drivers now and not wait for the warranty because my plants are getting uncontrollably high soon. Getting the LED light working might save a lot of bud burning.
I had to top everything and already in 2 days they are too close to the HPS. I've also tied them away from the light pretty much as far as I can. Doesn't look like there's much room for stretch.

PXL_20210106_183031668.jpg

PXL_20210106_183040687.jpg

If I where you I would remove that soil storage you got underneath the plants and use that for height for the plants looks like its going to get very crowded in there.
It's the nute reservoir. I thought about taking it away but then I would have to top feed manually and the excess water would probably go all over the floor or at least would stay in the tray. Soggy roots are kinda bad. Also it would be really hard to remove the plants without braking branches. They use so much water stretching so it's just a lot of work I don't want to do. I might have to do it anyways.
Shit, I really need to order those drivers... :)

Just ordered the 2x HLG-320H-20AB's from a local seller. Of course me being me I forgot to add the potentiometers :D
I have some somewhere. Any idea what kind is the best for these? Any old 10KOHM should do right? I might have to desolder them from somewhere.
Anyways, really hope these do the trick. Interesting to see if I did something wrong or are these that I have now actually broken.

I watched some video of Greengenes where he explained that two drivers are better than one. I've already forgotten why that is. He said it's "more bang for the buck"

I just took a look at my tent after 2 days of flowering. I have to order the drivers now and not wait for the warranty because my plants are getting uncontrollably high soon. Getting the LED light working might save a lot of bud burning.
I had to top everything and already in 2 days they are too close to the HPS. I've also tied them away from the light pretty much as far as I can. Doesn't look like there's much room for stretch.

PXL_20210106_183031668.jpg

PXL_20210106_183040687.jpg

Looking very crowded :D :green_heart:

Well, I agree with @CraZysWeeD , it would be the best to get rid of the nute tank underneath, cause also with the LED's u need a bit distance between them and the top of the plants...

Cant put it on the left side outside the tent? seems like there is some space?!

Just ordered the 2x HLG-320H-20AB's from a local seller. Of course me being me I forgot to add the potentiometers :D
I have some somewhere. Any idea what kind is the best for these? Any old 10KOHM should do right? I might have to desolder them from somewhere.
Anyways, really hope these do the trick. Interesting to see if I did something wrong or are these that I have now actually broken.

Wish u luck with the new ones, when will they arrive?!
Actually u should read the Datasheet....it's not like a Ikea shelf which is mostly self-explanatory :laughtwo:

U need a 10k-100k Ohm Poti, 10V PWM or 1-10V DC Voltage.....Just get some from Amazon or so.

And again, a little Update :) :green_heart:

The 2x G13 Haze is doing great so far, the Bruce Banner might need some first haircut ;) Later when she is a little bigger she will be topped, the G13 stay normal.

Watered with water a some Orgatrex from BioTabs...also the soil got some extra bacteria and mycorrhiza spores. When they will go in the 9L Airpots they also get each 2x tabs from BioTabs and again some bacteria and mycorrhiza ;) Did that at the last ones and where impressed with the BioTabs system, no pH and EC checking and the ladies had no problems at all. I just will give some extra nutes in bloom, think that will boost it even better!

CIMG3256.JPG

CIMG3257.JPG

So far,

-Teleon:ganjamon:

@Vike , any news?

I'm on making a mini oscillating fan for the veg box....a 80mm PC fan, with a servo and my loved arduino will do the trick, will make a report about that when it's done :)
I ordered them locally because it said delivery time: within 3 days. Week has passed and I went to check again and they've updated the page to 14-42 days... Kinda amazing how much trouble there has been dealing with the LED build. Albeit some my own fault but still.

It's not looking good in my tent. Been trying to tie the tops to the sides. For extra precious centimeters Zip tied the HPS so close to the tent top that I had to put some PC heatsinks in between because I'm afraid it might melt a hole through.

According to tracking I might get the drivers in a couple of days but you might be right about removing the reservoir. I'll see what I'll do after the drivers arrive.

PXL_20210113_185953638.jpg

PXL_20210113_190009625.jpg

PXL_20210113_190038875.jpg

Yeah that's what you get not giving them enough room to grow.
Yeah, I've grown 4-5 harvests with this setup but and it's been always close. Now I let them veg too long or maybe they are just stretchy variety. I decided to dismantle everything. I don't think I can put the Led in even if I get it to work. Need to make more room.

Hmm and there is no way to get the watertank out of the tent? There are also some "waterbags" which are used from the autopot system....

Problem with the Meanwell drivers is, when nothing is available in Europe, u have to wait until the next ship arrives....had the same problem with the HLG-60H-20AB...ordered it from a Website, after a week they said it would take another 30-45 days. Luckily one shop in Poland had one, the last one at this time in entire Europe ;)

I always use strains which are max 1m, mostly under that, had no problem so far after 6 grows!

I got new drivers and assortment of potentiometers. Not in a hurry anymore as I decided to flower with the HPS. 3 weeks into flowering now so I doubt it would make a huge difference in yield even if I got them under the LEDs? Did you use 2x 100K ohm pots or 1x 50K to control both drivers with 1 pot? I wonder what would be better. I guess 1.

Back
Top Bottom