DopyLemontree's High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow Jour

Re: DopyLemontree's DocBud High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow

Wow beautiful buds you got drying there! I bet they smell super yummy:drool:

Those OG's looking so sweet and ripe, I love the look of some nice mature ripe cannabis... Great job with those 3 girls in veg as well, you definitely have some huge bushes on your hands!

Re: DopyLemontree's DocBud High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow

DL great job getting those veggi girls ready...looks like their wanting to flip.... :goodjob: I'll be hangn' round your garden from time to time... Ole Rooster out for now..:peace:

Thanks Rooster! Gonna go hack the veggies down a bit now, prep'em for the flip.

Wow beautiful buds you got drying there! I bet they smell super yummy:drool:

Those OG's looking so sweet and ripe, I love the look of some nice mature ripe cannabis... Great job with those 3 girls in veg as well, you definitely have some huge bushes on your hands!

Thanks Kid! I agree, mature bud photos are really cool....all the work has lead up to this! It's time to chop them today, and jar up the BG that is drying. Got to get to work....

Good morning!

Wow yesterday was a major garden work day...11 hours total..phew!

First, I manicured all the BG that was hanging for 5 days, and placed in jars to start the cure...After 4 hours the RH% stabilized at 67%. Gonna burp the jars every day till it stabilizes to 62-65% then open less often.

Second, I chopped the Headband OG, both plants, and trimmed for 4 hours, washed the buds with Doc's wash technique, and hung them to start the drying process.
420-magazine-mobile1762596187.jpg

I must say that this OG cut is a real pain in the butt to trim. Very leafy! Gonna phase this one out eventually. Gonna give it a 4th try though, as I have two of them ready to flip. This time I'm am testing something I pick up from Doc. I have 5 plants ready to flip, 2- Headband OG, 2- blue dreams, and 1 Bubblegum. I took the clones I needed, just in case I do want to run these again.
420-magazine-mobile2013205359.jpg

Then I hacked half the plants back, reducing the sprouting nodes by 50% and also reducing the height by 50% approximately.

The goal is we are going in to flowering with a large root ball supporting half the plant that use to be there. And letting light right through so I can see soil from above, which will get light to the lower canopy. I also reduced the number of bud sites, to reduce the amount of popcorn buds....less trimming...and focus the plants energy to the remaining bud sites.

These frankenstrains have such inefficient root systems, and last grow proved that by vegging them longer the root system was bigger and able to support itself. Now I'm taking the next step, bigger root system, remove some of the vegetation. Look at how I thinned this OG against the others that are not thinned out yet:
420-magazine-mobile46336452.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1539414458.jpg

I did this to all of them, then gave them a foliar destress spray, and a deep Transplant drench with tea, and into the flower room they go.
420-magazine-mobile619155744.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2020659991.jpg

Also note worthy, I read Doc's new instructions the other day, and wow!...so much better. The .5 to 1ml of drench per gallon on soil is so much clearer when figuring the GE, TP, and CAT. The tea is measured now at 5ml per 5 gallons of water. I realized that I had been feeding on the very low side previously. So this run I will be following these new instructions, and watching closely. I have 75 gallons of soil between these 5 plants. So I mixed up 75ml which is 6 Tbsp of TP, and 8 ml of tea in 8 gallons of RO water. Gave half on top, and the other half in the saucer. The soil sucks up the drench in the saucer in 2 mins...then gone!

What I'm doing in nothing new...I see other very successful growers applying this...it just new to me!

After that, I mixed up 10 parts water to 1 part bleach and cleaned everything, walls floors, tools, lights, all the paths I walk...everywhere!

It felt so good to do all that, and was well worth the day to do it. Being clean, organized and prepped is a good thing for me.

Phew! Time to partake in a sesh!

DL

You know DL, I'm pleased I run thru so many gardens..... just like yours, I pick up something new daily. Thanks for being so thorough... an Ole Rooster soaking......

Thanks Bud! I love surfin the knowledge!

Cheers!

Great harvest and beautiful veg plants for next run subbed

Great harvest and beautiful veg plants for next run subbed

Hi Bignugz, and welcome! Should be an interesting grow this time....just got some new genetics too from MrSoul and will be starting some seeds soon for the next run....so excited!

Alright...these girls are cranking! Loving that last TP drench a couple days ago...look at the new growth. I'm happy with the structure and bud sites.

At Day 2 pf

420-magazine-mobile939272797.jpg
420-magazine-mobile54391185.jpg

And the clones are doing what rootless clones do.....hanging on for dear life.

Loving it

420-magazine-mobile9577031.jpg

Good night!
DL

Awesome update DL! Garden is looking awesome and that poppy is beautiful!

Awesome update DL! Garden is looking awesome and that poppy is beautiful!

Thanks Beavis, you enjoying your BD?

I agree with beavis. I am definately interested in seeing how the plants do after being chopped and then flipped

Thanks TB...that makes three of us. We will see...

Ok back with a update that is from last Friday night....I'll get some pics tonight, cus these girls are in overdrive with new growth....they are 5 days pf

Last Friday gave a drink of RO water to each of the 5 plants, about 1.75 gallons each. Then gave a good brix foliar misting to the undersides.

420-magazine-mobile642091804.jpg
420-magazine-mobile900112562.jpg
420-magazine-mobile646735366.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1860015803.jpg

Plants are recovering nicely from the thinning out I gave them on flip day. The larger, more developed root system is easily supporting the vigorous growth. Hope this continues

The OG I harvested, hung for 5 days, then into the containers to cure....I'm out of jars right now, so these containers will have to do. Covers on they are at 66% RH at 71*F

420-magazine-mobile2005263249.jpg

New shots tonight coming soon

DL

Are you going to do any training?

Hi TB,

I did most of the training in veg already. From here on out, I will give another clean up trim of lower shaded canopy at around 20-22 days pf. Then in stall my stakes on each pot to support the weighty buds. The OGs branches always flop once the buds bulk up, the BD too. The Bubblegum usually doesn't need staking, but last grow it did...buds were huge!

I'm really trying to focus on less bud sites with more quality bud, on a short bushy plant due to my room restrictions. Trying to make the trimming process less laborious, than it already is. Hate trimming all those popcorn buds!

DL

Almost forgot....I was conducting a test last grow and I have the outcome. I wanted to compare the final weight of bud from 1 OG plant vs 2 OG's in one pot...both 15 gallon pots.

The two OG's in one pot weighed in at 139 gms total and the one OG in its own pot weighed in at 153 gms total.

Interesting.....

Ok as promised, update from last night.

Lots of new growth here 8 days pf

Bubblegum nice and stout as usual
420-magazine-mobile1500659758.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2050841668.jpg

Both Blue Dreams really filling out, these two are cranking...
420-magazine-mobile956231017.jpg
420-magazine-mobile436855105.jpg

The BG and both BD got a GE drench last night... 5.25gal of RO H2o, 4.5ml tea, 45ml of GE, and 11.25ml TP. This is a typical GE drench for 3 plants in 45 gallons of soil.

The two OG's were not ready for a drench yet, soil was still damp, and pots heavy when I lift test them. So they will wait a couple more days. The OG's are very finicky and the roots don't develop as fast as the others. They recovered slower from the thinning. They also don't have as much foliage, less transpiration. They are rebounding though, and for the first time I'm seeing that waxy shiny sheen to the leaves.

420-magazine-mobile1303823521.jpg
420-magazine-mobile632640072.jpg

Oh and guess what I noticed tonight....
420-magazine-mobile738408162.jpg

The first two clones with roots at 8days....both OG's....go figure!

DL

Girls are starting to stretch really nicely, I bet in 8 more days they'll be completely different in the best way and really on their way to stacking! :goodjob:

Girls are starting to stretch really nicely, I bet in 8 more days they'll be completely different in the best way and really on their way to stacking! :goodjob:

Hi CK.....Yes the stretch is on. About 10-12 more days and I will know what to remove in the lower canopy, the stuff that will be shaded. It's such a fun process, I love this part!

Hi CK.....Yes the stretch is on. About 10-12 more days and I will know what to remove in the lower canopy, the stuff that will be shaded. It's such a fun process, I love this part!

Its always so exciting no matter which part of flowering, there is always something new happening or going on!

Back
Top Bottom