DopyLemontree's High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow Jour

Re: DopyLemontree's DocBud High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow

Update time!

Ok gave the bloomers a great big GE drench, mixed 1/2 tsp of tea in 8 gallons, I usually wait 20 mins to let the tea bloom, then I add 1oz of GE and 1 1/2 tsp of TP(25%). Feed evenly to all 4 plants. Hoping to bulk up the flowers.

Bubblegum

420-magazine-mobile692100076.jpg
420-magazine-mobile17233544.jpg
420-magazine-mobile911588671.jpg

And the Headband OG's

420-magazine-mobile746789612.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2041017561.jpg

BG's in front OG's in the back

420-magazine-mobile350967682.jpg

The veggie girls are on 14 days, and still no drink since transplant!!! They will be ready tonight for one. Then another week or two til I flip them. They are responding nicely to the topping I gave them 5 days ago, starting to get bushy.

420-magazine-mobile921444633.jpg

Head band OG
420-magazine-mobile644869686.jpg

Bubblegum need no training...just let her go

420-magazine-mobile385563779.jpg

Well that's it for now
Have a great Monday everyone!

DL

Re: DopyLemontree's DocBud High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow

Ok time for a quick update.

I found some thrips on the underside of the leaves, all of the plants had some. I knew they were around as they leave that tell tale silvery dried spots you see on top of the leave. I've dealt with them before, they are no big deal if you don't let them get out of hand. The real danger is they can spread things like mosaic tobacco and stuff, so you want to nip them. First though I must say that these high brix plants have strong constitutions, but I like to help them out, and I use Spinosad, its an insecticide based on chemical compounds found in the bacterial species Saccharopolyspora spinosa. Read up on it...very safe, even up to a few days of harvest, plus I wash my bud anyways. Very effective and can be used in conjunction with other products to increase effectiveness, but I have not needed to go that far.

Gave all the plants a good soaking above and below.

Also gave the bloomers 8 total gallons of RO H20, as last drench was a GE.

420-magazine-mobile70439949.jpg

Had to stake up bubble gum, that one bud is huge and weighty, stem was bent like a fishing pole with a 20lbs striper on it.

420-magazine-mobile1524381990.jpg

And look at the veggers! A big watering after two weeks does wonders!

420-magazine-mobile1999715376.jpg
420-magazine-mobile267337471.jpg

Ok I'm heading out to play some gee-tar.down at the local club...have a healthy night!

DL

Those thrips will be a minor disturbance. If you wait afterward for the spinosad to go away you can add my favorite garden warriors the Hypoaspis miles. They eat fungus gnat larvae, thrip larvae, mites, and decaying matter if no bugs are around. I got them by accident but love them!

Thanks Shiggity, I just read up on them. Looks like I can attack the larvae in the soil with the Hypoaspis, and really displace the thrip life cycle.

Hey DL, with ur OGs you have a lot of Mag issue right? Are you on the new kit yet? Also, once you see the mag deficiencies life the tacoing of leaves, will that go away or will it only show in new leaf growth?

Hey DL, with ur OGs you have a lot of Mag issue right? Are you on the new kit yet? Also, once you see the mag deficiencies life the tacoing of leaves, will that go away or will it only show in new leaf growth?

No im still on the old formula...quarts of everything left...but I have the OG drench. My mag issues are getting better with each grow, but not spot on. I keep adjusting small amounts and documenting the results. After this last GE drench I noticed the OG's top fan leaves start to taco. But the new top growth does not. Once a leaf tacos I never see it go away completely, but that may be me not addressing it timely and correctly. There are a lot of little fine details...I just read where Doc stated the difference between a good grow a great one could be a few degrees...I think he was commenting on your post. Your plants looked very healthy by the way. My plants have the purple petioles also veg and flower...not sure if it is enviro,Mag issues, or the strain, or a combo. I'm also contemplating more hard foam insulation on the floor, to compare on next grow. I have a good air gap now, but hey maybe it can be better.

Day temps ~77-79 nights ~72, RH 50-55% ,

Also seems that letting the roots develop more in veg....longer veg time... has helped also...plant leaves did not get leaf tips burnt this time with the drenches in the flower room. I notice if you listen to the small things Doc (or any of the other knowledgeable brixers) says and try to correlate that info into your grow, you can walk away with some pretty cool adjustments and knowledge.

The Bubblegum is really starting to stink up the GR. Walked in today, and was like holy mother of aromas....pungent and sweet.

DL

No im still on the old formula...quarts of everything left...but I have the OG drench. My mag issues are getting better with each grow, but not spot on. I keep adjusting small amounts and documenting the results. After this last GE drench I noticed the OG's top fan leaves start to taco. But the new top growth does not. Once a leaf tacos I never see it go away completely, but that may be me not addressing it timely and correctly. There are a lot of little fine details...I just read where Doc stated the difference between a good grow a great one could be a few degrees...I think he was commenting on your post. Your plants looked very healthy by the way. My plants have the purple petioles also veg and flower...not sure if it is enviro,Mag issues, or the strain, or a combo. I'm also contemplating more hard foam insulation on the floor, to compare on next grow. I have a good air gap now, but hey maybe it can be better.

Day temps ~77-79 nights ~72, RH 50-55% ,

Also seems that letting the roots develop more in veg....longer veg time... has helped also...plant leaves did not get leaf tips burnt this time with the drenches in the flower room. I notice if you listen to the small things Doc (or any of the other knowledgeable brixers) says and try to correlate that info into your grow, you can walk away with some pretty cool adjustments and knowledge.

The Bubblegum is really starting to stink up the GR. Walked in today, and was like holy mother of aromas....pungent and sweet.

DL

Awesome man!! So this is what I have noticed and I think you said it as well. Once you have an issue it stays with the leaves that has the issue and never really reverts back to a healthy leaf. The new growth will be the healthy growth. It's just hard to look at the old haggard leaves I have on my plants ...

I do believe Doc did mention the few degrees between good and great. I've been trying to keep my night temps in the high 60s. Sux due to I keep my lights off during the day and it's freaking summer lol. Damn the bill!!! But whatever, the house would be set this low anyway so what does it matter really!!??.

I hope you get those Mag issues under control so that you can catch the canoeing early before tacos happen lol. Looks good in there bud!!! Keep it up!!!

Well well well, here's another garden that Ole Rooster1 almost missed. Yep , this is true......Now having said that , here is another great learning journal !:bravo:. Glad I stopped in, ran back to the front and scooped up all the knowledge , so here I am.. Yep the big guy in the corner.

Well well well, here's another garden that Ole Rooster1 almost missed. Yep , this is true......Now having said that , here is another great learning journal !:bravo:. Glad I stopped in, ran back to the front and scooped up all the knowledge , so here I am.. Yep the big guy in the corner.

Hey Rooster, welcome! Glad you found it here. Feel free to chime in any time....got a harvest post coming...are ya ready?

Turn the page...

Ok I'm back...

Last night harvested both Bubblegums, at 54 days post flip! The trichs were mostly cloudy with 10% amber....time to come down!

I love to trim all the large fan leaves off...and snap a photo...or 10 LoL ha

420-magazine-mobile1659410867.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1423274503.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1133103060.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1949892752.jpg

Thinned out the OG she's got another 5-7 days

420-magazine-mobile82275802.jpg

420-magazine-mobile816746695.jpg

Stay tuned...

DL

That's what I'm talking about DL!!! Everything is looking lovely over there bud!!!

Those BG's are some chunky monkeys! Looks like trimming should be fairly straightforward too...something not to be undervalued...lmao

That's what I'm talking about DL!!! Everything is looking lovely over there bud!!!

Thanks Seven! Pumped about this harvest... third grow with Docs gear, getting better each time

Those BG's are some chunky monkeys! Looks like trimming should be fairly straightforward too...something not to be undervalued...lmao

They sure are....really got fat when I hit them with the GE, and Epsoms this time around in the latter half of bloom. I relish plants that are easy to trim, and this is a perfect example.

Thanks Gov!

I took this pic last night. 25 after first CD. Only editing the lighting just to bring out the image but it looks so damn cool!!!

420-magazine-mobile420655745.jpg

I took this pic last night. 25 after first CD. Only editing the lighting just to bring out the image but it looks so damn cool!!!

420-magazine-mobile420655745.jpg

Yeah that is a cool pic Seven. I love cannabis photography !

Ok I'm back...

Last night harvested both Bubblegums, at 54 days post flip! The trichs were mostly cloudy with 10% amber....time to come down!

I love to trim all the large fan leaves off...and snap a photo...or 10 LoL ha

420-magazine-mobile1659410867.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1423274503.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1133103060.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1949892752.jpg

Thinned out the OG she's got another 5-7 days

420-magazine-mobile82275802.jpg

420-magazine-mobile816746695.jpg

Stay tuned...

DL

Ole Rooster thinks those two BG look kinda cute all naked and all :welldone:

Last night gave the final GE drench to both OG's. They are still ripening up, but they are in range to pick now. Probably tomorrow at 58 days pf. This is my third run of this cultivar and I have two more in veg that are ready to flip, but I'm not completely sold on this cut.
420-magazine-mobile960017238.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1897542221.jpg
420-magazine-mobile260624975.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1925874571.jpg

I'm gonna keep a clone around in veg, but am gonna do some pheno hunting soon, as I have some new beans coming!! Cherry cookie Haze from relentless, Cindy Haze from Bro Grimm. All regular, so I have some work coming up.

I also have some more seeds of the nitro lemon Haze seeds, NY Diesel, Big Blue Cheese. So many options...

I love the BG and BD cuts I have so I'll keep those going as well, might be just clones while I run some new genetics.

Here are the veggies
420-magazine-mobile1786758368.jpg

Gonna try Docs tip to hack them back, and flip them. Going for a bigger root system to support a smaller plant. They have been vegging for 6 weeks now as I have been training them.

And last is the BubbleGum....been drying for 5 days....gonna be ready to jar up tonight and start the cure.

420-magazine-mobile1971636444.jpg

And a little end of the day toke....here have a hit!

Take care
DL

Back
Top Bottom