DopyLemontree's High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow Jour

Re: DopyLemontree's DocBud High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow

I haven't had that happen but I would have to think that, yeah, It's possible that a heavy foliar feeding on that leaf caused a roll off of nutrient to cause a burn on those pistols.

Re: DopyLemontree's DocBud High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow

Hi Seven, thanks for the praise!

Last time I washed "dipped" each trimmed branch one at a time. I noticed in Docs IG videos of him doing the wash, he stated that he usually dips the whole plant at once, to save time. I figured I would try it this way and see what the results are. When it is time to light up I'll report my findings. I did notice more sweet floral scents when I was doing the wash, probably meaning that trichomes were rubbing against each other during the wash...

I agree though, the way to preserve the most trichomes is to do branch by branch.

DL

I could see the reasoning behind it. Especially if you have a large work load for the day. Cutting down the time to wash would definitely be an advantage if needed.

I've yet to do 15's. I went from 7's to 10's and they were like completely different plants in their growth rate, size and yield almost to the point it freaked me out. I still put one or two in the 10's every round, but since I'm doing a few more plants these days, I'm back in 7's. They all work.

I dunno DL...maybe Brix burn or Destress burn on those pistils?

Oh man you're gonna love those 15's! My BD just blew up in the 15. And thanks for the BD smoke report!

That's what I'm thinking...the destress on the underside of the leaf, the leaf resting on top of the pistils, pistols got burnt. Great theory!

I've been using the 15s for s couple of grows now, I love em!

Your BD is a freaking Monster! I just looked at it 30 mins ago. So many buds....well done on the training.

I haven't had that happen but I would have to think that, yeah, It's possible that a heavy foliar feeding on that leaf caused a roll off of nutrient to cause a burn on those pistols.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking at this point.

I could see the reasoning behind it. Especially if you have a large work load for the day. Cutting down the time to wash would definitely be an advantage if needed.
Next wash I'm gonna do in smaller batches, I think there was too much rubbing between buds when done as a whole plant. But yeah, if I had 10-100 plants I guess I would do the whole plant too...in big wash barrels too! Lol

I've yet to do 15's. I went from 7's to 10's and they were like completely different plants in their growth rate, size and yield almost to the point it freaked me out. I still put one or two in the 10's every round, but since I'm doing a few more plants these days, I'm back in 7's. They all work.

Like Doc says 7's are the min, but work just fine! I can't wait to compare the yield of the one vs two plants in one pot....is it worth it? I'll know soon..

Last night I broke down the old root balls from last grow, mixed in 30lbs of Earth worm castings, and 1.5lbs of Doc Buds Amendment. 1.5lbs of amendment ends up being 2.25 cups...a good thing to know, so you can measure it that way too. I like to order bulk and break it down into baggies and label them. I also added a 1/4 cup of Roots! Powder to assist in breaking down the roots and organic material from the root balls.

420-magazine-mobile920245020.jpg

I mix it up dry in my portable containment pit, a kiddie pool or tarp could be used just as well. I sprinkle 5 gals of RO water on this pile after it is dry mixed well, and turn it to wet evenly. Then shovel it into my black barrels.

420-magazine-mobile1391167765.jpg

The barrels get labeled, with date mixed, and batch and run number. This is run#2 of batch #2.

The barrels are on HF rolling dollies. I can roll this thing around anywhere I want, and because I store these in the veg room where it is 72-78*F, I do need to move them from time to time. I lock the covers on and unplug the bung holes in the cover. The dollies also keep the barrels off the cool concrete floor.

420-magazine-mobile528959791.jpg

Like Shiggity says, cooked DBHBB is like money in the bank.

Happy Friday!

DL

Last night I broke down the old root balls from last grow, mixed in 30lbs of Earth worm castings, and 1.5lbs of Doc Buds Amendment. 1.5lbs of amendment ends up being 2.25 cups...a good thing to know, so you can measure it that way too. I like to order bulk and break it down into baggies and label them. I also added a 1/4 cup of Roots! Powder to assist in breaking down the roots and organic material from the root balls.

420-magazine-mobile920245020.jpg

I mix it up dry in my portable containment pit, a kiddie pool or tarp could be used just as well. I sprinkle 5 gals of RO water on this pile after it is dry mixed well, and turn it to wet evenly. Then shovel it into my black barrels.

420-magazine-mobile1391167765.jpg

The barrels get labeled, with date mixed, and batch and run number. This is run#2 of batch #2.

The barrels are on HF rolling dollies. I can roll this thing around anywhere I want, and because I store these in the veg room where it is 72-78*F, I do need to move them from time to time. I lock the covers on and unplug the bung holes in the cover. The dollies also keep the barrels off the cool concrete floor.

420-magazine-mobile528959791.jpg

Like Shiggity says, cooked DBHBB is like money in the bank.

Happy Friday!

DL

There ya go buddy!! I luv it!! Nice, clean and organized!! My favorite way to work!! I'm just done with work and have to pick up a few things myself.

Little update we are at 38 days pf

Two days ago I gave the 4 girls in the flower room a transplant drench, but I did a little testing with one of the Headband OG's

Both Bubblegums and one HBOG got 5 gallons of RO water, with 2.5ml of tea, 4.5 tsp (3/4oz) of transplant, divided equally to the three.

The last HBOG, I wanted to try Docs OG Drench. I still have the old formulas. The directions state: 1oz OG drench+1oz transplant+2 Tbsp Epsoms+10ml tea per 5 gals of H2O. Since this plant will drink at least 1.5 gallons, I reduced the amounts to 1/4 (.25oz OG drench+.25oz transplant+1/2Tbsp Epsoms+2.5ml tea) and gave it to this HBOG...I identify her as C4 (clone 4).

Two days later I can see she is a little darker green then the other HBOG.

HBOG C4
420-magazine-mobile581123333.jpg

HBOG C2 (just got TP+tea) more fade on her
420-magazine-mobile1962009135.jpg

Bubblegums up front/ HBOG in back
Indica hybrid vs sativa hybrid

420-magazine-mobile602576702.jpg

Bubblegum buds are getting fat, resinous, and smell very sweet.
420-magazine-mobile1906888833.jpg
420-magazine-mobile780901806.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1383657279.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1964541056.jpg

HBOG's the past grows have shown me that she likes to bulk up more towards the end, and has very little smell till the end also.

420-magazine-mobile1185107521.jpg
420-magazine-mobile803792118.jpg

The veg girls are doing well, still tied down and adapting nicely. I will soon clip the tops to get more bushy plants.

420-magazine-mobile1572732623.jpg
420-magazine-mobile371941401.jpg

✌️
DL

Awesome update DL...those bud pics are SOOO frosty!

Little update we are at 38 days pf

Two days ago I gave the 4 girls in the flower room a transplant drench, but I did a little testing with one of the Headband OG's

Both Bubblegums and one HBOG got 5 gallons of RO water, with 2.5ml of tea, 4.5 tsp (3/4oz) of transplant, divided equally to the three.

The last HBOG, I wanted to try Docs OG Drench. I still have the old formulas. The directions state: 1oz OG drench+1oz transplant+2 Tbsp Epsoms+10ml tea per 5 gals of H2O. Since this plant will drink at least 1.5 gallons, I reduced the amounts to 1/4 (.25oz OG drench+.25oz transplant+1/2Tbsp Epsoms+2.5ml tea) and gave it to this HBOG...I identify her as C4 (clone 4).

Two days later I can see she is a little darker green then the other HBOG.

HBOG C4
420-magazine-mobile581123333.jpg

HBOG C2 (just got TP+tea) more fade on her
420-magazine-mobile1962009135.jpg

Bubblegums up front/ HBOG in back
Indica hybrid vs sativa hybrid

420-magazine-mobile602576702.jpg

Bubblegum buds are getting fat, resinous, and smell very sweet.
420-magazine-mobile1906888833.jpg
420-magazine-mobile780901806.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1383657279.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1964541056.jpg

HBOG's the past grows have shown me that she likes to bulk up more towards the end, and has very little smell till the end also.

420-magazine-mobile1185107521.jpg
420-magazine-mobile803792118.jpg

The veg girls are doing well, still tied down and adapting nicely. I will soon clip the tops to get more bushy plants.

420-magazine-mobile1572732623.jpg
420-magazine-mobile371941401.jpg

✌️
DL

DL, I see Doc shipped the 'Winter in Summer Frost' kit add-on..
..along with bragging rights :)

Beautiful job!! :bravo:

Awesome update DL...those bud pics are SOOO frosty!
Thank Beav, I'm having much better results this grow, learning little by little.

DL, I see Doc shipped the 'Winter in Summer Frost' kit add-on..
..along with bragging rights :)

Beautiful job!! :bravo:

Awe thanks Ziggs! Yeah I upgraded alright...Docs gear is Fire!

May the terps be with you!

DL

Stoned reflections:

Just kicking back now, after a long day of work, parging basement stone and mortar walls, weld up a steel header for a friends kitchen remodel project, and repairing the mower...to mow the lawn. Dinner with my Wife...burgers, peppers, sweet potatoes, and juicy portabella mushrooms....and it's all led up to this...a freshly ground bud of excellent and delicious qualities. The bud is Crunchy but not brittle, I pack my newly acquired swirl bowl, two good pulls, and time to relax....
IMG_90702.JPG

The days struggles fade away.......

Good night.
✌️

Thank Beav, I'm having much better results this grow, learning little by little.

Awe thanks Ziggs! Yeah I upgraded alright...Docs gear is Fire!

May the terps be with you!

DL

TY..The Terps are with Me!! :)

Journal update!

Two days ago at 39 days pf I gave a h2o drink to 3 of the bloomers, and one of the Headband OG c2 got a OG/TP/tea drench. It was fading much more than the other OG that I gave an OG drench to last time to compare results...the HBOG's like the OG drench! Also last entry I mistakenly stated that they were at 38 days pf....it should of been 36 days pf.

So tonight was brix and wayahead for the bloomers. Just got done.

420-magazine-mobile378865255.jpg

Had to install the oversized bud syndrome stem reinforcement cable tie on one of the Bubblegum's. It's branches are thick and strong, but the bud keeps getting fatter, and more weighty. My spidey senses are telling me the scaffold branch is ready to break right at the trunk junction.
420-magazine-mobile1123716331.jpg

Buds are getting heavy
420-magazine-mobile1393681401.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1962421495.jpg

The OG's look so much better this grow compared to last grow.
420-magazine-mobile1345484007.jpg
420-magazine-mobile319569190.jpg

And....on to the veggie girls, they got their tops removed...Keeping the height down while we build roots, increased bushy essence, more bud sites and clones to take when the time is right. I upcanned them 10 days ago, and I still have not watered since then. The pots are not dry yet, and I want roots to search for water and build. They will be ready soon for another drink...2-3 days

After tops removed
420-magazine-mobile367773564.jpg
420-magazine-mobile899165783.jpg

Close up of where I cut
420-magazine-mobile1944347824.jpg

This past month I learned from Doc that these "frankinstrains" we grow have very inefficient root systems, so it is important to build them up before sending them into the flower room. I'm gonna test that out with this group.

Have a good night!

DL

This past month I learned from Doc that these "frankinstrains" we grow have very inefficient root systems, so it is important to build them up before sending them into the flower room. I'm gonna test that out with this group.

I did same with the OG strain I'm running this round too. Let it veg a week longer and did it post-transplant into it's 7-gal finishing pot. It's 2 weeks into flower today and it's the best-looking run of this strain yet (after 3 runs). It's also been on the new formulas its entire life, so that may have something to do with it too...but either way.

okay guys...so what is the bottom line on time to build roots before sending into flower...? :thanks:

okay guys...so what is the bottom line on time to build roots before sending into flower...? :thanks:

IMO, it depends on the size of plant you're looking for. I've settled on 8 weeks with 6-7 of those in 1 gal pots and at least 1 week in the final pots while still in veg to allow them to really dig in and get some roots going strong before bloom. The last three runs I've given them this time in veg post-transplant and they've been the best-looking, healthiest plants at the finish with good yield.

My .02

I have 10 weeks in my mind. I've gone longer and shorter in my 6 gallon pots and that seems to be the sweet spot. 100 days is getting too long for instance. I was training too long and they'd stall. However, if I upcanned at that point into something much bigger, I think they'd explode, so ... ~it depends~. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Roots can fill a pot pretty fast. I bet there isn't more than a week or two difference between a 7 gallon and a 20 gallon pot. So flip timing is probably just as important as root saturation.

:Namaste: :bongrip:

I did same with the OG strain I'm running this round too. Let it veg a week longer and did it post-transplant into it's 7-gal finishing pot. It's 2 weeks into flower today and it's the best-looking run of this strain yet (after 3 runs). It's also been on the new formulas its entire life, so that may have something to do with it too...but either way.
Hi Gov
That's what I finding also. I'm at two weeks now in veg in the 15 pots, gonna go one more week or so, then flip.

Hi Shawnee!
I guess it depends on the strain, I find with the Bubblegum it builds a bigger root system quicker than the OG I'm running. If your in plastic containers you can pull them right out and inspect the roots after a couple of weeks and document your observations. Doc does this in his IG videos he has posted. He pulls them right out and bangs them against the table to show how dense they are! Lol

IMO, it depends on the size of plant you're looking for. I've settled on 8 weeks with 6-7 of those in 1 gal pots and at least 1 week in the final pots while still in veg to allow them to really dig in and get some roots going strong before bloom. The last three runs I've given them this time in veg post-transplant and they've been the best-looking, healthiest plants at the finish with good yield.

I am trying 6 weeks in the 1's, then I am going for 2-4 weeks in the 15's. That's what I did with the girls in the flower room, and they are dealing much better this grow, less mid bloom fade, and no burn this time using the 1oz drench ratios.

My .02

I have 10 weeks in my mind. I've gone longer and shorter in my 6 gallon pots and that seems to be the sweet spot. 100 days is getting too long for instance. I was training too long and they'd stall. However, if I upcanned at that point into something much bigger, I think they'd explode, so ... ~it depends~. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Roots can fill a pot pretty fast. I bet there isn't more than a week or two difference between a 7 gallon and a 20 gallon pot. So flip timing is probably just as important as root saturation.

:Namaste: :bongrip:

Hi Graytail!
Great advise, I'm watching this closer this run, so much of what we see in the leaves is an indication of what's going on in the soil

Back
Top Bottom