It can be overwhelming at times, especially if you fall behind. It seems like I'm in a constant state of ok I gotta get this thing done but this can wait. I have so much weed I really should shut it down for a good long while but I just can't let some of these cuts go.
Yup that is how it goes. I should shut down as well but I have too many strains I do not want to lose! I do not have anyone local to hold onto them for me either. I have a buddy that has taken cuts from me to hold before and he always lets them go before I would like. Oh well what is one to do?

That’s the problem, we like our cuts, worked hard to find them, and don’t want to lose them. I have let go of three of mine. Bubblegum, C99, and the Jalalabad Star are flowering for the last time. No clones. I just have found better replacements, and have many more seeds to sow. I’m gonna prob let the Chem Stars go too. There good, but I know there is better out there somewhere. Plus hunting for supreme keepers is so much fun. Thinning the herd.
Yeah it takes a lot to find good keepers. I cant even say that I have searched properly for any honestly. But I have things I do not want to lose. I am trying to thin my strains as well so I can find more lol. I am letting go of one of my Orangeade phenos and possibly both. I almost lost my GDPupil but it looks like she may survive. I am letting my MS Quin go after over a year of keeping her around. I have so many things going on and so many seeds that I do need to find someone to hold onto my whole library of clones so I can try and find new things :laugh: One day maybe.

I culled all of my cuts not long ago except for two, but they are starting to build up again. Once I use them for crosses, I think I'm going to drop most of them though. I've got plenty of stash and am wanting to play with the crosses I've made.

It's possible that in the next several months, my 8x6 flower room will be full of nothing but little 1 gallon pots of test plants. That will probably turn into more work, but at least I should be able to feed them in groups instead of each one individually. And who knows what I'll find. These Purple Dawgs have been a lot of fun to work with and everyone that tries it wants more.

I understand why growers change strains every grow but, why not grow the same strain for a while to learn how to grow it better. Then one can see how or what works best.

I'm guilty of this too. I grow a ton of different strains. When I come across a special one I'll keep it and grow it over and over again. I like to have variety and I'm always on the search for that perfect plant. Growing in HB makes it easier because I know the plant even on the 1st run is going to show me her full potential. If it isn't something that blows my socks off I move on. Then the special ones get dialed in but they never get too much better than the 1st run with it.

Yup that is how it goes. I should shut down as well but I have too many strains I do not want to lose! I do not have anyone local to hold onto them for me either. I have a buddy that has taken cuts from me to hold before and he always lets them go before I would like. Oh well what is one to do?

Yeah it takes a lot to find good keepers. I cant even say that I have searched properly for any honestly. But I have things I do not want to lose. I am trying to thin my strains as well so I can find more lol. I am letting go of one of my Orangeade phenos and possibly both. I almost lost my GDPupil but it looks like she may survive. I am letting my MS Quin go after over a year of keeping her around. I have so many things going on and so many seeds that I do need to find someone to hold onto my whole library of clones so I can try and find new things :laugh: One day maybe.

Congratulations Yeti on NOTM! You rocked the votes on that one!

I culled all of my cuts not long ago except for two, but they are starting to build up again. Once I use them for crosses, I think I'm going to drop most of them though. I've got plenty of stash and am wanting to play with the crosses I've made.

It's possible that in the next several months, my 8x6 flower room will be full of nothing but little 1 gallon pots of test plants. That will probably turn into more work, but at least I should be able to feed them in groups instead of each one individually. And who knows what I'll find. These Purple Dawgs have been a lot of fun to work with and everyone that tries it wants more.
Yeah those plants in the ones get thirsty often. I have a big bubba Kush 3ft tall in veg in the one gal pot, just waiting for a spot in the flower room. Luckily she don’t stretch much in bloom.

I understand why growers change strains every grow but, why not grow the same strain for a while to learn how to grow it better. Then one can see how or what works best.
Hi TB
Running the same strain over and over is a great way to learn the kit. I did just two strains side by side my first year.

I'm guilty of this too. I grow a ton of different strains. When I come across a special one I'll keep it and grow it over and over again. I like to have variety and I'm always on the search for that perfect plant. Growing in HB makes it easier because I know the plant even on the 1st run is going to show me her full potential. If it isn't something that blows my socks off I move on. Then the special ones get dialed in but they never get too much better than the 1st run with it.

Variety is good, I love having an assortment at hand. And of course mixing blends together. :passitleft:

Here’s a couple of bud pics from the garden.

Here’s the last C99 I have...I’m not gonna continue to clone her, need to move on to other seeds. She’s at 45 days flip

Here is a golden Pineapple bud at 24 days flip. I have it tied down to the cage to control height and see how the lower buds respond to the light getting in there on this strain.

Quick update, I’ve got work to do!
DL

Well things have been going well in the garden. Gaining more knowledge through observation on tuning the needs of the plants with the kit. Really trying to follow Docs teachings on reading what the plants need. I’ve scrapped most of my journaling on amounts, and measures, and results, and am just writing a date, and either GI,TP,or H2O depending on what I give the plant. This still allows me to see what the plant got in the past, without all the extra detail. If I do some experiments I will record all the details. The results are quite amazing! More trichromes on plants, healthy plants right to the end of harvest, and a sharp increase in terpenoid production.

Here’s my last C99 I have. I’ve never seen her so happy and frosty. I’m just amazed at the amount of frost on her here at 50 days flip. Sweet banana bread, fruity, with a touch of funky.

Schrom is a new comer and on her 2nd grow here. This round she looks good, very vigorous plant. She’ll dry a 7 gal pot every day through mid bloom, but now is every two days.

This is the last bubblegum I have, and her frostiest run yet.

This is the evil looking Chem Star, greasy, fuely, and burnt rubber terps. This is the last time I run her. Just need to make room for the Ace seeds I want to start soon.

And last I have a grouping of three golden pineapple’s (my favorite) and one Genius (awesome!) The GP is such a hit with my friends, everyone wants some. I hope to have these ready for “end of the year gifts”. I’ve really found how important it is to feed ample TP to the soil before the Cats are used to get the full effects from the Cats. (More frost). This group got a full 1 tbsp of Cat per gal of h20 plus tea, both times! I’ve never been able to do that before without burning the hell out of them.

:Namaste:

The girls all look gorgeous bud! You have got it down. For the Shrom to look that good on the second run is impressive. I have to laugh at the fact that your last run of those few strains have the strains looking better than ever. that seems to be how it goes. I ran a Fruity Pebble OG/Wedding Cake and the first time from seed she threw bananas every where. Because of this I did not take clones off of her clone that I ran. Not oly did she look even better the second time (which is saying something because the first time she was a frost queen) she did not throw a single banana that I found.

Well things have been going well in the garden. Gaining more knowledge through observation on tuning the needs of the plants with the kit. Really trying to follow Docs teachings on reading what the plants need. I’ve scrapped most of my journaling on amounts, and measures, and results, and am just writing a date, and either GI,TP,or H2O depending on what I give the plant. This still allows me to see what the plant got in the past, without all the extra detail. If I do some experiments I will record all the details. The results are quite amazing! More trichromes on plants, healthy plants right to the end of harvest, and a sharp increase in terpenoid production.

Here’s my last C99 I have. I’ve never seen her so happy and frosty. I’m just amazed at the amount of frost on her here at 50 days flip. Sweet banana bread, fruity, with a touch of funky.

Schrom is a new comer and on her 2nd grow here. This round she looks good, very vigorous plant. She’ll dry a 7 gal pot every day through mid bloom, but now is every two days.

This is the last bubblegum I have, and her frostiest run yet.

This is the evil looking Chem Star, greasy, fuely, and burnt rubber terps. This is the last time I run her. Just need to make room for the Ace seeds I want to start soon.

And last I have a grouping of three golden pineapple’s (my favorite) and one Genius (awesome!) The GP is such a hit with my friends, everyone wants some. I hope to have these ready for “end of the year gifts”. I’ve really found how important it is to feed ample TP to the soil before the Cats are used to get the full effects from the Cats. (More frost). This group got a full 1 tbsp of Cat per gal of h20 plus tea, both times! I’ve never been able to do that before without burning the hell out of them.

:Namaste:[/QU
That tent looks bountiful, very nice.:goodjob:

The girls all look gorgeous bud! You have got it down. For the Shrom to look that good on the second run is impressive. I have to laugh at the fact that your last run of those few strains have the strains looking better than ever. that seems to be how it goes. I ran a Fruity Pebble OG/Wedding Cake and the first time from seed she threw bananas every where. Because of this I did not take clones off of her clone that I ran. Not oly did she look even better the second time (which is saying something because the first time she was a frost queen) she did not throw a single banana that I found.
Hi Yeti, thanks Bud! I just enjoy giving each girl at least a second run if something looks promising, knowing I can do better once I get to know her. I just love the kit!! Oh and that fruity pebbles og wedding cake sounds interesting...:drool:
That tent looks bountiful, very nice.:goodjob:
Hi Eggs! Thanks man, swing by anytime!:passitleft:

Hi Yeti, thanks Bud! I just enjoy giving each girl at least a second run if something looks promising, knowing I can do better once I get to know her. I just love the kit!! Oh and that fruity pebbles og wedding cake sounds interesting...:drool:

Hi Eggs! Thanks man, swing by anytime!:passitleft:
She was a dream. A little disappointed I did not clone her but it is what it is.

Hey Dopy! All the plants look amazing! You really do have this down. :high-five: I really need to get better at reading the plants and their needs. Keep on churning out the fire:slide::adore:
Thanks Ween! Doc always has such good advise. I find you just have to read between the lines..;)

Thanks bud! I think I took her at 11 weeks post flip. So about 77 days or so. I take almost everything out to 10 weeks at least and have found it to be the best practice for me.
Interesting...Do you do this because that’s what the strain needs, or is it simply more convenient timing to harvest at 10 weeks? I ask, as I have some strains that are done at 52-56 days...lots of Amber trichromes if I go beyond that and a more narcotic high.

Looking great Dopy some frosty trees in here! Keep up the greenery and awesome work!

:passitleft:
Thanks for stopping by Dutchman, and the kind words!

Back
Top Bottom