Heres a pic update as of 3-15-09
Overview of the tent
01053.JPG

This is #5; it is now a confirmed female, named Angie
00674.JPG

Heres a pic of Bono
01343.JPG
:cheer:
I'm going to use a piece of glass with black paper taped to the underneath to collect the pollen, hopefully in a few days he'll start releasing.

today many of Bono's flowers have yellowed and are starting to open up. He is really looking like a stud to me,as he's packing on a lot of big flowers. I hope He's also got the genes for potency, though only time will tell. The females are all doing well, they're not stretching quite as much as I would have expected, but they are really filling out laterally which is fine with me. The undecideds are still undecided, lol, it seems that two are going more vertical more than the other; I hope to know in a day or two what sex they are...
I had to un-LST the top 44 a few days ago as the others were really starting to steal the light from her, she's now on a milk crate to even out the profile directly under the light and doing well.

The mis and ww are floundering in the tent again, pulling my hair out over these. lol I pulled the worst of the leaves off today as I wasn't able to tell if they were improving or getting worse. They seem to be breaking even or getting slightly worse daily rather than a lot worse so maybe I'm getting somewhere. I am wondering if the heavy mix i used is keeping the roots too cool and damp, I've been trying to fix the issues without heavy watering s but I dunno if I've succeeded. I had read FF gro-big (the hydro version) is suitable for a foliar spray I may try that tomorrow with some Epsom salts. Any recommendations on the strength I should use?

:peace:

Had to milk Bono today, when I turned on the light there was open flowers and small piles of pollen on some of the leaves:slide: I collected what I could and put them into a small bowl to dry in a dark place, with no air flow. Was kind of fun, I must admit...hope that dosent make me gay.......not that theres anything wrong with that.......for someone else........ANYWAY........lol

I have decided not to folier feed the ugly ww's and mis plant. The mis is now a resident of the bathroom as I want to see if its the environment, and the ww's I will flush thoroughly and see where they go from there. I may have made a hot soil mix and or fed too early. I am going to pimp the younger one to breed with some of the DSD pollen I collected, as she's about 3 weeks into flower the timing is about right. I hope the hermie tendency will be lost in the crossing, but not counting on it.
The Lady DSD's are doing well, and dont seem afflicted by the yellowing (yet?), and are getting fuller and fuller every day. The thripes appear to have met their match for the time being, and I welcome another attempt by the lil bastards:ganjamon: lol

Good morning all, just got done milking Bono again. Seems that every few hours there is a bunch more open flowers :slide: so far I have gathered somewhere around 1 to 2 teaspoons of love from him. lol Kinda feel like a dairy maid as of late, hehehe The contraption I made for him to retire in is working out rather well, its somewhat portable which is rather nice for me scince its in the middle of the kitchen. lol
The Ladies are doing well, they are trucking along without many complaints. The undecideds are either going to show today or are out of the mix as slow bloomers, I think the three females will do the trick though I did want a few more to make the odds of a killer mama better. The tent needs a bit more room to allow for good branching and equal light penetration.
All of the gifted clones have fully recovered from their transition between growrooms, I am getting anxious to get them all into flower. In a few weeks the closet will be empty, after a good bleaching the clones will make their way into there for flowering. The Purple Power is living up to its name as its got purple stems throughout, probably a combo of low nutes and genetics.

Lights on in the closet now, gotta go and peek in.

good job buddy, i woke up this morning and did a bunch of work. It's nice waking up to do something you love :) :rollit:

To combat the thripes I discovered last night I used an organic food grade insecticidal soap on the top of the soil today, its called FLOWER PHARM. It consists of: 3% cottonseed oil, .1% cinnamon oil, .1% rosemary oil.
How's that turn out?

How's that turn out?

I think it worked, I sprayed the soil and then watered lightly. today or tomorrow I need to reapply but I haven't seen any on the surface at all; before I would see the pupa break dancing on the surface after watering.

Nice lil song you came up with Cherma, might wanna copyright it before I do. lol

Today I killed off the soil MIS, I think it was starting to recover, but after dropping the milk crate on it and breaking off 1/3 or more of the plant and being in poor health for so long I dont feel its going to be worth the space its taking up in the tent. Also all three of the undecideds are in the compost pile as they have shown they are males. I wanted to keep one of them, cause it looked sweet but just dont have the room and my numbers are real close to my limit. When the clones get either 1' tall or 1' wide (which should be real soon) they are considered full grown plants and count towards the flowering limit in Oregon. Gotta keep legit. So the ratio turned out to be 4 females and 6 males, with one of the fems being of the crinkle variety and was culled. Not the best but I'm not complaining as I don't really feel the breeder can ship 50/50 every time. Luck of the draw I guess. I learned the other day only 400 seeds were available.

Oops I forgot to mention I did a good flush on the yellowing WW plants, about 3x the amount of soil. They arent getting better, rather they look a bit worse but in a differnt way, a bit more brown than yellow. I was using 1TBSP per gallon of the Neptunes befor as suggested by the manufacturer. Perhaps I will go 1 1/2TBSP in a week or so, when the soil dry out. Any suggestions? Should I go with a balanced dose of FF's or GH on one and neptunes on the other?

Plants are doing good, DSD not showing the yellow at all; the top 44 started so I moved her to the closet. The milking is getting to be a pain in the arse, this guy pops a new open flower every time I look away, lol, I am getting lots of pollen. The ww I pollinated last week has many seeds forming and should be fun to sprout in the future. Looks like Bono has some potent boys.
Pics tomorrow.

Everything going well, all three of the females are about 3 1/2 feet tall and after taking off the lower branches about 2' across.
Lita 20 days into flower
00764.JPG

Jolene 19 days into flower
00867.JPG

Angie 18 days into flower, shes closest to the fan and i think showing some wind burn
01055.JPG

WWxDSD seeds in the making, about 2 weeks I'm guessing
00580.JPG

Liking what I'm seeing so far, sorry the pics aren't closer as the batteries were about dead I got what I could. Eight or so weeks to go....

Everything going well, all three of the females are about 3 1/2 feet tall and after taking off the lower branches about 2' across.
Lita 20 days into flower
00764.JPG

Jolene 19 days into flower
00867.JPG

Angie 18 days into flower, shes closest to the fan and i think showing some wind burn
01055.JPG

WWxDSD seeds in the making, about 2 weeks I'm guessing
00580.JPG

Liking what I'm seeing so far, sorry the pics aren't closer as the batteries were about dead I got what I could. Eight or so weeks to go....

That double strawberry deisel looks tasty, my mouth is watering lol. Make sure to let me in on the smoke report. I am interested how potent it will turn out. Also i seen you asked about foliar sprays for your clones, I have real great results with that liquid sea-weed. Can buy it from any plant store or Wal-Mart for cheap, just a few drops in your mister should help alot.

Thanks Harry and Bongfiend. I am looking forward to trying both the buds and the seeds out.:smokin: I took clones of the other two good looking males when they were culled from the tent and will do some crosses with them as well. I intend to make crosses of all the plants I have right now and sock them away for a rainy day.

I scored 15 or so durban poison seeds today from a friend and they will be the outdoor strain this year. 100% sativa, finishing end of September.

very nice. i could only hope for a plant so beautiful as any of these perfect strawberry diesel. cant wait to see the end result.

Thanks, E-rok. I too am curious as to the end result.
This morning I applied 2,000,000 predator thripe nematodes, that I purchased a week ago. They have a two week shelf life, so I figured I should use them up. I have noticed a few straggler thripe larvae that weren't killed by the other treatments so now they must die a most grizzly death. I applied to all plants, even the ones that didnt show signs, yet. The ladies are doing well, I may have hit the nutes a bit hard yesturday, a few are showing signs of slight over fert. I will let them ride out the storm though and see how they are doing in a day or two.

Today I knocked up the top 44 and the chocolate chunk with some DSD pollen. The DSD are still coming along nicely but showing the over fert from the other day :(. Also seems like I am getting some powdery mildew again.......I don't think I was able to get all the old spores from the room as its carpeted, I think I will dry clean the curtains and sprinkle some baking soda on the carpet and vacuum it up next time I disinfect the grow.

After speaking to a rep at Hydrofarm, and being transferred to a few other reps I got some bitter sweat news about my Habitat (grow tent). They finally admitted to me that they do suffer from off-gassing, and I can return it for my money back; however they WILL NOT switch it for another model without the pvc in it because the safe model is more expensive. What a crock of shit. I'm not sure what to do because I dont think I will be staying at my current residence much longer, so building a room isnt really a viable option. I am flat broke so cant afford the upgrade. I gotta think on this a bit.....

Back
Top Bottom