Jamn49 Double Chunk Strawberry 2010

"The Stretch" is awesome... 1.5" in two days? Grow baby grow! How much have you been watering them? Repetitive, I know...just curious especially with the imminent growth spurt.

It's actually closer to 2". On Tuesday. most were about 11" and last night they were just about 13". Flood schedule is 15 minutes every 4 hours during light and 1 5 minute in the middle of the dark period. They are finally off the over/under water roller coaster. This morning they were all perky as can be. Also noticed some more calyxes appearing with longer white hairs than the preflowers all have. The fun is about to begin!!!

Got some pics last night.
DSC09750_Medium_.JPG

DSC09751_Medium_.JPG

DSC09752_Medium_.JPG

Forgot to ask. Last night I did the final neem spray before the buds start and I noticed that the roots are filling up the holes on the bottom of the pots. They are even growing into the coco caps I put underneath them to lift the pots. I actually broke some of the roots taking them out to neem (is that a problem?). My fear is that in the next few weeks the holes will be completly blocked and will keep the floods from getting in the pots. Is this a valid concern? Should I push them back up in the holes? Will that stun the plants?

Happy 4/20, had to post some pics, but didn't have time to do very many or good ones.

DSC09766_Medium_.JPG

DSC09767_Medium_.JPG

DSC09768_Medium_.JPG

They are doing well. Found a couple of aphids on the hydroton, going to get some tomato pesticide and spray the tops of the pots, but not the plants. First buds started to form 10 days after 12/12 started. The tallest are now about 19.5" tall.

Neutrino-I looked at the bottom of the pots last night and the roots have grown through the coco caps I had to put the pots on to lift them. So if I tried to transplant, I think I might end up severely shocking them. Looks like they will continue to grow in the flood tray, so maybe it will work out (I hope).

So I made a big mistake last night. I went out to check them and do daily maintenance, and when I do I turn off the vest fan to give it a break. Well when I closed everything up I forgot to turn it back on. So it went the whole night with the light on and no ventilation. When I went to check them this morning the sides of the box were covered in water. Between the plants and the air stones in the res, the humidity shot through the roof. I wiped it down as much as I could, turned the vent fan to full (usually run it at 50%) and put a space heater in front of the box set to 72. Hopefully that will dry it up, but I hate that it has to stay that moist in the dark until the light turns on again.

So how quickly does powder mildew and mold take off? The humidity was around 85% max.

Hahahaha, the girls are looking very nice!:goodjob: Only thing I would do next time is get some bigger pots, roots are the most important part in my opinion.

Thanks! Future note to self, wait until after tending to the garden to medicate!

Lol, I always medicate before...and yeah, one day shouldn't cause you any issues with mold, especially if it's normally dry. Even if a little bit did develop that quickly it would die off as soon as the RH went back to normal.

Well 4 weeks of flower completed, so a little over half way to the finish line. Things are going pretty well. Still have those small grey moth like things flying around, but the gnat sticks and Go Gnats in the res seems to be helping.
They are getting really frosty! A couple have 1 or 2 hairs that have turned Orange.

DSC09836_Medium_.JPG

DSC09837_Medium_.JPG

DSC09830_Medium_.JPG

DSC09827_Medium_.JPG

DSC09828_Medium_.JPG

DSC09826_Medium_.JPG

Well the last week on nutes snuck up on me (I lost count). This starts the 6th week of Flower (35th day of flower, 62 days overall). This strain I was told likes to be cut in between the 7th and 8th weeks. For the final res change (20 gal) I used:
100ml of GH micro
150ml GH Bloom
80 ml Hydrozyme
100ml GH Sweetner
4 tsp Mad Farmer MOAB

The MOAB is 1-52-34, and it says to cut base nutes by 50%, hence only 100ml of micro and 150 of bloom. I wasn't sure if the sweetner can go full strength, so I cut that in half as well.

As I have seen in my research this is not a heavy producer, with fairly leafy buds, but the amount of trics is nice. I have chenged my mind and will probably go with a different strain for the next grow.

Here are some pics I took just after the lights went off. Upon seeing them in regular light for once, I did notice that 2 of the buds have a little bit of purple edges on the leaves (I was told the strain will turn purple, and also heard that MOAB can increase it).

DSC09851_Medium_.JPG

DSC09852_Medium_.JPG

A wee bit of purple starting
DSC09850_Medium_.JPG

DSC09847_Medium_.JPG

DSC09840_Medium_.JPG

As you can see they are quite leafy, but the trics go all the way down.
DSC09839_Medium_.JPG

Getting anxious in these last 2 weeks!

Mmmm...purple :) Keep an eye on those trich colors and don't cut off the nutes too soon...you're gonna have some nice smoke there! I hate the last few weeks of flower too, especially because my 8-9 weeks is going on week 10 lol. Then there's the time to wait for it to dry and cure a little bit...but heck, after 4-6 months what's another week or so right? :Rasta:

Thanks guys! They look to be right on schedule. The hairs on the tops have pulled back and they are getting milky. I found out why the trics started looking milky from the beginning, the pocket micro I have has a bluish LED for lighting and that was giving them the milky look. Today I checked with a flashlight and they are mostly milky with a few clear. A few have really turned purple too! Amazing the changes from day to day at this point!

Start flushing tomorrow for about a week and a half or so.

The flush has begun! Everybody's cloudy, and I saw 1 or 2 amber on one plant. Looks like this time next week will be cutting time! The purple has really taken off on most of the plants, but oddly 2 or 3 have no purps? Trics are out of control. With the leafy nature of this plant I would be pretty bummed about the yield, but they are frosty everywhere. Even down below that didn't get any light. Hell even the big fan leaves are getting trics. They won't be the tightest prettiest buds after manicure, because I am going to have to leave a lot of leaves.

5-2f18-2f2010.189590

5-2f18-2f2010.189591

5-2f18-2f2010.189588

5-2f18-2f2010.189587

Frost down below
5-2f18-2f2010.189592

Even the fan leaves
5-2f18-2f2010.189593

And I "accidentally" clipped a small offshoot when removing some of the top fan leaves so the bottom buds could get a little more light. I know it will be harsh, but looking forward to the first taste!

Back
Top Bottom