Legal Hydro's Speedy Gonzales Journal - July 2015

Some strains will stink more than others and or begin putting out odors early on but this is not necessarily an indicator of final potency or pungency later on during flower.

Yes. I hope I didn't give the impression that stank determined potency. When I said frosty leaves I wasn't saying the plant was Dank, I was just referring to good trims not potency. This is my first solo grow but I've helped my buddies grow. If I've learned anything, so much depends on knowing when to chop em down and curing them right. I've seen some awesome buds get pulled too late or cured too quick and lose so much potential.

I made it to page two on this forum aka. slacking lol
I'm back though!

Griz and unkcy C! Thanks for showing me some love :) The ladies are stinkers! and their is no better feeling than smelling something you helped create.. its a first for me! As I said before I have never planted ANYTHING, much less watch something grow. It's a sense of accomplishment that seems as if it will replay over and over. :blunt:

Pictures to come! Forreal this time! :)

Plant A B C Week 2 (Day 14)
11758874_10204129868599671_2088878665_n.jpg

11774465_10204129869319689_2126689822_n.jpg
11774678_10204129869279688_203921917_n.jpg
11758903_10204129868679673_628269130_n.jpg
11749451_10204129868559670_1012866153_n.jpg

Plant D (The small guy/girl) is approaching its first week.

You'll notice a nail through one of the net pots. I DO NOT recommend this at all. One of my holes I made to set net pots in was to large. So I forced a nail through the side to give it stability while sitting in the tank. As you can tell theirs rust all over. Bad ideal. lol

The plants seem to have a little heat stress.

The cause of the heat stress???

The cause of the heat stress???

Well, I think it's the CFL's causing this heat stress. As for now, with my limited time, I'm having to deal with it. See the way it's set up and the only way I can control temp is by having the fan in a certain spot. I've tried every possible spot and the fan in this spot seems to reduce heat. The fan setting is on two out of three. If I change it to three the ladies look similar to a tree in a tornado. It's not pretty. lol
Last night I vented my box even more, hoping this would help. Seems I made it worse by placing the ports in the wrong spots. I think what is going on now is the air is hitting my side ports and pushing heat down. I have since then vented the top without having major holes in my grow light box. I'll report the results.

This is my first solo grow too bro and I think we started around the same time. Different setups but my ladies are showing signs of heat stress too. I chalk most of it up to the closer they get to veg the less forgiving they are to my little mistakes. As seedlings they can endure a lot lol

This is my first solo grow too bro and I think we started around the same time. Different setups but my ladies are showing signs of heat stress too. I chalk most of it up to the closer they get to veg the less forgiving they are to my little mistakes. As seedlings they can endure a lot lol

Hey Griz, Hope your having a superb day!

Your correct, My 3 Speedy G's are 4th babies! Checked my temp. when I got home and low is 75f and high is 81F with humidity hanging around %37 to %48. The top ports are extracting heat like their suppose to :) I'll be misting the walls for a few hours so my babies get all nice and humid. Plant A's first set of leaves are done with and the second set are starting to look the same. I'm actively looking into the cause of this as my other plants are moving right along. I'll take a pic and share what I think it is, then one of our fine members can correct me if I'm wrong. (Hopefully)

I know this is a journal and all but I need some opinions on this ideal I have. A few threads back I credited some members I haven't met yet for a helpful forum I found. I would like these members to know I used their name without sending a PM. I've found a solution to this and I think it could be very easily done. On top of that it would cause more user interaction, which leads to more traffic, which leads to more people on these forums.. catch my drift?

So here's how it works...

SweetSue I'm borrowing you and ColoradoGriz for this one. (Hope you dont mind) :)

Lets say ColoradoGriz has an issue with his plant. Since I am a beginner grower and don't know much about diagnosing a sick plant, but do know this is SweetSue's forte. I would be able to simply "Tag" her in his thread, she would then get a notification stating (Legalhydro has mentioned you in Coloradogriz's thread)

You may ask, how would you tag somebody>? Well it's quite easy... you would put the "@" symbol in front of their name. Here's a sample:

"Hey Coloradogriz, I don't know what's wrong with your plant but my friend @SweetSue knows a whole lot about diagnosing plants."

Hope this makes sense.. The hardest thing for me to do is to put something in "Laymen terms"

Thanks for reading! Love you all!

Well, after reviewing I'm going to step out on a limb and call this a phosphorus deficiency. My plant matches all the symptoms. Lower leafs affected first, red stems (Although some plants naturally have red or purple stems) lower leaves have thickened and begin to form bronze/ brown spots, lower leafs are twisting.

Cause: Nutrient lock out due to high PH and also the nutes im using are low in phosphorus anyways. (3-1-5)

Solution: Complete system flush with PH'ed water and fresh nutes. Started them with 240ml of nutes first rez change and I'll be putting back 265ml with this being their second feeding. Still under recommended feeding for week 1.

PICS TO FOLLOW :)

Hey legal looking real gd bro.quick question u got any info on the blue cfl ? Today for the first in me 18-6 cycle i added the blue cfl for an hour don't really no if it's going to make a difference,for the next 5 days i will add the blue cfl for an hour.an after the 5 days i will update with some pics. Here's a pic of my stealth box
IMAG037317.jpg

Hey legal looking real gd bro.quick question u got any info on the blue cfl ? Today for the first in me 18-6 cycle i added the blue cfl for an hour don't really no if it's going to make a difference,for the next 5 days i will add the blue cfl for an hour.an after the 5 days i will update with some pics.

dirtydeal29,

I havent got any more info on the Blue CFL, but if I do i'll let you know brother! Yea document it's effects, obviously not to many people know about this or we are way off in left field lol! won't be the first time iv'e found myself in left field :)
What's them bottles doing on top of your grow cabinet? Is that orange juice? lol On a serious note thats a hazard bro. Liquid above electricity = No bueno

Never too late to watch the show. The fun is just beginning. Thanks for the show Legalhydro

Never too late to watch the show. The fun is just beginning. Thanks for the show Legalhydro

Mtn Dewby! lol

Thanks for stopping in brother! May not be the best show here but at least I have a show.. right? :)

Hope all is well your way!

Mtn Dewby! lol

Thanks for stopping in brother! May not be the best show here but at least I have a show.. right? :)

Hope all is well your way!

All is good my friend. Lol on the Mtn Dewby. One thing for sure is, The show must go on. Not stalking you but been trying to learn a few new things. Lol

All is good my friend. Lol on the Mtn Dewby. One thing for sure is, The show must go on. Not stalking you but been trying to learn a few new things. Lol

Stalk away dude. I stalk some journals from time to time lol It's all good. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Lol lol,yea bro....the only problem is i don't no how much co2 is being generated but it helps.some ppl say they don't see any difference but ever since am using it.it's like the plants love it they look healthier an much greener!!! Quick DIY info,u can use any type of bottles or bucket but i use 2 16oz bottles, yeast,sugar and a tube i got from a bucket lid.works jus fine for me

Lol lol,yea bro....the only problem is i don't no how much co2 is being generated but it helps.some ppl say they don't see any difference but ever since am using it.it's like the plants love it they look healthier an much greener!!! Quick DIY info,u can use any type of bottles or bucket but i use 2 16oz bottles, yeast,sugar and a tube i got from a bucket lid.works jus fine for me. ..
IMAG042419.jpg
IMAG0418_11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom