Legal Hydro's Speedy Gonzales Journal - July 2015

Beautiful!! LST looks great. I used to tie things down but then eventually I just bent them with my fingers.

They rebound so fast. Sometimes in just an hour or so

Thank you brothers for the compliments!
All is good in my world.. Just some updates to share!

Ever heard of someone taking a plant from hydro and placing it in soil? Soil to hydro is much more common but today has been not so "Common" lol

Plant D (Blueberry) Has packed her bags and left the tank. (Complains of not having a big enough closet for her clothes and shoes):rofl: fair enough... We've found some prime real estate for her and her closet needs. Her new spot features fine, fluffy, all-natural Colorado soil. Wrapped in the finest 2-liter soda bottle that we could find. Know that this is only a rental property and Ms. Blueberry will be moving on up to only the finest of containers. ;) The real reason I moved her is because plant A, B, and C (Speedy G's) have dominated the grow room. Literally... each plant has about a 1-2ft radius and are a foot in height.

Assuming most of you have read my whole journal you can tell that I'm all over the place. Bear with me :Namaste:

I've opted out on a new grow tank for this grow. After all of the LST I have done and the fear of killing my plants in transition, I find it best to leave them be. I will be making the lid accessible so I can remove the plants to clean inside. I'll still be purchasing this tub and will start prepping it for the next grow. I will be upgrading the lights this week more than likely to a 216 watt 4ft 4 Bulb T5 High Output 6500k Fluorescent Light with supplemental CFL's for a total of around 400 watts. I'm hoping to produce around 25,000 Lumens with this set up. On down the road this will be my cloning/seedling light. I'll be listing my house on the market soon and don't want to route ductwork through the walls to cool down HPS/MH lights. So without the cost of an LED light, this is my only option. I have spare computer fans i'll be attaching to the fluorescent fixture for ventilation purposes along with 2 oscillating fans.

(Plant D) Right Out of the Grow Tank
11853848_1168184853196905_1034855009_n.jpg

(Plant D) Right After Transplanting to Soil
11850956_1168184849863572_1484117371_n.jpg

Wonder What This Could Be? :drool:
11853945_1168184869863570_1285368180_n.jpg

EXPLOSION!
11830783_1168184859863571_1651351295_n.jpg

:bravo: well done Legal.

Absolutely stunning Legal!

From hydro to soil?!? Come on man who does that?!? That's bloody awesome!!!

Hats off to you for taking the bold step to try it out. In my head it makes sense that you could transplant from hydro to soil but to actually do it. That takes some guts.

Fully impressed, Legal!

Keep it up!

GIVE ME AN L, GIVE ME AN E, GIVE ME A G, GIVE ME AN A, GIVE ME AN L....GOOOOO Legal!!!

yea I do hydro and ive thrown into soil cloned in water
itll grow theres no issues

Whew, all caught up!! :goodjob: Great reading, I love all the research you do before making each decision (we have that in common.) I've considered splitting my next grow between hyrdo and soil so this will be a great resource for me because it definitely indimidates me! Thanks for the link explaining the reps, good to know! if more frequent res changes don't solve your leaf twising problems, which I too have experienced, I've read on other journals that it may be because the plant is too close to the fan...

I'm jealous of all the feedback you're getting, how did you do it?! Until recently, I've been quite lonely...

I'll be subbed as soon as I figure out how lol...such a noob!

Peace,
Beauty and the Buds

Whew, all caught up!! :goodjob: Great reading, I love all the research you do before making each decision (we have that in common.) I've considered splitting my next grow between hyrdo and soil so this will be a great resource for me because it definitely indimidates me! Thanks for the link explaining the reps, good to know! if more frequent res changes don't solve your leaf twising problems, which I too have experienced, I've read on other journals that it may be because the plant is too close to the fan...

I'm jealous of all the feedback you're getting, how did you do it?! Until recently, I've been quite lonely...

I'll be subbed as soon as I figure out how lol...such a noob!

Peace,
Beauty and the Buds
Thanks for the compliments SweetSue and Master P also thanks for the info chron!
Beautyndebuds,

Thanks for stopping by brother! Killer name :)

Not quite sure how I get traffic here, but if you type "Speedy G" in a google search I'm the first that pops up. I'm familiar with google analytics and how to maximize traffic, but have done nothing other than linking my journal to my FB. I would suggest reading and commenting on other journals as well as letting yourself be known in other forum areas. Simply commenting on a thread will subscribe you to it. I'm working on a little something to help members get familiar with the site. I had the same questions when I first joined, How do I subscribe? What are rep points and how do they work? What is the "Cannabis Connoisseur" title, and how do you obtain such? How long do you have to edit your post?

BTW you have 420 minutes to edit your post

I'll be back tomorrow for a more in depth chat, thanks for stopping by bro!

Stopped in at a local hydro store (New to me) and let me tell you..ONE...COOL...PLACE. I've only been to one other hydro supply store here and why do they insist on me taking every magazine they own?? It's not like they say: "Hey those magazines are free, take some if you would like." At both stores they proceed to grab 4-5 mags and stick them in my bag. Oh well... makes a good surface to roll on. ;)
What I really want to point out is the guy giving me a %50... yea %50 off of my purchase for being a vet. Right on brother! To put this in perspective I paid $8.78 for 1 quart of GH PH Down. SCORE! :slide:Also gave me a free bottle of Roots Organics Surge roots zone stimulator. LegalHydro likes free stuff :)

Plants A,B,C Root Growth (Little over a month)
11843991_1169760449706012_1826116656_n.jpg

Thanks for the compliments SweetSue and Master P also thanks for the info chron!
Beautyndebuds,

Thanks for stopping by brother! Killer name :)

Not quite sure how I get traffic here, but if you type "Speedy G" in a google search I'm the first that pops up. I'm familiar with google analytics and how to maximize traffic, but have done nothing other than linking my journal to my FB. I would suggest reading and commenting on other journals as well as letting yourself be known in other forum areas. Simply commenting on a thread will subscribe you to it. I'm working on a little something to help members get familiar with the site. I had the same questions when I first joined, How do I subscribe? What are rep points and how do they work? What is the "Cannabis Connoisseur" title, and how do you obtain such? How long do you have to edit your post?

BTW you have 420 minutes to edit your post

I'll be back tomorrow for a more in depth chat, thanks for stopping by bro!

Legalhydro,

Thanks! Although, I'm a sister :Namaste: no matter.

I'm working on commenting on other journals, I feel the need to read the whole thing before I'm ready to do so though, so it's slow going!! (I really want to read the journal of my fellow chicka @SweetSue, but it is sooo long, it's daunting!) I'm getting out there though; and I've got a green dot now lol! :thumb:

Oh and I use "Roots Organic Soil" :love:

Anywhoo, thanks for the welcome, I'll look forward to hearing more soon...

BeautyndeBuds

PS nice roots!!

Legalhydro,

I'm working on commenting on other journals, I feel the need to read the whole thing before I'm ready to do so though, so it's slow going!! (I really want to read the journal of my fellow chicka @SweetSue, but it is sooo long, it's daunting!) I'm getting out there though; and I've got a green dot now lol! :thumb:

Oh and I use "Roots Organic Soil" :love:

Anywhoo, thanks for the welcome, I'll look forward to hearing more soon...

BeautyndeBuds

PS nice roots!!

Hey Beauty, no one expects you to slog through all the pages of my hyper-active journal. Sure, there's tons of info in there, but it's a lot of pages. I sometimes find it daunting! :laughtwo: I just tell people to jump into the fray and wander back through at your leisure. Or not. In all likelihood we'll revisit most of it and it'll get referenced with links.

Welcome to the. :420: community. Nicest place on the net. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Legalhydro,

BeautyndeBuds

PS nice roots!!

Haha Legal I do this all the time. I've made it habit to check profiles out before I comment. All the best my man!

BeautyndeBuds "Dudette" is a first time grower but you would not know it by just checking out her journal. She is going to kill it.

We might need to nick name her "Man Eater" You'll have to read the journal to understand. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hello everyone! Thanks for stopping by and showing me some love! Y'all keep me growing ;)

Sorry Beauty! Master P is right, gotta check the profile before I go assuming ish! And SweetSue has much to be learned from. Her journals are inspiring, loving, friendly and packed with knowledge. Hi Sue! :love: I still got a LOT of reading to do on her journals. I still got a lot of reading to do on a lot of people's journals! I've been tied up working and when I am on the site, I have been working profusely, in conjunction with Mr. Teddy on thread #1 for the vets lounge. Should be releasing it today. Prepare for awesomeness!

Vlad has finally tuned into where the hydro people hang out! The young hydro plant looks good! I hope to be around to see the nugs.

Vlad

Привет брат! добро пожаловать!

Thanks for stopping in Vlad! Pleasure to have you! So what is Russia's stance on cannabis if you don't mine me asking.

Привет брат! добро пожаловать!

Thanks for stopping in Vlad! Pleasure to have you! So what is Russia's stance on cannabis if you don't mine me asking.

Thank you comrade. In accordance with United Nations mandates, the pressure to keep it illegal has been upheld unfortunately. There is a push for medicinal derivatives of cannabis but yet it is still not allowed. A shame really.

On the other hand, I moved to south america where it is in fact legal to have your very own plant and carry a certain quantity on the street. Even the cops do not break into your house because they smell it. It's just not legal to buy or sell.

So I have a legal grow, come check out my DWC colombian gold in flower

Vlad

PS. Cheers for keeping it legal

Back
Top Bottom