Legal Hydro's Speedy Gonzales Journal - July 2015

Sorry didn't get any notification there was new posts till now.
I'm not sure with flower yet as mine are still early into flower. As for veg, I would recommend stick with Metal Halide or a high Kelvin cfl/T5 set up. Veg is painfully slow under the Mars II. However... the internode spacing is quite close, I'd say around 5/8 inch between nodes. I think if you could use a metal halide along with led you would get great growth rates and tight node spacing. I will find out soon enough if they are good for flowering. So far looking at the other mars 2 led grows, I'm a little guarded. Seems to be hit or miss and those with less experience in led growing seem to be the ones that have the most trouble getting through flower without problems.
I know it wasn't as helpful as you had hoped, but this is my first led grow so I'm not sure how it will turn out quite yet.
Sorry for the hijack

It was more directed at Guam or Pigeons... The question was whether LED's out perform HID's at anytime? Such as during veg flower even seedling growth?

Ahh my bad..no wonder I was about to say I don't even know the answer and couldn't even form an opinion.. Great question! :)

Sorry didn't get any notification there was new posts till now.
I'm not sure with flower yet as mine are still early into flower. As for veg, I would recommend stick with Metal Halide or a high Kelvin cfl/T5 set up. Veg is painfully slow under the Mars II. However... the internode spacing is quite close, I'd say around 5/8 inch between nodes. I think if you could use a metal halide along with led you would get great growth rates and tight node spacing. I will find out soon enough if they are good for flowering. So far looking at the other mars 2 led grows, I'm a little guarded. Seems to be hit or miss and those with less experience in led growing seem to be the ones that have the most trouble getting through flower without problems.
I know it wasn't as helpful as you had hoped, but this is my first led grow so I'm not sure how it will turn out quite yet.
Sorry for the hijack

No hijack committed I think this is great guam. I wonder/want to know about this stuff all the time. :goodjob:

11756505_10204117466569628_104037537_n.jpg

Any thoughts on this? How often do people get this color mix? why? :Namaste:

Sorry I'm late. I sleep at night :p

to your LED vs HID in veg question. This is where my opinion of HID takes a bit of a hit. I have yet to run a metal halide during veg because of the space required to run it. The smallest MH I have is 250W. Giving off a lot of light and a lot of heat.
In my uninformed opinion I would assume, when I compare things like: Cost, Intensity, Space and efficiency etc., that LED has the win here. And for this reasoning.

Cost- it simply costs more to run a HID than an LED (monthly cost)
Intensity - The intensity is certainly more on an MH than an affordable LED but that leads me to my next point
Space - I don't have space for a MH veg room. That would require me to start a whole other operation to ensure that I could control the temp and humidity because MH give of lots of light and heat. So, I wouldn't be able to run my MH in my little veg cabinet because of heat.
Efficiency - and this ties in all up. The efficiency of an LED is far better than HID with less heat. So, I would be able to run an LED in my small cabinet.

But of course, to make this a full circle of contradiction, I still believe if you have the space and little extra funds to run a HID. Do it. I believe the technology is still superior to LED for the price.

Hope that didn't make me sound to stupid
:lot-o-toke::roorrip:

(Grandma used to tell me that sometimes, I sound smarter when I don't speak :p)

Grandmas get away with a lot. :love: :laughtwo:

Loving all the discussion going on here. I know I'm still learning how to come to peaceful terms with my own CFl to LED transition. My first LED panel was a gift from Doc Bud, or I'd still be working in CFLs. I had tremendous luck with CFLs and autos. I'm determined to learn to get the LEDs to outperform those CFLs. That's every bit as odd as it sounds, but that first grow of mine was a wonder.

Grandmas get away with a lot. :love: :laughtwo:

Loving all the discussion going on here. I know I'm still learning how to come to peaceful terms with my own CFl to LED transition. My first LED panel was a gift from Doc Bud, or I'd still be working in CFLs. I had tremendous luck with CFLs and autos. I'm determined to learn to get the LEDs to outperform those CFLs. That's every bit as odd as it sounds, but that first grow of mine was a wonder.

It was beautiful! I learned a lot about CFLs from your grow! And I encourage everyone to check that journal out!

I think you're making the right choice. But again please don't take my word as the holy grail. Everything I've mentioned is just what I've learned over the last little while. Because I seriously didn't know whether I was going to go LED or stick with HPS. But the evidence seemed clear. And if I can say anything, I have no regrets going big with the 1000W HPS for an easy price of 350$.

:passitleft: Hello Everyone!

It's rather nice to come back to your own thread and have some reading to do! :thumb::love:

It's been a long day out and about working and what not, somewhat tired.. But after making it home I checked on my ladies first thing (Seems the norm now days) lol And as soon as my nose got about 3 inches away from one of the them, I was punched in the face by a skunk! :woohoo: The smell was so nice I contemplated getting a chair and placing it beside the grow tank so I could bathe in the aroma! lol

I have some pictures on the way! :) Trying to get some opinions on my node length space.

Have a great evening everyone! I shall return :Namaste:

Wow that is super early for smell to already start. Hope you have a means of filtering your air cause she is going to smell something wicked come flowering if shes smelling this early.

I was thinking the same but two other people confirmed that they smell it also. I'm not worried about the smell getting out of the house or danking up the inside. Luckily I have 420 friendly neighbors. :)

I was thinking the same but two other people confirmed that they smell it also. I'm not worried about the smell getting out of the house or danking up the inside. Luckily I have 420 friendly neighbors. :)

I'm a novice but my buddy said smelling early is a good sign meaning girls and frosty leaves. I'm not sure but I guess there is some logic to it. At that time he was referring to plants that did eventually flower with fan leaves heavily covered in trichromes. Made for some of the best hash.

I'm a novice but my buddy said smelling early is a good sign meaning girls and frosty leaves. I'm not sure but I guess there is some logic to it. At that time he was referring to plants that did eventually flower with fan leaves heavily covered in trichromes. Made for some of the best hash.

What I think is strange is that only Plant A smells (The strongest of the three)

What I think is strange is that only Plant A smells (The strongest of the three)

Maybe a different strain? Like I said, I don't know enough about growing. I do know that my plants are still seedlings but if I hold them up to my nose I can smell them. My two plants Lucy and Foxy smell a lot stronger than Betty. I have a strong sense of smell though.

Hey Griz,

They are the same strain except for today Plant A smells stronger and Plant B, C smell now too! :) All three plants are Speedy G autoflowers (NYC Diesel X Lowryder #2 X Great White Shark)

Hey Griz,

They are the same strain except for today Plant A smells stronger and Plant B, C smell now too! :) All three plants are Speedy G autoflowers (NYC Diesel X Lowryder #2 X Great White Shark)

Well it's the terpenes that give it the smell and my buddy says that it's usually strain dependent. You have 3 different plants they will smell at different times. He said White Widow is the stankiest so any strain that has White Widow in the mix will stank pretty quick. So if he is correct, Great White Shark should smell the strongest since it has White Widow strain in it. In any case he said they technically have a smell from the time they pop up but becomes noticeable when they are going to start showing their sex and gets stronger from there. I wish he was on these forums so he could explain it better but he's not the forums type.

Some strains will stink more than others and or begin putting out odors early on but this is not necessarily an indicator of final potency or pungency later on during flower.

Back
Top Bottom