Dr. Cannabi's Kali Mist - DIY Organic Soil - Medical Grow & Show

Thank you GD. I love to hear experience. I really appreciate you chiming in. And now I'm for sure going to try it. The fact that you report no trichome damage makes me totally ok with giving it a go. I like to try new things even if they don't make complete sense to me.

I think scrubby was saying just use warm water as the first wash. Then go colder each time. Interesting that you went with very hot water for the first wash.

Thanks again for your input buddy!

Happy Friday GD!

Hey Doc...i just want to clarify....i dont remember what order i did it in as far as hot to cold or cold to hot...i was just saying the three temps used...i do remember that:)....sorry for any confusion:)

Dr,
I did read you got some mold. That is a bummer. I bet I would still be able to grow it her here in CO, though, with our low RH. I feel for you guys in the PNW, when it comes to mold and PM. It's seemingly a non issue for me here, no matter what I grow. I read there are some strains which are really susceptible to PM and such, in the PNW, I think C99 maybe was one of them??

Ah, the hot water first! My theory on that is...think blanching broccoli...you take cold broccoli and submerge it in hot water for 10 seconds right? What happens is it sets the chlorophyll and makes a greener product. All well and good if you wanted to smoke green broccoli! Restaurants only do that for looks and because blanched veggies have a longer shelf life as it were. Well, I dont do the hot water thing because I dont want my terpenes competing with the chlorophyll on a flavor note. Thats why I say just to use room temp water at first then get progressively colder. I think that the hot water does have an effect on the terpene profile as well as the chlorophyll and makes a less desirable taste as a result. Not to mention that how those lil trichomes react when heated...no bueno (unless youre puffin on em! :) )

Dr,
I did read you got some mold. That is a bummer. I bet I would still be able to grow it her here in CO, though, with our low RH. I feel for you guys in the PNW, when it comes to mold and PM. It's seemingly a non issue for me here, no matter what I grow. I read there are some strains which are really susceptible to PM and such, in the PNW, I think C99 maybe was one of them??

I bet your absolutely right CO. You shouldn't have any issues in the Rockies. The humidity here is between 40 and 60 this time of year. I'm going to get a dehumidifier because the Kali supposedly has a long flower time and big sativa buds too. Better sage than sorry. :high-five:

Ah, the hot water first! My theory on that is...think blanching broccoli...you take cold broccoli and submerge it in hot water for 10 seconds right? What happens is it sets the chlorophyll and makes a greener product. All well and good if you wanted to smoke green broccoli! Restaurants only do that for looks and because blanched veggies have a longer shelf life as it were. Well, I dont do the hot water thing because I dont want my terpenes competing with the chlorophyll on a flavor note. Thats why I say just to use room temp water at first then get progressively colder. I think that the hot water does have an effect on the terpene profile as well as the chlorophyll and makes a less desirable taste as a result. Not to mention that how those lil trichomes react when heated...no bueno (unless youre puffin on em! :) )

Thank you scrubby. That makes a lot of sense too. I definitely don't want to be smoking blanched broccoli lol.

That's interesting scrubby, because I've been using warm/hot water in my budwashes. I'll try without the hot water from now on and see if that makes a difference. thanks for sharing :love:

I've got my drying room DIALED in! This is totally impossible in the summer as the drying room is my garage LOL!!! This will be the best cured weed I've ever done!

Check out the stats:
2014-12-19_17_00_58.jpg

This is the absolute perfect environment for drying our favorite flower. :circle-of-love::cheer::volcano-smiley::peace:

Happy Saturday everyone!

Hey everybody,

I've been fighting off a respiratory infection and ended up in the hospital with pneumonia. I'm finally back home and back to work.

I'll get the final numbers and initial smoke report on the MSH tonight. I'll try to get caught up with everyone's journals over the next couple days too.

Thanks for the Christmas cheer :Namaste::thanks:

I'm so glad to be back! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom