Drip Pan/Tray For 5x5 Tent

Aroxol

Anyone have any ideas to effectively protect carpet with a 5x5 or 6x6 tent on it? Definitely going to lay down some clear plastic and probably a tarp, but hoping to find something like a giant flood table or giant drip pan that has elevated edges to capture any leaks just in case. I’ll also have a flood tray base inside the tent, but just trying to do everything I can to keep the house nice. Can’t seem to find anything in my searches so hoping a few of you can steer me in the right direction?

They make drain pans for water heaters and washing machines, though the water heater ones are usually round. Not something you could cover a 5x5 with but maybe multiple ones side by side, as they come in a variety of sizes.

Wooden box lined with pond liner or roll on bedliner. If it's your last line of defense to catch any and all leaks to protect the floor, it doesn't make sense to have any additional joints or seams from using multiple pieces. I just ordered 42"*28" pans from Grainger and they cost as much as my 4*4 flood tables did.

You could contact a sheet metal company in your town and ask them to make you one. Give them the dimensions and tell them you want the sides to be 2 in tall. Have them make it out of stainless steel and if there's any joints clean those joints yourself let them dry and then caulk them with a good silicone caulk , it doesn't have to be pretty it just has to be watertight

All good ideas, thanks guys. The thin metal low profile oil tray is pretty much exactly what I was thinking originally, they’re all just not the right dimensions.

I like the frame idea turbo and provides the elevated sides with a single point of capture. For this idea, if I just framed out (4) 2x4 into a square and then draped a giant plastic sheeting over it, stapled to the outside... any thoughts on what type of sheeting or material would be ideal/ able to handle puddles water and/or longer exposure to condensation?

Otherwise, my plan is probably going along with Dwight’s thought and cover the seams/ gaps with something like flexseal/ silicone tape/ rubber spray or something to that effect.

I’ve decided to replace my 6x4 tent with a 5x5 and then put a 4x4 flood tray inside. I just know the wrath that will come from the Mrs. if I screw up the carpet up and therefore trying to plan for WCS. Appreciate your help guys.

This is kind of what I’m thinking in my head based on what you said, just imagine truck sides are 2x4 and tent sits in middle on the floor. I know this guy uses some type of vinyl to seal the water, just not 100% on the material or if there’s something like it I can get cheap.
5937B16B-437E-454D-A9ED-5EDD9B45722A.jpeg

Pond liner is heavy and obviously made for holding large quantities of water. It's available at most home improvement stores but you'll likely end up with a bunch left over.
Roll on bed liner is a diy rubber coating used primarily for protecting pickup truck beds but makes a great waterproof barrier. I've used it to fix a couple of flat bottom boats that get run into stumps and sand bars frequently.

That’s perfect and I’m going to order some for sure, it’s exactly what I was looking for and can be cut to size. For the frame I may just frame some PVC around the base of the tent and elevate the corners with legs maybe 2-3”. Should be easy enough and serve its purpose!

What a pain in the dick day, basic carpet protection is in place I’m sufficiently reminded what a massive pain in the ass moving/ resetting up a grow environment is... What a long day, little to show for it. But with change comes opportunity.

@Old Salt inspired me to find my inner sailor today and have some fun with pulleys...whether they’ll work is yet to be determined.

I am having a thought I’m hoping to get some peoples take on, and that thought is automated foliar feeding. By automated really all I mean is I don’t have to be in the tent to do it. Add a mix of whatever outside the tent for delivery inside. Any insight on this - worth it, not worth it? If it’s a pain in the ass I’m not going to mess with it, but if it’s pretty simple and you have some rough designs lmk. Thanks guys/ gals.

Foliar feeding could be accomplished with multiple spray nozzles inside the tent. You wouldn't get the coverage that you would if you do this by hand where you can direct the spray where it's needed. Automation looks like a recipe for a major mess to me.

Alright, that’s where my head was at too but wanted to shop the idea to see if anyone had success before I wrapped up the new tent (hopefully today). I went with your pulley design on easy mode, pretty much going to run a single sheave on the right side connected to two doubles on the left. Tying them directly to the rails with some paracord. Say a prayer for me and the lighting hoist today.

Alright, that’s where my head was at too but wanted to shop the idea to see if anyone had success before I wrapped up the new tent (hopefully today). I went with your pulley design on easy mode, pretty much going to run a single sheave on the right side connected to two doubles on the left. Tying them directly to the rails with some paracord. Say a prayer for me and the lighting hoist today.

Who was the Cannabis god? Did Bacchus fill that role in his duties as god of agriculture, wine and fertility? Oh well, it can't hurt. Prayer sent.

Back
Top Bottom